oh dear, there goes that myth

Werbung:
Johnny's statement isn't a "theory", it's a fact! When I was a young man, those people in poverty might have gone for days without eating, gone without decent clothes for school, and wouldn't even have dreamed of owning a car. Societal morality was different back then, and most folks in poverty wanted desparately to work. Now, many in "poverty" don't even try to work, they receive food stamps to ensure they'll eat, they own one or two televisions, an x-box, a cell phone, and a car..... and to state the fact again, they do nothing to earn it! Saying that the truth is a "theory", doesn't fit the definition of either term.
You must be a very old man, then.

The welfare state has, for better or worse, been around for a very long time.

and the theory that it has gotten worse in the past couple of years due to having a Democrat in the White House, rather than due to the recession, is a bit shaky, it seems to me.

and the theory that it has gotten worse in the past couple of years due to having a Democrat in the White House, rather than due to the recession, is a bit shaky, it seems to me.

Yes the welfare state has been around awhile and has failed miserably. Something like $15 Trillion has been confiscated and transferred to no effect, since the Progressive Butcher of Vietnam enacted welfare just to enslave African Americans to big government and the D Party.

However, if you had any knowledge of what millions of Americans suffered during the 1930s when your hero FDR imposed his fascist policies resulting in great harm, you would know about REAL poverty. For example, you would know that many American GIs who were drafted after Pearl Harbor found the military offered THREE square meals a day...something they had seldom experienced thanks the the progressive policies of Stalin's Stooge (FDR).

There is NO REAL poverty in America no matter what your friends in the MSM tell you.

People should study what the black family situation was BEFORE all the welfare entitlement programs--before they tout them as "successes".
The rate of bastard children was FAR LOWER and many families held together--against great obstacles.
They had strength. Fathers stayed in the family.

Then--the democrats built ghettos in the hearts of mostly eastern/northern cities, at first, and turned them into deplorable cesspools of crime, violence and despair. They mostly are the center for crime and violence, theft and robbery in a geographic circle around the ghetto.
LOOK at them--LOOK AT THEM!
They are the PRIDE OF THE DEMOCRAT PARTY!

Only a total and complete blithering idiot does not see the titanic failure there.
And the torture and destruction--mental and physical--they have caused as they "helped" them.

Illegal immigration--another democrat "gift"--removing millions of jobs for this class of workers was the final blow that doomed these hopeless and lost people.
And that--is PRECISELY what they are. LOST PEOPLE.

And let's also not forget--any young man/woman in America can--if he/she does not become a criminal and stays in school--can join the US Military and gain some useful skills and earn the right to a great college education even if he has not a dime to his name.
This country offers that to all.

And let's also not forget--any young man/woman in America can--if he/she does not become a criminal and stays in school--can join the US Military and gain some useful skills and earn the right to a great college education even if he has not a dime to his name.
This country offers that to all.
Even Democrats?

Are you prejudiced against senior citizens? ;) (Sorry, I was using a leftwing tactic there). If you mean that I've LEARNED a lot in my years on this earth..... you're damned right I have!

I paid my first Medicare tax payment on the very first day the law was effective. I'm a fairly competent historian too, so I know exactly how long welfare programs have existed. As a historian, I can also advise you that they've been "for the worse"!

I suppose if I was Bill Clinton, I should reply by saying, "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'WORSE' is." Some folks might consider a 30%+ increase in the National debt as being "WORSE". Some folks might consider an 8%+ unemployment rate for 3 1/2 years in a row as being "WORSE". Some folks might consider having a President who's a liar and a demagogue as being "WORSE". Some folks might consider having a virtually non-existent, economic growth rate as being "WORSE". He hasn't achieved one economic success!

There has been a Democrat President in the White House during the last 3 1/2 years, hasn't there? Given the aforementioned examples of his failures, my conclusion to blame him isn't one bit "Shaky". My conclusion is an unshakable fact!

poverty is right back where it was when LBJ made the Great Society to eliminate it.
whose policies insured that we would still be in what is effectively a recession ?

Are you prejudiced against senior citizens? ;) (Sorry, I was using a leftwing tactic there). If you mean that I've LEARNED a lot in my years on this earth..... you're damned right I have!

I paid my first Medicare tax payment on the very first day the law was effective. I'm a fairly competent historian too, so I know exactly how long welfare programs have existed. As a historian, I can also advise you that they've been "for the worse"!

