OWS guy makes an interesting observation

dogtowner

Staff member
read

“It’s weird protesting on Bay Street. You get there at 9 a.m. and the rich bankers who you want to hurl insults at and change their worldview have been at work for two hours already. And then when it’s time to go, they’re still there. I guess that’s why they call them the one per cent. I mean, who wants to work those kinds of hours? That’s the power of greed.” Jeremy 38

funny how that works

Either that, or it’s a work ethic that the “one percent” deploy so that they can, you know, be part of the one percent. Maybe they’re just men and women who work a job like everyone else and not the part of some plutocratic conspiracy to oppress the masses.

By the way, note the age. This isn’t some clueless college freshman. This guy is a grownup, apparently caught in a state of perpetual adolescence.

One narrative that has emerged from the “Occupy Wall Street” protests is one, promoted by the protesters themselves, which has the movement being the target of those who want to silence them. Frankly, I think it would be a mistake to want to silence the “occupiers.”

Nothing undermines their own positions and philosophies so thoroughly as what they actually do and say.

"You're only young once but you can be immature forever" Germaine Greer

Werbung:
Back