Want to see how racist that Cambridge cop was, who arrested the professor?

I thought he broke the disorderly conduct law?

Obviously not... that's why they dropped the charges just a few hours later.

Either way I am glad you agree he was being an ass.

Its all over now isnt it? obama is having a beer with everyone or something.

Yeh I mean we've all been (or at least I've been) in situations where the Cops were giving you a hard time on something that wasn't your fault and when it's you it really pisses you off.

I had a situation similar to this with my ex-wife years & years ago. We were completely split up and living apart our divorce was final. She shows up on Christmas eve drunk. I let her in and she goes after my new girlfriend, knocks over the Christmas tree and while I'm holding her back the girlfriend calls the Cops.

Cops come and start feeling sorry for the ex and starts giving me BS about holding her down till they got there. I'm like F you! She comes to my home on Christmas eve, drunk, tries to attack my friend, tears down the Christmas tree in front of my daughter and you just wanted me to just let her keep doing it till you get here? You must be insane. And I got their badge numbers and they were pissed. They didn't take me to jail though. And I did go in the next day, made a formal complaint and a very negative incident report was put into their files. Which made them even more mad but I didn't care.

These things just happen sometimes when emotions are running high.

And yes it's now Miller Time!;)

Werbung:
How convenient. Of course most of your posts indicate that you would support any racist ass as long as he isn't a religious republican! Lol.

Send a message to your other racist idol and tell him to start paying attention to the security of the country, and not to other petty racists like Gates.

That's simply not true.

My whole contention was that while you pubbies are trying to turn this into something negative on our President I'm just simply making the point the guy broke no law once you understand exactly what happened.

Like I said it was broken down step by step with the official Police Report on our local news by an ex-police Chief who's now a Police Academy instructor.

Bottom line: Gates was pissed and probably thought (wrongly) that this had something to do with race. But he did comply with their commands and showed ID.

The Cops did the right thing showing up and making sure Gates was who he said he was. But after they knew that and were leaving they had no legal basis to arrest the man for disorderly, sober and in his own home, for saying things like... I want all your names & badge numbers.

As far as your last childish statement. The President didn't bring this up he was asked about it in a press conference. And 9-11 the biggest terrorist act ever on American soil happened with Bush asleep at the wheel... so I'm very comfortable President Obama can keep us safer than that.

Gates is the racist here, and should be made to calm down before he incites a race-riot in this country. He's not thinking of the welfare of America. He should be instructed to be quiet.

Race riot??????? You just haven't been listening. It's been over. And one citizen having a misunderstanding with the police is hardly going to hurt the "welfare" of America... come on be serious.:)

My whole contention was that while you pubbies are trying to turn this into something negative on our President I'm just simply making the point the guy broke no law once you understand exactly what happened.

First of all, I'm not a pubbie. I'm just not your typical hypocrite liberal who sees himself as sweetness and light and tolerant of all, when every remark by liberals on this board are condemning and damning those who don't think like they do. Do you have any concept of how foolish dems/liberals sound spewing crap about "tolerance"?

Second of all, it had nothing to do with YOUR president. He's a silly little boy who was handed a big gun to play with because he was a nobody who will listen to the powers that be and do anything so he gets to play president. He doesn't do or know anything that his advisers and those who came before him didn't tell him. Unless you want to entertain the prospect that he's a prodigy who after 28 whole days served in Congress, is the answer to all your problems, which apparently you do. He isn't. Nothing, NADA, that he has done or said indicates that promise. Hell, he hasn't done anything PERIOD about anything. He is however, a racist.

Third, maybe if Gates had provided his DRIVER'S LICENSE when first asked for an I.D., and NOT his Harvard identification card, there would have been no further question of whether or not he lived there.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates2.html

Do you maybe have a better understanding of what happened?

Werbung:
First of all, I'm not a pubbie. I'm just not your typical hypocrite liberal who sees himself as sweetness and light and tolerant of all, when every remark by liberals on this board are condemning and damning those who don't think like they do. Do you have any concept of how foolish dems/liberals sound spewing crap about "tolerance"?

I'm saying in general this is a pubbie attack. Please advise us then what IS your affiliation?

And there's nothing "hypocritical" about saying that technically they had no right to arrest the man for exercising his 1st Amendment right on his own property once the Police Officer knew he was not in any violation of law for which he was dispatched. Remember it was the Officer that said let's talk outside. The fact he didn't like the talk gave him no grounds to arrest whatsoever.

I've said it once and I'll say it again. I think Gates over reacted and was purposely being a bit of ass because he was irritated KNOWING he had done absolutely nothing wrong.

The officer did everything absolutely correctly up until he knew Gates was legal and the just didn't walk away and leave. Gates was not threatening violence and was legally on his own property.

If you read my post on this to Pandora you know I've lived this almost exact scenario. I forgot to mention when that incident happened to me I was in my late 20's in my "biker" stage.

The Cops absolutely at times come in and make judgments based not just on law but how they perceive the people involved. I had done nothing, ZERO, just watching TV with a girlfriend on Christmas eve and for no reason was attacked, girlfriend was attacked, Christmas tree torn down and had someone attempting to destroy my Condo, and it was us who called the police.

But still when the Cops got there what they saw was this long haired, bearded biker guy and this little cute (be it hog drunk) crying 120 pound 25 year old girl and they immediately handcuffed me and read me the riot act until they finally, FINALLY realized they had no right whatsoever to arrest me and should actually be taking my ex to jail. They wouldn't listen to me nor my girlfriend. In fact had I not had full custody of my daughter who was like 4 years old at the time and when they finally talked to her she said... Mommy was mad an tore down the Christmas tree I probably would have went to jail.

So we can all play this game about these things don't sometimes happen or we can deal in realities. And like I've also said for the last probably 15 year most of my Harley buddies now ARE COPS! So I see things from both sides.

Second of all, it had nothing to do with YOUR president. He's a silly little boy who was handed a big gun to play with because he was a nobody who will listen to the powers that be and do anything so he gets to play president. He doesn't do or know anything that his advisers and those who came before him didn't tell him. Unless you want to entertain the prospect that he's a prodigy who after 28 whole days served in Congress, is the answer to all your problems, which apparently you do. He isn't. Nothing, NADA, that he has done or said indicates that promise. Hell, he hasn't done anything PERIOD about anything. He is however, a racist.

Then I guess he is a prodigy because he's a wonderful and your rampant attacks & smears to try tear him down are without merit and less than honorable.

Third, maybe if Gates had provided his DRIVER'S LICENSE when first asked for an I.D., and NOT his Harvard identification card, there would have been no further question of whether or not he lived there.
http://www.thesmokinggun.com/archive/years/2009/0723092gates2.html

Do you maybe have a better understanding of what happened?

I've already had the police report gone over section by section on our local news by a former Police Chief and Police academy instructor. I've already said Gates was highly irritated and being obstinate (could be called being an ass). I've said from my very first post on this subject... THIS WAS NOT RACIAL PROFILING... look it up.

The Police Officer might have had chances BEFORE he was given the information he needed to arrest Gates for something... disorderly, non compliance with a command, something. But he didn't. He let all that go by, established the guy was not in violation of the call and then when LEAVING didn't like that Gates kept talking and arrested him for that because he was pissed off. Not because he was a public menace or capable of hurting himself or others. Because he (the Officer) was irritated.

Not a crime and that's why the charges were dropped almost immediately.

Back