No wonder Obama admin is ignoring the border: We are LOSING THE WAR there

Little-Acorn

No wonder Federal agents, and especially high Federal officials, are reluctant to talk about what's really happening on the border with Mexico.

The U.S. government is LOSING THE WAR that's going on there.

The enemy (why call the foreign drug gangs coming across the border anything else?) is capturing U.S. territory, occupying it, exploiting it by force, and attacking further and further. And we are doing nothing effective to stop them.

------------------------------------------------------

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2010/06/22/mexican-gangs-permanent-lookouts-parkland/

Mexican Gangs Maintain Permanent Lookout Bases in Hills of Arizona

Mexican drug cartels have set up shop on American soil, maintaining lookout bases in strategic locations in the hills of southern Arizona from which their scouts can monitor every move made by law enforcement officials, federal agents tell Fox News.

Mexican drug cartels have set up shop on American soil, maintaining lookout bases in strategic locations in the hills of southern Arizona from which their scouts can monitor every move made by law enforcement officials, federal agents tell Fox News.

The scouts are supplied by drivers who bring them food, water, batteries for radios -- all the items they need to stay in the wilderness for a long time.

Click here for more on this story from Adam Housley.

“To say that this area is out of control is an understatement," said an agent who patrols the area and asked not to be named. "We (federal border agents), as well as the Pima County Sheriff Office and the Bureau of Land Management, can attest to that.”

Much of the drug traffic originates in the Menagers Dam area, the Vekol Valley, Stanfield and around the Tohono O’odham Indian Reservation. It even follows a natural gas pipeline that runs from Mexico into Arizona.

In these areas, which are south and west of Tucson, sources said there are “cartel scouts galore” watching the movements of federal, state and local law enforcement, from the border all the way up to Interstate 8.

“Every night we’re getting beaten like a pinata at a birthday party by drug, alien smugglers," a second federal agent told Fox News by e-mail. "The danger is out there, with all the weapons being found coming northbound…. someone needs to know about this!”

The agents blame part of their plight on new policies from Washington, claiming it has put a majority of the U.S. agents on the border itself. One agent compared it to a short-yardage defense in football, explaining that once the smugglers and drug-runners break through the front line, they're home free.

“We are unable to work any traffic, because they have us forward deployed," the agent said. "We are unable to work the traffic coming out of the mountains. That traffic usually carries weapons and dope, too, again always using stolen vehicles.”

The Department of Homeland Security denies it has ordered any major change in operations or any sort of change in forward deployment.

“The Department of Homeland Security has dedicated unprecedented manpower, technology and infrastructure resources to the Southwest border over the course of the past 16 months," DHS spokesman Matt Chandler said. "Deployment of CBP/Border Patrol and ICE personnel to various locations throughout the Southwest border is based on actionable intelligence and operational need, not which elected official can yell the loudest.”

While agents in the area agree that southwest Arizona has been a trouble spot for more than a decade, many believe Washington and politicians “who come here for one-day visit” aren’t seeing the big picture.

They say the area has never been controlled and has suddenly gotten worse, with the cartels maintaining a strong presence on U.S. soil. More than ever, agents on the front lines are wearing tactical gear, including helmets, to protect themselves.

“More than 4,000 of these agents are deployed in Arizona," Chandler says. "The strategy to secure our nation’s borders is based on a 'defense in depth' philosophy, including the use of interior checkpoints, like the one on FR 85 outside Ajo, to interdict threats attempting to move from the border into the interior of our nation.”

Without placing direct fault on anyone, multiple agents told Fox that the situation is more dangerous for them than ever now that the cartels have such a strong position on the American side of the border.

They say morale is down among many who patrol the desolate area, and they worry that the situation won't change until an agent gets killed.

Werbung:
What is being described is not so much the border war as it is the war on drugs. Yes, that war is being lost, no question about it.

The war on drugs is being fought in Colombia, where FARC is using cocaine to find its insurgency, as well as in Afganistan, where the Taliban is being funded by heroin.

Until we stand back and take a good hard and honest look at the war on drugs and the results thereof, we will continue to have violence not only on the border, but on our city streets as well.

What is being described is not so much the border war as it is the war on drugs. Yes, that war is being lost, no question about it.

The war on drugs is being fought in Colombia, where FARC is using cocaine to find its insurgency, as well as in Afganistan, where the Taliban is being funded by heroin.

