Oil Spill

Big government = Big FAIL...always, yet liberals want more! They must have a mental disorder. Of course libs do not know of the massive failure by the Feds to manage this disaster, since their media outlets are telling them BO is doing great.

EDITORIAL: Obama bureaucracy soils the Gulf
Feds hinder Pelican State cleanup efforts

The Obama administration's red tape continues to tie the hands of individuals seeking to mitigate the effects of the disastrous oil leak in the Gulf of Mexico. It's a sign of how out-of-touch the O Force's priorities have become.

Last week, the Department of the Interior and the U.S. Army Corps of Engineers teamed up to thwart efforts to build sand berms to protect the fragile Louisiana coastline. The excuse given for federal intervention was that the state was about to dredge sand too close to the Chandeleur Islands and that a bird habitat might also be affected. State officials reacted with outrage, suggesting the federal claims were bogus.
http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2010/jun/25/obama-bureaucracy-soils-the-gulf/

Werbung:
I went one telonu.com to do some research on a company I am applying to for a job. TelOnU.com is site where people can post their experiences with a company or business.

Anyways, I looked up BP just for the hell of it:

http://www.telonu.com/reviews/bp-0?type=Tells

WOW you should see what people are coming forward with on BP. I agree, BP really screwed up and should pay for the clean-up and the damage.

I think Obama is doing and OK job of dealing with the ‘BP Gulf Oil Spill of 2010’, I think the Government moved as quickly as any large Government can. BP misled everyone on the severity of the oil flow.

The fact is, that within days of when the tragedy was started (which was at the time just described as an ‘oil rig fire’ – not as an ‘oil spill’ the size of California in the Gulf of Mexico) the government was involved and pushed for emergency services to start.

Even though is started as a minor oil fire/rig explosion, the government did take it seriously and brought the coast guard in immediately.

Has the clean-up effort been going well, certainly there have been a lot of mistakes and finger pointing, but also remember that now the scale of the disaster is coming to light (something BP has been working hard to conceal) – emergency services, clean-up crews, state and local governments are learning as they go how to deal with a mess this big.

The BP Gulf Oil Spill of 2010 will go down as the largest man-made environmental disaster or the last century – something of a size and scale never dealt with by any government. Both the USA is going to take a hit, but so will the British Governement who will have to prop up BP and the cost of the clean-up and the damages.

ramirez-cap.jpg

WaPo Buries, NYT Print Edition Ignores Govt. Investigation Finding Obama White House Edited BP Oil Spill Report
By: Ken Shepherd | November 11, 2010 | 19:18

During the Bush administration, the media made much of political appointees supposedly editing and otherwise interfering with the integrity of the work of career federal government scientists, particularly on studies pertaining to global warming/climate change.

Well now the Associated Press is reporting that an inspector general's report from the Interior Department released yesterday found that the Obama White House "edited a drilling safety report in a way that made it falsely appear that scientists and experts backed the administration's six-month moratorium on new deep-water drilling." (emphasis mine)

Additionally, "Obama's energy adviser, Carol Browner, mischaracterized on national TV a government analysis about where the oil went, saying it showed most of the oil was 'gone.'"

In fact, "[t]he report said it could still be there," AP's Dina Cappiello noted.

Cappiello's story was buried on page A27 of today's Washington Post, but at least the paper covered the story. A Nexis search for "BP" mentions in the November 11 paper turned two hits from the New York Times, but neither story was about the inspector general's report.

Read more: http://www.newsbusters.org/#ixzz151UCy3yb

And silly libs think their news outlets are unbiased. Silly libs....

Werbung:
Capitalism is fine as long as it isn't malignant. Our founding fathers had capitalistic outlooks coupled with morality for their fellow men.

The above is nonsense. Demanding morality accompany capitalism, which merely operates according to economic laws, is akin to saying Newton's laws of motion are OK as long as you add morality to them.

Over a hundred years ago Adam Smith said:

It is not from the benevolence of the butcher, the brewer or the baker, that we expect our dinner, but from their regard to their own self interest.

In a competitive free market, where one baker charges too much or does poor work, consumers will go to another baker. Hence, the "morality" is built into the system, and doesn't depend on everyone being an altruist, because few people are.

Back