Please chop down Anne Franks tree!

Kwaku

http://www.reuters.com/article/scienceNews/idUSL2070258720071120?feedType=RSS&feedName=scienceNews

Did you get the story where the good people of Amsterdam have been coming to blows fort weeks about Anne Franks tree?

Apparently the tree that Anne Frank describes in her diary has been pretty much dead for years and, though it is a symbol, they wanted to take it down for safety reasons. Now the neighbors are kicking up a fuss because they are bored and <u>they like selling the chesnuts from the tree on bloody ebay!</u>

I don't think a <b>dead</b> tree is a very nice symbol of hope, so PLEASE put the poor thing out of its misery!

Werbung:
How can a dead tree still produce chestnuts?

If the tree is in fact dead, several things could be done, block off the area surrounding where it could potentially fall to visitors. Remove the tree and plant another of the same species. Ultimately, Ill leave this up to the folks in Amsterdam what to do with thier tree.

Anne Franks house is in the middle of the city centre. If the tree does fall down it could actually harm the house itself and there's no way to block it off: there's just no room.

I'm just sorry to see that for the past month or so the entire city of AMsterdam has been debating a dying tree.
Plant a new tree and let it go!

If it has become a landmark and is dangerous to surrounding buildings and visitors if it were to fall I would think planting a new healthy tree would be a satisfiable compromise. Although I would like to visit Amsterdam someday, I never have been, I dont think not having Anne Frank's original tree there would ruin my trip. I am one who thinks it should be left up to the current property owner, whoever that might be, and the city of Amsterdam.

Alas, they were in agreement, both the owner and the cyity, and then the neighbours (!) went to court and got an injunction.....

Oh well, nature will take it's course and luckily now high school students demanding less school have taken over the headlines in Amsterdam ;)

Werbung:

My suggestion would be to replace the tree with a new one, and erect a small historical marker with a photograph of the original tree taken during its healthy time, if one exists.

Back