New Jan. 6 committee video shows how Trump avoided tough talk on Capitol Hill riot response

bradlux

An original script for Donald Trump’s speech the day after the Capitol insurrection included tough talk ordering the Justice Department to “ensure all lawbreakers are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law” and stating the rioters “do not represent me.”

But those words were crossed out with thick black lines, apparently by Trump, according to exhibits released by House investigators.

Virginia Rep. Elaine Luria, a Democratic member of the House panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack, tweeted out a short video on Monday that included testimony from White House aides discussing Trump’s speech on Jan. 7 and a screenshot of the speech, with notes and with lines to be deleted.

Werbung:
An original script for Donald Trump’s speech the day after the Capitol insurrection included tough talk ordering the Justice Department to “ensure all lawbreakers are prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law” and stating the rioters “do not represent me.”

But those words were crossed out with thick black lines, apparently by Trump, according to exhibits released by House investigators.

Virginia Rep. Elaine Luria, a Democratic member of the House panel investigating the Jan. 6, 2021, attack, tweeted out a short video on Monday that included testimony from White House aides discussing Trump’s speech on Jan. 7 and a screenshot of the speech, with notes and with lines to be deleted.
He needs to be HelD responsible.

so which of those witnesses are "clowns" and why are they clowns?

you're good at posting stupid pictures, lets see if you can actually prove your claims.
hahahahah

hhahhaha

"Many of the exclusive details come from the questioning of Trump's former deputy chief of staff, Dan Scavino, who first started working for Trump as a teenager three decades ago and is now a paid senior adviser to Trump's reelection campaign. Scavino wouldn't speak with the House select committee that conducted its own probe related to Jan. 6, but -- after a judge overruled claims of executive privilege last year -- he did speak with Smith's team, and key portions of what he said were described to ABC News.

Sources said Scavino told Smith's investigators that as the violence began to escalate that day, Trump "was just not interested" in doing more to stop it.

Sources also said former Trump aide
Nick Luna told federal investigators that when Trump was informed that then-Vice President Mike Pence had to be rushed to a secure location, Trump responded, "So what?" -- which sources said Luna saw as an unexpected willingness by Trump to let potential harm come to a longtime loyalist."

"Many of the exclusive details come from the questioning of Trump's former deputy chief of staff, Dan Scavino, who first started working for Trump as a teenager three decades ago and is now a paid senior adviser to Trump's reelection campaign. Scavino wouldn't speak with the House select committee that conducted its own probe related to Jan. 6, but -- after a judge overruled claims of executive privilege last year -- he did speak with Smith's team, and key portions of what he said were described to ABC News.

Sources said Scavino told Smith's investigators that as the violence began to escalate that day, Trump "was just not interested" in doing more to stop it.

Sources also said former Trump aide
Nick Luna told federal investigators that when Trump was informed that then-Vice President Mike Pence had to be rushed to a secure location, Trump responded, "So what?" -- which sources said Luna saw as an unexpected willingness by Trump to let potential harm come to a longtime loyalist."

So what

Insurrection and potus just sits around and that's your response? Sad
There was no insurrection on the part of concerned Americans who protested against the Democrat 2020 voting fraud. Democrats have been conducting nonstop seditious assaults on President Trump for more than 7 years and are still less favored than Trump in the majority of counties in America.

The nonstop attacks on Trump remind me of what King David said about his enemies wresting his words in ungodly hateful efforts to unjustly destroy him.

Psalm 56

1 Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.

2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.

3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.

6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.

7 Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.

There was no insurrection on the part of concerned Americans who protested against the Democrat 2020 voting fraud. Democrats have been conducting nonstop seditious assaults on President Trump for more than 7 years and are still less favored than Trump in the majority of counties in America.

The nonstop attacks on Trump remind me of what King David said about his enemies wresting his words in ungodly hateful efforts to unjustly destroy him.

Psalm 56

1 Be merciful unto me, O God: for man would swallow me up; he fighting daily oppresseth me.

2 Mine enemies would daily swallow me up: for they be many that fight against me, O thou most High.

3 What time I am afraid, I will trust in thee.

4 In God I will praise his word, in God I have put my trust; I will not fear what flesh can do unto me.

5 Every day they wrest my words: all their thoughts are against me for evil.

6 They gather themselves together, they hide themselves, they mark my steps, when they wait for my soul.

7 Shall they escape by iniquity? in thine anger cast down the people, O God.

this wasn't protesting, moron. It was trying to stop biden from being confirmed as president. that's an insurrection.
it doesn't matter what the thugs thought it was, like other criminals who try to excuse their actions. lol

thanks for the sermon, pastor mark! lol

this wasn't protesting, moron. It was trying to stop biden from being confirmed as president. that's an insurrection.
it doesn't matter what the thugs thought it was, like other criminals who try to excuse their actions. lol

thanks for the sermon, pastor mark! lol
Wrong. Jan 6 was a mostly peaceful protest (with a smattering of leftist or unchristian instigators and uncivilized followers of the evil instigators) against Democrat voting fraud clearly seen in irrefutable widespread evidence. If you want to see real violent insurrection photos here is one:

1704900415726.jpeg

Werbung:
Wrong. Jan 6 was a mostly peaceful protest (with a smattering of leftist or unchristian instigators and uncivilized followers of the evil instigators) against Democrat voting fraud clearly seen in irrefutable widespread evidence. If you want to see real violent insurrection photos here is one:

View attachment 10132
so that picture was leftists trying to prevent the rightful potus from taking office? no? lol.
what a stupid deflection attempt.

but it does't matter if jan 6 was "mostly peaceful", what matters was the violent thugs who did attempt an insurrection, and failed.
the fact that not everyone was violent doesn't excuse those who were, legal moron. lol

Back