Politics of division

ilikeboobs

I repeatedly hear the candidates for president saying they're all for ending politics of division, how they want to work together and be civil with each other.

And then last night during the SOTU address, I see one side of the aisle clapping while the other was sitting on their hands with scowls on their faces.

So much for civility and politeness.

All kidding aside, I know that you have no responsibility to clap for something you don't agree with, but come on. At least be polite and maybe look down and give it a half-hearted attempt on occasion. It would make all the "politics of division" bullsh*t look semi-believable.

:rolleyes:

Werbung:
Closing political division? What a load of politically correct arsenugget.

The whole point of politics existing is because there is disagreement, and people want to choose one group to rule them over another - that is why we have seperate political parties.

If we want to close political divison, get a dictator in, end of story.

The whole point of politics existing is because there is disagreement, and people want to choose one group to rule them over another - that is why we have seperate political parties.

Exactly. Which is why I wish they'd all just confess to the public that they really don't want to get along with the other side. What they really want is to push their agenda through, other side be damned.

And another thing - every candidate stumping for "change" better start stating what the "change" is. I'm tired of the nebulous rhetoric...give some specifics. Although I'll give them credit - why give specifics when most of the voting public is either too stupid or ambivalent to care? You'd just be wasting your time.

what where they suppose to clap for? it was 55 min of Bush talking about things he screwed up , did not do, or was only doing after the republicans did it for the last 7 years and he never cared....Terror plots that where dismissed only a day or so after as being nothing...Katrina? really? its been years and you still have not fixed anything there...Bangladesh I bet did more after its earthquake then the US has done for the gulf coast. He said he would pull troops out...whooot.....of course it was 20,000....when he added 30,000 this year...so his pull out plan is 10,000 more then Jan 1 2007 still ...why does he not also try to sell the public the brooklyn Bridge while he is at it? End Earmarks....funny the Republicans added more Earmarks then anyone in there time in the power here....and Bush never vetoed a thing...not one spending bill....never even made it seem possible he may....

Here is my question..why where they not united in sitting and not clapping at all for him? Republicans where just being party whores , they clapped even when he basically attacked them...at least the Dems where honest in that there was nothing to clap for.

Boobs also I should add, that I do want to see both sides work together and get things done....That's why I am looking at Michael Bloomberg who I am 99% is going to run after our vote in the Independence party of MN to Join the NY Independence party and other groups to form the Independence party of America ...aka the Device for a Independent to run for President..

As much as I would love to just Destroy the worthless Right wing of the Republican party ( I'm looking at you Christan Conservatives) the problems of the US are just to great to play with. I hate Clinton but I would get a little joy out of just the fact the Right hates her sooooo much.....but her lack of being able to get things done across the isle is a major point against her...even if it the Rights fault for demonizing her as much as they have in there Anti CLinton witch hunts in the 90's. I did not like Bill at all, but still had to deffend him all the time becuse the attacks by the right where so off base and poinless

I repeatedly hear the candidates for president saying they're all for ending politics of division, how they want to work together and be civil with each other.

And then last night during the SOTU address, I see one side of the aisle clapping while the other was sitting on their hands with scowls on their faces.
That was your first SOTU, huh?

That's what we're trying to recover-from..........presently. :rolleyes:

Boobs also I should add, that I do want to see both sides work together and get things done....That's why I am looking at Michael Bloomberg who I am 99% is going to run after our vote in the Independence party of MN to Join the NY Independence party and other groups to form the Independence party of America ...aka the Device for a Independent to run for President..

As much as I would love to just Destroy the worthless Right wing of the Republican party ( I'm looking at you Christan Conservatives) the problems of the US are just to great to play with.
.....The #1 reason why we need EXPERIENCE, back in The Oval Office!!

All kidding aside, I know that you have no responsibility to clap for something you don't agree with, but come on. At least be polite and maybe look down and give it a half-hearted attempt on occasion. It would make all the "politics of division" bullsh*t look semi-believable.

:rolleyes:

I am all for division. Division is one of the checks and balances that has been built into our government to reign in the excesses they would perpetrate on us otherwise. They are already corrupt, imagine what it would be like if they all worked together.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."
-- Mark Twain, 1894

On the other hand I am all for our representatives acting honorably as statesmen should.

I am all for division. Division is one of the checks and balances that has been built into our government to reign in the excesses they would perpetrate on us otherwise. They are already corrupt, imagine what it would be like if they all worked together.

"It could probably be shown by facts and figures that there is no distinctly native American criminal class except Congress."
-- Mark Twain, 1894

On the other hand I am all for our representatives acting honorably as statesmen should.

I am for division as well, but there is Division of not agreeing ...and Division just to spite the other side. They don't always have to agree, but I like those who can work with both sides and find a agreement. Sometimes the other side just it to far off to work with though.

Werbung:

Politics of division

"House Majority Whip Tom Emmer (R-Minn.) said GOP leadership should reconsider how they invite presidents to give the State of the Union address, citing President Biden's "divisive" speech.

The Minnesota Republican said he's bullish on former President Trump's odds of defeating Biden in November, but felt Biden's speech should have had
a more unifying tone."

Back