obama should not be president: He's not really a christian

who gets to judge what church is Christian? some would say a church itself is unchristian and against what Jesus said...so I could say all who go to church are not Christian.

Sure, which is why it's useful to look at what (a) the Bible says, and what (b) the vast majority of Christians agree Christianity is all about.

The vast majority say that it's about God's love for mankind, which is infinite and, moreover, universal. Anyone who accepts God is reborn into a spiritual nation of Israel, which by the very nature of its existence denies that there anymore literal nation of Israel -- that is, that there are no more chosen races. The universality of God's love is, to me, the central tenet of Christianity.

Black theology rejects this, with its conception of God as a destroying racial avenger out to save blacks only and destroy whites. Ergo it is a heresy and not Christian.

I can, if you like, provide relevant citations from Dr. Cone's Black Theology and Black Power, which Rev. Wright has endorsed unequivocally.

Werbung:
Barack Obama is not running for Pope or any other position of religious leadership. He is running for the presidency of a secular republic with separation of church and state written into its constitution. His religion is of concern only in that his choice of a pastor may be some cause for doubt about his loyalty to this country, or his ability to judge others' loyalty.

Obama most likely chose Wright's church in order to gain credibility among the black voters of his district, much as McCain's seeking the endorsment of "Reverend" Hagee was done to gain credibility among the Christian Right.

As long as his religion, the one he believes in down deep where he lives, values honesty and fairness, teaches that we need to treat others the way we want to be treated, then his religion is of no concern, nor is McCain's religion of concern.

Werbung:
Back