PETA video shows Ringling Bros. circus handlers beating elephants

Nobody's suffering, at least not anymore. PETA refers to themselves as a "shelter of last resort" Here's an example of a couple animals PETA has euthanized, I guess the meat industry front group counts these as 2 PETA should have kept alive...
Actually, that's a spotlight fallacy: when a person uncritically assumes that all members or cases of a certain class or type are like those that receive the most attention or coverage in the media.

There is a good reason PETA gives you pictures like that... Because if you saw pictures of healthy puppies put to death, you'd be revulsed.

Noboby is denying that some of them are mercy killings but to pretend that the majority of pets they destroy are like the ones pictured is completely dishonest. For example, PETA themselves admit that they kill boxer terriers at any age, and no matter what their health, because they think its an "aggressive breed" not worthy of life.

I've made it clear I don't agree with everything PETA does, but some of these smear tactics, funded by groups such as the meat industry, that have an obvious vested interest in making, not just PETA, but all animal rights organizations look bad are outrageous.
I don't disagree with everything PETA does, but some of these smear tactics funded by groups such as PETA, that have an obvious vested interest in making, not just the meat industry, but the circus look bad are outrageous.

Werbung:
GenSeneca Said: I don't disagree with everything PETA does, but some of these smear tactics funded by groups such as PETA, that have an obvious vested interest in making, not just the meat industry, but the circus look bad are outrageous.

DON'T LOOK ETHAL...the reality might frighten you out of your senses.:eek:

SMEAR TACTICS INDEED...:rolleyes:

Why certainly...someone must of paid that lessor thinking human to take those sticks & pointed prods and smack those huge animals around just for the 'show & telling of it all' ;)

Why the nerve of that stupid camera man to force those lessor thinking humans into doing something so heinous...WTH was he thinking :confused:

DON'T LOOK ETHAL...the reality might frighten you out of your senses.:eek:

SMEAR TACTICS INDEED...

If PETA had their way, every circus and zoo would be closed and everyone would have to become vegans because no more meat or animal products of any kind would be allowed.

PETA got their film of elephants being abused and now they want to use it to close down the circus by claiming such behavior is the rule, rather than the exception. Their purpose is not to eliminate animal abuse in the shows, its to eliminate the show.

If PETA had their way, every circus and zoo would be closed and everyone would have to become vegans because no more meat or animal products of any kind would be allowed.

PETA got their film of elephants being abused and now they want to use it to close down the circus by claiming such behavior is the rule, rather than the exception. Their purpose is not to eliminate animal abuse in the shows, its to eliminate the show.

So your entire premise about this video; that since they have the film PETA is just using it to eliminate all animal acts??? Because making animals behave outside of their 'normal behavior patterns' is good for them??? REALLY?

Yes, really... Its PETA, they want all animals removed from "unnatural" environments and placed back in their "natural habitats".

From the PETA website: Ringling beats animals, PETA explains their goal in putting out this film:

PETA has filed a formal complaint with the USDA, but officials also need to hear from you. Write to Secretary of Agriculture Thomas J. Vilsack and demand that the agency seize the elephants whom Ringling hauls around the country in filthy boxcars and forces to perform under the constant threat of punishment. If officials act now, Tonka and her peers might be spared future beatings. These elephants should be sent to a sanctuary, where they would be able to roam across hundreds of acres of natural habitat, play in ponds, and socialize with their longtime friends—all of which elephants are deprived of in circuses.

Yes, really... Its PETA, they want all animals removed from "unnatural" environments and placed back in their "natural habitats".

From the PETA website: Ringling beats animals, PETA explains their goal in putting out this film:

Yes, I read the article and as a prior card carrying member of PETA...I'm pretty well versed in the what & whys of the basics {well what they used to stand up for and against}.

But you don't seem to have any qualms about the specific phrase that you just used in your statement up above {specifically the ones that I put in red font}...you don't see the 'hypocrisy' in that statement?

ASPCA, this is from the St. Louis Zoo:

PETA is an animal rights organization, not an animal welfare organization. There's a big difference.

The philosophy of animal rights says, in essence, that animals have the same rights as humans: For example, we don't keep other humans as slaves, so we shouldn't keep dogs as pets, and zoos should not confine exotic animals that are threatened with extinction. All medical testing on animals should be banned. Because we don't kill and eat human beings or use human byproducts for food, we should ban the consumption of all meat and other animal products, including milk and eggs. We don't use human hides for clothing, so we should not use leather for shoes, fur for coats or even the silk from silk worms for blouses.

By the way, unless you are a vegan, don't own a pet, wear only plastic shoes and are willing to forego insulin if you ever become diabetic, you either do not embrace the real animal rights philosophy or you are a hypocrite.

But you don't seem to have any qualms about the specific phrase that you just used in your statement up above {specifically the ones that I put in red font}...you don't see the 'hypocrisy' in that statement?

No I don't. Perhaps you could explain it to me. Are you a supporter of Animal Rights? i.e. Animals should have the same rights as humans? That's what PETA advocates.