Until we stand back and take a good hard and honest look at the war on drugs and the results thereof, we will continue to have violence not only on the border, but on our city streets as well.

Would seem that a good start in that fight would be a hard line of defense. I can't think of better line than securing our borders.

Would seem that a good start in that fight would be a hard line of defense. I can't think of better line than securing our borders.

The borders need to be secured to put an end to illegal immigration. Securing the borders isn't going to stop drug smuggling. If we can't even keep drugs out of the prisons, how are we going to keep them out of the country? Moreover, even if we could somehow keep the cocaine and heroin out, the druggies would simply use some other substance, like meth for example.

No, the borders need to be secured, and the war on drugs needs to be reexamined. Both are failures of the federal government.

The borders need to be secured to put an end to illegal immigration. Securing the borders isn't going to stop drug smuggling. If we can't even keep drugs out of the prisons, how are we going to keep them out of the country? Moreover, even if we could somehow keep the cocaine and heroin out, the druggies would simply use some other substance, like meth for example.

No, the borders need to be secured, and the war on drugs needs to be reexamined. Both are failures of the federal government.

I see so instead of closing the door to at least try and make it harder.....we should just leave it open! I know that there is more than one way that drugs enter the country, but the border is a huge one.

I see so instead of closing the door to at least try and make it harder.....we should just leave it open! I know that there is more than one way that drugs enter the country, but the border is a huge one.

That isn't what I said, now is it?

Securing the border is a necessity for several reasons. It won't stop rampant drug abuse on this side of the border, nor the drug wars on the other side, nor the gang wars in our own streets.

That isn't what I said, now is it?

Securing the border is a necessity for several reasons. It won't stop rampant drug abuse on this side of the border, nor the drug wars on the other side, nor the gang wars in our own streets.

Now I didn't say that it would stop drug abuse on this side, did I? I didn't say it would end a drug war in Mexico, did I? Mexico will have to deal with its insanely corrupt government, put on its big boy pants, and be a real country! I was just saying that it would help slow the flow of drugs into our country.

Now I didn't say that it would stop drug abuse on this side, did I? I didn't say it would end a drug war in Mexico, did I? Mexico will have to deal with its insanely corrupt government, put on its big boy pants, and be a real country! I was just saying that it would help slow the flow of drugs into our country.

Doubtful at best.

The only thing that would significantly slow the flow of drugs into this country would be less demand for those drugs. As long as there is a high demand and a high profitability, drug runners will find ways.

Doubtful at best.

The only thing that would significantly slow the flow of drugs into this country would be less demand for those drugs. As long as there is a high demand and a high profitability, drug runners will find ways.

So again do you leave the front door open, because they are coming in the back? Yes, we have to stop slapping these murdering drug dealing pieces of garbage on the wrist, and start passing out some real punishment. It's gonna take addressing the problem not just creating more DARE programs.

So again do you leave the front door open, because they are coming in the back?

No, you close the front door to keep trespassers out, knowing that it won't stop the flow of drugs.

Yes, we have to stop slapping these murdering drug dealing pieces of garbage on the wrist, and start passing out some real punishment. It's gonna take addressing the problem not just creating more DARE programs.

Yes, addressing the problem is the way to go, but it won't happen. Some of what has to be done isn't going to be politically expedient.

No wonder Obama admin is ignoring the border: We are LOSING THE WAR there​

No wonder Federal agents, and especially high Federal officials, are reluctant to talk about what's really happening on the border with Mexico.

The U.S. government is LOSING THE WAR that's going on there.

The enemy (why call the foreign drug gangs coming across the border anything else?) is capturing U.S. territory, occupying it, exploiting it by force, and attacking further and further. And we are doing nothing effective to stop them.

Build a wall? Of course that is ludicrous, How about just saying, "NO", of course that didn't work very well. Maybe the reality is too many Americans are using drugs, alcohol and crime do to poverty and disaffection? Maybe policies in legislatures and The Congress are too concerned about their jobs as job #1 instead of arguing with each other, rather than presenting arguments and debating how to make the masses believing life is worth living?

Werbung:
Build a wall? Of course that is ludicrous, How about just saying, "NO", of course that didn't work very well. Maybe the reality is too many Americans are using drugs, alcohol and crime due to poverty and disaffection? Maybe policies in legislatures and The Congress are too concerned about their jobs as job #1 instead of arguing with each other, rather than presenting arguments and debating how to make the masses believing life is worth living?

Back