Not making this up: Michelle Obama scolds OLYMPIC GOLD MEDAL WINNER for eating "wrong" thing

Werbung:

Apparently the school does not think there is a problem with the lunches not being liked - they just intend to integrate the changes over a longer period of time.

I eat very healthy at home (according to my own ideas of what that means) and I would not eat that plan either. First I don't eat many grains whole or otherwise. But when I do I would prefer white bread over whole because it has less phytates. Second, I prefer to eat more vegetables and less fruits so that change would not make me happier either. Next I am sure that the program includes the same old textured soy protein and other poor protein choices. Lastly, I think that the fat in milk is a fantastic choice of healthy energy - one that our bodies are designed to thrive on. Of course I don't drink mass produced pasteurized milk either. For me its whole milk straight from the dairy where I can see the cow and know the conditions it lives in.

In fact, I would not even be able to boycott the program because I would already be taking a sack lunch. But good for the kids to stand up for their own right to choose. Too bad the school did not simply add choice rather than coercing the "healthier" options.

Werbung:
One of the things mentioned in the article was the portions and calorie content. Kids were complaining about being hungry before school was out. Seems to me so many of these people have never raised kids. Teenage boys, you can't fill them up. This is the age where they start producing muscle mass. Their bodies change drastically during this time, and they also require a certain amout of fat for brain function.

Back