Part of story my GRAND FATHER TOLD ME:

ASPCA4EVER

Land of the JAYHAWKS-ROCK CHOCK Jayhawk, KU
About truth and your inner voice:

"'Don't be frightened, young-woman, I am neither a Wren nor a ring. I am OLD-man and that Sparrow-hawk has chased me all the day and for nothing. I have never done him harm, and he bothers me without reason.'
"'Liar - forked-tongue,' cried the Sparrow- hawk. 'Believe him not, young-woman. He has done wrong. He is wicked and I am not a Sparrow-hawk, but conscience. Like an arrow I travel, straight and fast. When he lies or steals from his friends I follow him. I talk all the time and he hears me, but lies to himself, and says he does not hear. You know who I am, young-woman, I am what talks inside a person.'
"OLD-man heard what the Sparrow-hawk said, and he was ashamed for once in his life. He crawled out of the lodge. Into the shadows he ran away - away into the night, and the darkness - away from himself!
"You see," said War Eagle, as he reached for his pipe," OLD-man knew that he had done wrong, and his heart troubled him, just as yours will bother you if you do not listen to the voice that speaks within yourselves. Whenever that voice says a thing is wicked, it is wicked - no matter who says it is not. Yes, it is very hard for a man to hide from himself. Ho!"

Oh, how I love those old Indian life lessons...yes indeed, they carry a load of value if only one opens the mind to hear the lessons :)

Werbung:
Back