NHS receives stolen body parts

Brandon

Wow! This is by far one of the strangest things I have ever heard of. According to the BBC, the British healthcare system (The NHS) has recieved stolen body parts from the US. The main issue that they are trying to clear up is whether or not the parts are infected with any diseases.

My opinion is that even though this could have happened in a private hospital, this is just another strike against socialized medicine. What can I say, I am biased!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/health/5333912.stm

Werbung:
Tangential: I'm also interested in the regular "violation of human rights" in the form of execution and non-consensual harvesting of organs from an estimated +60000 people a year in China.

I've heard about organ harvesting in China, but it's so outlandish-sounding that I almost can't believe it. There are Falun Gong practicers who demonstrate in the city quite regularly (more than regularly, in fact; they're out there every day in multiple locations, it seems). They talk about how the Chinese government oppresses them, tortures them, and uses them for sick sh*t like organ harvesting.

If the stuff they're talking about is true, then the Chinese government is just plain rotten. It sounds crazy for them to do something like that, but that's no reason to rule it out as a possibility. More depraved acts have been committed throughout history.

Isn't Bush on the record as supporting China?

This sounds familiar. Didn't something similar happen in the US a while ago? Regardless, how difficult this must be for those who received the implants.

Jim: The reports have been confirmed as beyond reasonable doubt (forget the source...should look it up when I get time) since a few months ago. The reason we don't know much about China is because they simply don't tell. And flagrantly lie about what they're doing.

The Falun Gong practicioners are there in force in direct defiance from what they view as oppressive measures as a development/remnant of the cultural revolution. I personally would not dismiss the charges of persecution, but since I don't know enough about the matter I can only say that from the way I percieved it to play out that this is a continuing matter of concern.

Plumley, you might be thinking of all those spam e-mails that were sent out a couple of years ago warning guys to be careful since a one-night stand might wind up with you waking up in a bathtub filled with ice and a note saying to call the doctor because your liver/bladder/spleen/whatever was taken.

i remember hearing something similar about it happening from a reputable news article. Was a while ago and the article is probably going to be hard to track down.

And thanks to Doug for his post on China. They have been horrible on human rights.

Plumley, you might be thinking of all those spam e-mails that were sent out a couple of years ago warning guys to be careful since a one-night stand might wind up with you waking up in a bathtub filled with ice and a note saying to call the doctor because your liver/bladder/spleen/whatever was taken.

There has been no doubt that China has deplorable human rights laws and treatment. The positive part is that with more economic growth and stability, China might change and become more democratic. One can only hope!

That's a reasonable connection to make but no, I wasn't thinking of the urban legend. As l99999us said, I remember it coming from a reputable news source. It's interesting how quickly a scandal is replaced sometimes. Probably that one was, with something even more scandalous.

Werbung:
This entire thing is so bizarre. We have really gone full circle from the body snatching of the past to the organ snatching of today. What could be more of an invasion to the human body?

Back