And what's wrong with that? Seems that it's a noble goal, though admittedly somewhat impractical, because considering all the money that's made from the abuse of animals, the offenders will fight with everything they have in opposition.

Elephants are extremely intelligent and sensitive animals, in a perfect world they should live in their natural habitat, or at least in a situation where such a habitat is recreated...A circus, where they are kept prisoner and beaten on a regular basis, is nothing short of barbaric.

I find it hard to understand why anybody, whatever their political persuasion, would condone and defend such behavior.

ASPCA, this is from the St. Louis Zoo:

Yep, this is why I can not stand PETA and probably never will

but perhaps they are like the government, a necessary evil that should be in existence but limited.

It’s a good thing if they catch a person/group hurting an animal and expose it

but that is just about all they are good for. Well that and giving business to KFC's

A PETA group came to Eugene to protest a KFC, and because being naked in Oregon is legal a bunch of PETA women announced they would get naked in front of the KFC to protest eating chicken or they way they kill them or who knows but they were protesting. A lot of guys thought, wow pretty PETA women naked at the KFC... so they went and ate at the KFC that day so they could get a peek.. I am told it was bad enough to make you not want to eat after all. But the KFC had tons of business that day.

No I don't. Perhaps you could explain it to me. Are you a supporter of Animal Rights? i.e. Animals should have the same rights as humans? That's what PETA advocates.

Yep, this is why I can not stand PETA and probably never will

but perhaps they are like the government, a necessary evil that should be in existence but limited.

It’s a good thing if they catch a person/group hurting an animal and expose it

but that is just about all they are good for. Well that and giving business to KFC's

I notice the way you two have made an effort to turn this thread into a referendum on PETA, not on the animal abuse exhibited by Ringling Bros.

Does this mean you defend the abuse, or, short of that, accept it as a necessary evil so the elephants can exist for the amusement of humans?
A PETA group came to Eugene to protest a KFC, and because being naked in Oregon is legal a bunch of PETA women announced they would get naked in front of the KFC to protest eating chicken or they way they kill them or who knows but they were protesting. A lot of guys thought, wow pretty PETA women naked at the KFC... so they went and ate at the KFC that day so they could get a peek.. I am told it was bad enough to make you not want to eat after all. But the KFC had tons of business that day.

I notice the way you two have made an effort to turn this thread into a referendum on PETA, not on the animal abuse exhibited by Ringling Bros.

Does this mean you defend the abuse, or, short of that, accept it as a necessary evil so the elephants can exist for the amusement of humans?

I find it hard to understand why anybody, whatever their political persuasion, would condone and defend such behavior.
I'm not condoning or defending the abuse of animals.

Do you support giving Animals rights equal to those of humans?

That's PETA's goal in everything they do and there's no shortage of useful idiots to help them achieve their goal.

Originally Posted by GenSeneca

Well, let me ask you this...{just for some perspective on this natural & unnatural idea} when exactly did you think or have you given it any thought...that we should be teaching/training/forcing animals to perform / entertain us humans?

And as I stated: Yes, I read the article and as a prior card carrying member of PETA...I'm pretty well versed in the what & whys of the basics {well what they used to stand up for and against}.

But I'll gladly discuss those 'new ideologies that PETA' seems to have picked up in the last 12 years, not what they were about originally not on the original charter!

And what's wrong with that? Seems that it's a noble goal, though admittedly somewhat impractical, because considering all the money that's made from the abuse of animals, the offenders will fight with everything they have in opposition.

Elephants are extremely intelligent and sensitive animals, in a perfect world they should live in their natural habitat, or at least in a situation where such a habitat is recreated...A circus, where they are kept prisoner and beaten on a regular basis, is nothing short of barbaric.

I have attended one, just one circus in my lifetime and I was so shocked and horrified by the 'behind the scenes, events and animal abuse' that was going on...I've never attended another circus in my life time {well that and a heavy dose of 'clown phobia' and nightmares from the clowns} LOL

But seriously...these animals are not given days to rest they are in constant travel mode, restricted to inadequate areas, forced to compile to unnatural forms of movement and behavior and basically treated in humanely :mad: Not a pleasant form of entertainment...paying to watch some caged/trapped/chained/whipped/disrespected animal behave beyond what they are supposed to do 'naturally' is a sick twisted way to get ones visual pleasure...IMO

Werbung:
Well, let me ask you this...{just for some perspective on this natural & unnatural idea} when exactly did you think or have you given it any thought...that we should be teaching/training/forcing animals to perform / entertain us humans? -- ASPCA

I have no problem with humans teaching animals how to perform tasks, whether its in service to other humans or simply for entertainment. We train dogs to do all sorts of tasks, drug, bomb and cadaver sniffing, caring for the blind and elderly, search and rescue, dogsled teams, hunting/retrieval and even dog shows. PETA would ban all such training if they could.

These animals should not be brutalized and they don't have to be "Forced" to perform what they've been trained to do.

Water Skiing Squirrel
8916.jpg

Skateboarding Dog
Tyson%20Skate%201.jpg

Rescue Dog in training
_41366584_dog_ap416.jpg

Seal performing for a crowd
2535268955_f0f184cb91.jpg

Back