I suppose if I was Bill Clinton, I should reply by saying, "It depends on what the meaning of the word 'WORSE' is." Some folks might consider a 30%+ increase in the National debt as being "WORSE". Some folks might consider an 8%+ unemployment rate for 3 1/2 years in a row as being "WORSE". Some folks might consider having a President who's a liar and a demagogue as being "WORSE". Some folks might consider having a virtually non-existent, economic growth rate as being "WORSE". He hasn't achieved one economic success!

There has been a Democrat President in the White House during the last 3 1/2 years, hasn't there? Given the aforementioned examples of his failures, my conclusion to blame him isn't one bit "Shaky". My conclusion is an unshakable fact!

True, except that the recession in question predates the Democrat in question. True, the POTUS and his Democrat Congress didn't fix the mess, and sure, the welfare state has in general been for the worse.

Seems to me that it dates to the time of that other Democratic POTUS by the name of Johnson, doesn't it? Great society and all?

and didn't welfare reform happen under yet another Democratic POTUS, one named Bill?

Oh, and that first Democratic POTUS I named? I'm sorry to say I voted for him. Should have gone for Goldwater, but I was afraid he would get us into a war. What irony, huh?

I guess that makes me a seasoned citizen as well.

True, except that the recession in question predates the Democrat in question. True, the POTUS and his Democrat Congress didn't fix the mess, and sure, the welfare state has in general been for the worse.

The economic condition that existed upon GW's exit was indeed Bad. Since taking office, Obama has exploded our National debt, spent tax money on "Green jobs" that never happend, instituted a "healthcare" fiasco that will cost trillions of dollars while reducing patient access to doctors, and he's increased the unemployment rate several times while his cohorts have done all they could to hide the real unemployment rate. I'd say that he took a bad situation and managed to make it a Lot Worse!

Seems to me that it dates to the time of that other Democratic POTUS by the name of Johnson, doesn't it? Great society and all?

Further back to Democrat FDR. I'd argue that Democrat Woodrow Wilson sewed some of the earliest seeds of leftist lunacy.

and didn't welfare reform happen under yet another Democratic POTUS, one named Bill?

Bill Clinton's character was definitely questionable. However, you have to credit him as a superb politician. He knew when he needed to change positions, and he seldom hesitated to do so. After pushing gay-agenda issues and Hillarycare, and then losing the mid-term Congressional elections because of those positions, he admitted to us that the age of the welfare state was over. He then proceeded to work with Speaker Gingrich to pass welfare reform. By adopting that conservative Republican position and working across the aisle, the US began a multi-year period of prosperity, as well as gaining a budget surplus!

Oh, and that first Democratic POTUS I named? I'm sorry to say I voted for him. Should have gone for Goldwater, but I was afraid he would get us into a war. What irony, huh?

Definitely ironical! Goes to show us that the public can be easily misled about the character and intentions of politicians. The public perceived Johnson as a "safe" bet, and Goldwater as a warmonger. Goldwater was really more of a Libertarian at heart. I suspect he'd have worked to get the US out of Vietnam sooner..... to save money and American lives.

I guess that makes me a seasoned citizen as well.

Well then, we have something in common. ;)

You have a LONG HISTORY of being WRONG. Why do you continue to believe the lies from the leftist media nearly 50 years after they lied to you about Goldwater and the Butcher of Vietnam?

You have a LONG HISTORY of being WRONG. Why do you continue to believe the lies from the leftist media nearly 50 years after they lied to you about Goldwater and the Butcher of Vietnam?

How QUICK democrats forget the chant:

"Hey Hey LBJ! How many kids did you kill today?!" --For the democrat party.

Oh, just not the leftists. I voted for Reagan in '80, thinking he would actually cut back the size, expense, and power of the federal government.

As JRPD said above, the public can be easily misled about the character and intentions of politicians.

Werbung:
Oh, just not the leftists. I voted for Reagan in '80, thinking he would actually cut back the size, expense, and power of the federal government.

As JRPD said above, the public can be easily misled about the character and intentions of politicians.

Of all the presidents in your lifetime, no president did a better job of controlling the size and power of government than Reagan. Yet you continually condemn him while commending Big Ears. I wonder why? If you think Carter or Mondale would have cut back the size, expense and power of the federal government more so than Reagan, you are really off your rocker.

I suppose you would vote for BO over Reagan if they were running against each other....hypothetically speaking. Right?

Back