Priorities for the GOP after the obamanistas are given the bum's rush in 2012

The thread was supposed to generate debate about the proposed policies.

You've posted essentially the same post three times - we get your (irrelevent) opinion - thank you very much now - break out of the loop - don't need a fourth time. :rolleyes:

Werbung:
The thread was supposed to generate debate about the proposed policies.

You've posted essentially the same post three times - we get your (irrelevent) opinion - thank you very much now - break out of the loop - don't need a fourth time. :rolleyes:

OK, so let's ignore past performance, and focus on what we hope the Republicans will do when they get back into power. I can appreciate a good fantasy, after all.

Here is what was suggested above:

Ending medicare and medicaid fraud, which is gigantic.
- Ending state barriers against interstate competition of insurance companies.
- Expelling the illegal alien invaders who have massively looted the system.
- Ending the anchor baby scam.
- Ending employer-provided insurance, the root of much high cost.
- Ending the looting of US phamaceutical intellectual property by foreign countries.
- Ending state non-disease mandates on insurance companies for such as
pregnancy and abortion.
- Speeding up the antiquated processes for drug approval at the FDA.
- Ending lawyer predation on the system with tort law reform.

So, taking those one at a time, how do you foresee the Republicans, or anyone else ending medicare/medicaid fraud?

OK, so let's ignore past performance, and focus on what we hope the Republicans will do when they get back into power. I can appreciate a good fantasy, after all.

Here is what was suggested above:

So, taking those one at a time, how do you foresee the Republicans, or anyone else ending medicare/medicaid fraud?

Not quantum mechanics - medicare claims are routinely paid to "trusted" providers, some of which have passed away. Most of medicare fraud has it's roots in the stupidity of government bureaucrats, whose antiquated procedures, sloppiness, and indifference attract crooks like a magnet. I advocate turning claims processing over to a private firm which can provide ultra-sophisticated computer models, maybe AI, which can quickly spot irregular payments, payments not consistent with models of populations in given areas and treatment modalities, etc.

OK, so let's ignore past performance, a

That is exactly what you are doing and as usual, following the left wing script.

The Rs did nearly balance the budget in the 90s and they got BJ Bubba Clinton to dramatically change welfare.

Do you not know this? Has MSLSD not told you this?

So, again your flawed analysis of history is proof of your left wing bias and destroys your point.

Not quantum mechanics - medicare claims are routinely paid to "trusted" providers, some of which have passed away. Most of medicare fraud has it's roots in the stupidity of government bureaucrats, whose antiquated procedures, sloppiness, and indifference attract crooks like a magnet. I advocate turning claims processing over to a private firm which can provide ultra-sophisticated computer models, maybe AI, which can quickly spot irregular payments, payments not consistent with models of populations in given areas and treatment modalities, etc.

I think you may be on to something there. If the private firm were to be paid according to how much fraud they discovered and prosecuted, we could save quite a lot.

Now, on to the next challenge:

Expelling the illegal alien invaders who have massively looted the system.

That one isn't going to yield to any easy solution, IMO, as it has been going on for decades and has resulted in millions of illegal aliens, some of whom have been here a long time. I've proposed a solution before (which won't be enacted, as neither party is willing to do it, but that's immaterial to our fantasy), but would be interested in hearing how you would go about such a project.

I think you may be on to something there. If the private firm were to be paid according to how much fraud they discovered and prosecuted, we could save quite a lot.

Now, on to the next challenge:

That one isn't going to yield to any easy solution, IMO, as it has been going on for decades and has resulted in millions of illegal aliens, some of whom have been here a long time. I've proposed a solution before (which won't be enacted, as neither party is willing to do it, but that's immaterial to our fantasy), but would be interested in hearing how you would go about such a project.

For this issue, I advocate the following:

- One year jail terms for those convicted of hiring illegal aliens.

- Five year terms for repeat offenders plus $100,000 fine.

- National biometric-based ID cards required to get or keep a job, supported by a national database accessible over the internet. ID cards to be used for employment.

- The ID cards will also be required for non-emergency medical treatment, including that routinely given now in ERs to illegal aliens.

- Toss some scofflaw employers or medical providers in jail - the rest will get the message.

- No jobs -- 95% of the illegals will go back to mexico.

Further:

- A court challenge against the hundred year old erroneous USSC ruling establishing anchor babies as citizens.

- Cutoff in federal aid to such as cities and universities which facilitate illegal aliens staying in the US.

- Big fines for banks which knowingly provide financial services to illegal aliens.

For this issue, I advocate the following:

- One year jail terms for those convicted of hiring illegal aliens.

- Five year terms for repeat offenders plus $100,000 fine.

- National biometric-based ID cards required to get or keep a job, supported by a national database accessible over the internet. ID cards to be used for employment.

