Obamaconomy!!!

Okay, then... what capital? What production?

What do you mean "what capital?"

Let's define capital as wealth set aside for future production.

Of course money is not synonymous with capital or wealth. However, for some time wages have been paid primarily in money. Money in that case is representative of the wealth set aside for future production, so when it is paid out in wages it is capital.

I don't care what underlies the dollar. I don't care how the supply expands and contracts. Neither of those points are germane to what is being discussed. They are certainly interesting, don't get me wrong. I'm reading your posts and links. But the discussion was on what is in terms of the system we live in. Not the theory underneath it.

Werbung:
Au contraire, it's all interdependent. If, for instance, we all pull out all of the money that's theoretically "available" in our "demand deposit accounts" at the same time, we immediately end civilization as we know it. Period. End of story. Defining fungible capital for the sake of the debate does nothing whatsoever to quantify how much is technically available to direct to "productive" efforts. You could just as well be ultimately "eating your seedcorn" if the math doesn't work out right. Therefore, get more specific.

Au contraire, it's all interdependent. If, for instance, we all pull out all of the money that's theoretically "available" in our "demand deposit accounts" at the same time, we immediately end civilization as we know it. Period. End of story. Defining fungible capital for the sake of the debate does nothing whatsoever to quantify how much is technically available to direct to "productive" efforts. You could just as well be ultimately "eating your seedcorn" if the math doesn't work out right. Therefore, get more specific.

I have gotten as specific as need be. Your scenario has done nothing to diminish my definition.

Yeah, that should be about right for the TEMPORARY jobs added in order to take and process THE CENSUS!!!
So.....what you're tryin' to say, is......

ht_shock_060727_ssv.jpg

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!

"President Barack Obama’s approval rating moved higher after Congress passed the most sweeping overhaul of U.S. health-care policy in more than four decades, his key domestic legislative goal, a poll released today showed.

Obama’s approval rating rose to 50 percent from 48 percent in the latest daily tracking poll conducted by Washington-based Gallup, while his disapproval rating fell to 43 percent from 44 percent."

529.gif

I went through that as it applies to what was being discussed.
Put it this way: you appear to be hinting that there is an excess of n% of our GDP that is being "stowed away" in bank accounts (of the rich, no doubt) for tapping (for whatever undisclosed reason) in the future. We're talking funds that would be completely fungible, by the way, instead of funds reinvested in companies and endeavors (ultimately) that will earn a coupon. In short, it's as if you're making the case (and maybe I've got that wrong, please clarify if this isn't the case) that a large portion of the profits earned are literally being shovelled into (a) vault(s) somewhere.

And, therefore, it's imperative for The Little People to effect changes in legislation to "redistribute" the wealth in order to save their collective @$$es from The Filthy Rich. Just like they did with the Bolshevik Revolution.

So.

Do you have a number in mind for "n"?

Put it this way: you appear to be hinting that there is an excess of n% of our GDP that is being "stowed away" in bank accounts (of the rich, no doubt) for tapping (for whatever undisclosed reason) in the future. We're talking funds that would be completely fungible, by the way, instead of funds reinvested in companies and endeavors (ultimately) that will earn a coupon. In short, it's as if you're making the case (and maybe I've got that wrong, please clarify if this isn't the case) that a large portion of the profits earned are literally being shovelled into (a) vault(s) somewhere.

And, therefore, it's imperative for The Little People to effect changes in legislation to "redistribute" the wealth in order to save their collective @$$es from The Filthy Rich. Just like they did with the Bolshevik Revolution.

So.

Do you have a number in mind for "n"?

No, that's not what I was talking about.

I said that the government was capable of employing capital productively. To counter an inference I saw that claimed a government job is always a drain on the economy.

No, what I'm saying is that we have most certainly NOT generated viable, organic growth yet in the economy and that you should make a habit of vetting your sources better. That is, unless you have a specific agenda as a pump monkey and this board is one of your assignments, in which case I expect you should carry on for your corporate masters.

It'll be VERY interesting when this happens:

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20602099&sid=aOMjkIVtKRU4

No, that's not what I was talking about.

I said that the government was capable of employing capital productively. To counter an inference I saw that claimed a government job is always a drain on the economy.
Well, then, let's fix that statement and make it more palatable, shall we?

"A government job is virtually always a drain on the economy."

Better?

Kinda' depends on what the job is, huh? If it's the TVA, it's probably not so bad. If it's something for The Arts... well... then... it's probably pure waste.

Well, then, let's fix that statement and make it more palatable, shall we?

"A government job is virtually always a drain on the economy."

Better?

Kinda' depends on what the job is, huh? If it's the TVA, it's probably not so bad. If it's something for The Arts... well... then... it's probably pure waste.

I'm simply happy the misunderstanding was cleared up.

The original point I was making is that govt jobs are paid for with money from the private sector. So the more Govt jobs created, the less money there is in the private sector.
Which entails that there will be less private sector jobs.

People are foolish to believe that by growing the Govt job sector, we are strengthening the economy. The money paid to those govt employees come from taxing the private sector.

The original point I was making is that govt jobs are paid for with money from the private sector. So the more Govt jobs created, the less money there is in the private sector.
Which entails that there will be less private sector jobs.

People are foolish to believe that by growing the Govt job sector, we are strengthening the economy. The money paid to those govt employees come from taxing the private sector.

Most of the Post Office revenues after it was spun out as a semi autonomous unit do not come from taxing. The only thing guaranteed by Congress was a few hundred thousand dollars to pay for postage for the blind.

Leading Boomers Want to Work, Face High Unemployment
Jul 27 05:20 AM US/Eastern

MINNEAPOLIS, July 27 /PRNewswire/ -- Leading boomers (aged 63-64) want to continue working, but three times as many are unemployed today as were two years ago. They face high unemployment, unwanted early retirement, and early draws on Social Security, meaning less retirement income. This critical finding is from Deft Research's just-released Age-in Study 2010. Using a combination of population demographics and Deft's primary research, this study shows how age 65 has now become irrelevant to boomers' retirement plans. Instead, this population wants to maintain their lifestyles as long as possible, with an increasing need for earned income to make this possible.

This report shows changing trends in working that are boomers' response to the need to stretch financial resources over a longer period of time, as health status improves and life expectancy increases. The health system's performance in providing wellness and chronic care management that allows older persons to work is important to this age group's ability to live a desired lifestyle.

The Age-in Study 2010 uses this backdrop to develop implications for the demand for various Medicare related insurance products.
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=xprnw.20100727.AQTUFNS01&show_article=1

Just another terrible consequence of Obummer's economic policy...and it is of course ignored by the MSM and the useful idiots.

Werbung:
Back