OJ's book

Being completely ignorant of this, I thought I'd just drop a few reminder questions:

What does being in such a public eye do to a person? In this light, we cannot assume complete rational autonomy to what is evidently a series of reactionary moves. This has no real bearing on whether he is innocent or not, though.

Werbung:
Don't forget the man also started selling knives after the trial. I do not know what ever happened with it but, that is just sick.

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I had completely forgotten about that knife selling gig!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yes, it was easily in the worst taste possible.

As far as I am concerned, everything about the investigation crime and man are more than a little odd. the investigation was botched, trial severely flawed and man just plain sick.
there is no such thing as OJ acting in good taste.

I try to ignore anything having to do with OJ. I didn't like him before the murders, and I don't care a hoot about him now. Unfortunately, there are enough people that are interested enough that the book probably would have been a best seller :(

What I can't understand is why he went this route - it would still have been controversial, but I am sure he could have sold the idea of doing an updated biography that included the era of the murders, but did not focus on them. He still would have gotten some bad publicity I am sure, but nowhere near the ill will he has stirred up with this nifty little project.

I believe he did because it is a way to brag about it without confessing. I also think he may be a narcisist who will do whatever he can for attention. My third theroy is that it is a way for him to keep hurting Nichole. Sometimes people full of that much rage who no longer has their punching bag will find other ways to get to them. This is the only way he can.

I had also heard about an advance that he had gotten and used it to pay his house off and put the rest in his children's names. I am sorry but if this is true how do you get your kids to go a long with this whole thing from the money, book to the interview. I understand this is their father but Nicole was also their mother. I just don't get how they could find any redeeming reason for their father to write this book to begin with. From what I have seen they did not have a problems with this book or interview.

I had also heard about an advance that he had gotten and used it to pay his house off and put the rest in his children's names. I am sorry but if this is true how do you get your kids to go a long with this whole thing from the money, book to the interview. I understand this is their father but Nicole was also their mother. I just don't get how they could find any redeeming reason for their father to write this book to begin with. From what I have seen they did not have a problems with this book or interview.
If you were raised in an abusive home and your father killed your mother, I can see how you would go along with what Daddy wants, you would be groomed for it. It could be fear, it could be denial, it could be a way for them hear their father's confession or it could even be that since he is the only parent left, they are going to cling to him and seek his approval no matter what.

I guess when you look at it that way I could kind of understand why they would approve or just go along with it. I just feel for them to have him as a Dad.

I agree, tater03. Even if one took the side that he did not comit the murders, what he continues to put them through, and the abuse they witnessed as children is appalling.

I have to agree. I would like to think if I were in his shoes and I was innocent that I would be doing everything in my power to distance my children from having to deal with anything connected with the situation. I certainly would not have tried to drum up publicity the way he did.

Werbung:
So, now he is getting sued again. The Goldman's have directed so much energy into this. On one hand, I admire them for not letting him get away with not paying them. On the other, I am starting to wonder how emotionally healthy this is for them.

Back