President of the United States announces that cops "acted stupidly" in brand-new case

Little-Acorn

Let me get this straight.

There's an incident where cops got a 911 call about a guy apparently breaking into a home. They go there, find the guy inside the house, and they say he is abusive and nonresponsive to them, yelling about race and saying "you don't know who you're messing with".

The guy says he lives there (turns out true), and says he was never abusive or nonresponsive. He says the police were racially motivated.

And then the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, who admits he doesn't know the details of the case (it's likely he hasn't talked to either party), goes on national TV and announces that the guy was right, and the cops were not only wrong but "stupid"?

I can't recall when I've ever heard a Presidential announcement like that, on so little evidence. Even Richard Nixon never made one quite that, ummm, "out-front", though he came the closest in my memory.

And this President wants to run our banks, car companies, and health care... for starters? How long would it take for him to decide *I* was "not only wrong but stupid" if I have a dispute with a car repairman or doctor?

I don't have the visibility this other guy does, of course... but that's exactly the point. Obama wouldn't know my details any more than he knows this guy's details. Where does he get off stating AS PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES that the subject of an incident is right and the cops "acted stupidly"?

Maybe the cops did act stupidly, I don't know (and neither does the President). Or maybe the professor acted stupidly. At this early stage, it depends on who you believe.

And people with any wisdom, are refraining from official announcements until all the facts come out. Apparently, that doesn't include our President.

The President's job is to make sure US laws are followed. Tell me again how he has accomplished that here???

http://www.myfoxboston.com/dpp/news/local/obama_cambridge_police_acted_stupidly_072209

-------------------------------------------

(snip)

Obama called Gates a friend, and said he doesn't know all the facts of the case. Nonetheless, Obama said, anyone would have been angry if treated the way Gates claims police in Cambridge, Mass., treated him. Gates claims he was arrested in his own home after showing ID to police who responded to a report of a possible burglary.

Police say Gates yelled at the officers and initially refused to show his ID. Gates allegedly yelled “this is what happens to a black man in America” and “you don’t know who you’re messing with” before he was arrested, and police said he was uncooperative. ( read the arrest report )

"Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody when there was already proof he was in own home," Obama said during a prime-time news conference....

Werbung:
Re: President of the United States announces that cops "acted stupidly" in brand-new

Now Obama spokesman Robert Gibbs says that Obama didn't say what he said.

"Let me be clear, he was not calling the officer stupid," Gibbs told reporters.....

What Obama actually said was: "Cambridge police acted stupidly in arresting somebody....".

Ummm... Yes, he DID call the police officer stupid. Only one officer arrested the man. Or was Obama referring to the meter reader outside?

And people wonder why fewer and fewer people believe what Obama (or his minions) say?

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php?id=D99K9Q001&show_article=1

Re: President of the United States announces that cops "acted stupidly" in brand-new

The President's communication staff has been getting pretty sloppy of late. It's their job to make sure he is ready for those types of questions and to have appropriate responses. His off-the-cuff and emotional responses to tough questions lately demonstrates to me that his staff isn't doing their job

The President's communication staff has been getting pretty sloppy of late. It's their job to make sure he is ready for those types of questions and to have appropriate responses. His off-the-cuff and emotional responses to tough questions lately demonstrates to me that his staff isn't doing their job

His tendency to assume the cops were guilty of being "stupid" when he doesn't even know what happened, is his staff's fault???

Werbung:

His tendency to assume the cops were guilty of being "stupid" when he doesn't even know what happened, is his staff's fault???

His lack of control in this situation, no matter what his personal thoughts, is what I'm referencing. At his level, it is up to his staff to anticipate questions and issues that might emote an ineffective response on his part and give him a politically correct response. All I'm saying is that this is becoming a bit of a theme lately and I'm curious if he might have lost a key speech writer or communications person.

Back