- The ID cards will also be required for non-emergency medical treatment, including that routinely given now in ERs to illegal aliens.

- Toss some scofflaw employers or medical providers in jail - the rest will get the message.

- No jobs -- 95% of the illegals will go back to mexico.

Further:

- A court challenge against the hundred year old erroneous USSC ruling establishing anchor babies as citizens.

- Cutoff in federal aid to such as cities and universities which facilitate illegal aliens staying in the US.

- Big fines for banks which knowingly provide financial services to illegal aliens.

OK. I'd substitute fines instead of jail time for employers of illegals, as we already have far too many prisoners at far to great a cost to the states and federal government.

Add to that a way by which people can immigrate more easily, starting by an application filed in their home country, not in the US. If they want to come here, let them first go home. No amnesty for people already here, as that was a disaster the last time it was tried.

Of course, the GOP is not going to institute such a plan, as their big donors like the cheap illegal labor, but let's not belabor that point.

Now this one:
Ending employer-provided insurance, the root of much high cost.

There are some difficulties with this one as well. First, employer provided insurance is not the sole root of the high cost. Second, without being able to buy into group insurance, many wouldn't be able to purchase insurance at all.

My solution to the problem would be to reform Medicare. First, instead of paying 80% of all costs as they do now, have them pay nothing until the patient has paid up to a certain point, then pay 100%. That way, the patient would have an incentive to control costs. Moreover, no one would need a supplement, as everyone can pay ordinary costs, yet no one would go bankrupt due to high medical bills. Next, gradually lower the age for Medicare until it covers everyone. Finance it by allowing employers to pay a portion of their health care costs to Medicare instead of paying outrageous premiums for private insurance. It would be a win win, for everyone except one: the insurance industry.

Of course, that won't happen as the insurance industry would lose revenue, and their lobbyists would see to it that such a plan didn't pass.

OK. I'd substitute fines instead of jail time for employers of illegals, as we already have far too many prisoners at far to great a cost to the states and federal government.

Get the drug users out of jail and make room.

Of course, the GOP is not going to institute such a plan, as their big donors like the cheap illegal labor, but let's not belabor that point.

It has to come from the grass roots - RINOs want cheap labor, and leftwingers want 20 million new democrat votes so that they can retain power after p_ssing off most of the country.

There are some difficulties with this one as well. First, employer provided insurance is not the sole root of the high cost. Second, without being able to buy into group insurance, many wouldn't be able to purchase insurance at all.

I didn't say it was the only cause, and there are MANY ways to get group insurance.

Get the drug users out of jail and make room.

Get drug users out of jail and shut some of them down to save money and at least make a small dent in deficit spending.

It has to come from the grass roots - RINOs want cheap labor, and leftwingers want 20 million new democrat votes so that they can retain power after p_ssing off most of the country.

The right wing wants cheap labor, too. How such a measure could come from the grass roots is difficult to see. In fact, I don't see it, and don't believe it will happen when the Republicans get back into power. Are you taking bets?

I didn't say it was the only cause, and there are MANY ways to get group insurance.

Reach age 65.
Have a job with employer provided health insurance.
Marry someone with a job that provides health insurance.

Is there a fourth way?

Get drug users out of jail and shut some of them down to save money and at least make a small dent in deficit spending.

The right wing wants cheap labor, too. How such a measure could come from the grass roots is difficult to see. In fact, I don't see it, and don't believe it will happen when the Republicans get back into power. Are you taking bets?

You got that dead flat 112% wrong - the right wing wants them out. Corporations which use labor-intensive processes like building, hotels, reataurants, and farming want them in - that is >>hardly<< the right wing.

Reach age 65.
Have a job with employer provided health insurance.
Marry someone with a job that provides health insurance.

Is there a fourth way?

Sure - civic associations, professional groups, alumni associations, trade groups - lots of entities offer group rate insurance.

Is there a fourth way?

Yes. You can buy it yourself.

There are many group health plans open to individuals. Plans are available through associations, small business organizations, AARP, etc.

Or, you could run for dog catcher and get a Cadillac plan paid for by the tax payers. And, I would bet that Cadillac plan continues to cover you even after you retire.

Isn't big government wonderful???:D

Werbung:
You got that dead flat 112% wrong - the right wing wants them out. Corporations which use labor-intensive processes like building, hotels, reataurants, and farming want them in - that is >>hardly<< the right wing.

I'll believe that when the right wing gets in power and passes some real reform. Until then, it is all hot air and hype.

Sure - civic associations, professional groups, alumni associations, trade groups - lots of entities offer group rate insurance.

If that's so, why would anyone try to buy an individual policy? Why would someone with a health condition go without insurance? I think you're dreaming.

Back