Qantas 747/Yellow alert!

UShadItComing

First they said that it wasn't an explosion because the edges of the missing piece were too straight and regular for an explosion. I never did quite believe that one.

Then lo and behold, now they're saying that it was an explosion which tore the chunk out of the side of it.

And now the US has raised a yellow alert and they're talking about leaving bags unattended and so on and how terroristsfreedom fighters always use IED's to do their work.

And so.........

What do terrorists/freedom fighters want to do mostly in countries which they are opposed to?

Well, they want to disrupt as much as they want to do physical damage of course because disrupting is probably more effective in getting attention and causing enonomic problems.

And so......

What's the best way to prevent a panic which would cause more disruption in those countries which are taking part in the US illegal/immoral war in Iraq?

Maybe keep it quiet when terrorists/freedom fighters are successful or partially successful in pulling of a hit?

Now back to what caused the explosion.

Hmmmmm........

Werbung:
First they said that it wasn't an explosion because the edges of the missing piece were too straight and regular for an explosion. I never did quite believe that one.

Then lo and behold, now they're saying that it was an explosion which tore the chunk out of the side of it.

And now the US has raised a yellow alert and they're talking about leaving bags unattended and so on and how terroristsfreedom fighters always use IED's to do their work.

And so.........

What do terrorists/freedom fighters want to do mostly in countries which they are opposed to?

Well, they want to disrupt as much as they want to do physical damage of course because disrupting is probably more effective in getting attention and causing enonomic problems.

And so......

What's the best way to prevent a panic which would cause more disruption in those countries which are taking part in the US illegal/immoral war in Iraq?

Maybe keep it quiet when terrorists/freedom fighters are successful or partially successful in pulling of a hit?

Now back to what caused the explosion.

Hmmmmm........

It is widely thought that the pilots back-up oxygen tanks are what caused the problems.

It is widely thought that the pilots back-up oxygen tanks are what caused the problems.

So we are told Rob. Just having a little problem with the immediate response to it being not an explosion. And then did a little creative thinking.

Could be nothing Rob but it never hurts to keep an open mind.

So we are told Rob. Just having a little problem with the immediate response to it being not an explosion. And then did a little creative thinking.

Could be nothing Rob but it never hurts to keep an open mind.

Oh, I am sorry, you are right. It was terrorism. How did I miss all the evidence pointing to that?

Let them do their investigation before you rush to conclusions.

Oh, I am sorry, you are right. It was terrorism. How did I miss all the evidence pointing to that?

Let them do their investigation before you rush to conclusions.

Just trying to stimulate a discussion Rob, no need to get testy with me.

20080727151703de7.jpg

A look at the metal deformation around the edge of the breach gives you some indication that there was possibly a rapid expansion of gas or vapour. The short sections of stringer (red horizontal lines) that remain attached to the folded skin at the top of the photo clearly show signs of sudden outward pressure, witnessed by the torn edges. The skin around the edges of the opening is clearly sharply torn with an outward fold around. Now I wouldn't even offer you a guess as to the cause but discount terrorism!

Oxygen bottles....who knows but they don't tend to "explode" as such................

And right now it's Terrorists 1, Western World 0, as a whole bunch of schmucks like us sit around obsessing about this.

Like Rob said, let them conduct their investigation. If it was terrorism, we'll deal with it as we can. If it wasn't terrorism, sit back, relax a little - and maybe remember that the "bogymen" aren't responsible for every airline problem in the US.

Scotsman wrote:
Now I wouldn't even offer you a guess as to the cause but discount terrorism!

That sentence appears to be saying that we should discount terrorism. Although maybe not. Maybe you could explain. Are we to discount terrorism because you tell us we should?

On the righthand side of the picture between the 3rd. and 4th. set of red lines down, there is a good indication of an explosive force taking place. Not to say that an exploding oxygen bottle was not the cause but that would be very easy to determine quickly because there would be pieces of the bottle lodged in the baggage.

I'm still a bit worried about the very quick claim that it wasn't an explosion when it's pretty obvious now that it was an explosion of some sort. I think they will produce evidence to show that this was an exploding oxygen bottle or bottles but they will want to make sure that everyone believes them this time. And especially important is that no investigator starts telling stories out of school, assuming there is a story to be told.

Scotsman wrote:

That sentence appears to be saying that we should discount terrorism. Although maybe not. Maybe you could explain. Are we to discount terrorism because you tell us we should?

you can think what the **** you like! I'm just saying that it was'nt terrorists but hey you carry on don't let me spoil your fun.......

you can think what the **** you like! I'm just saying that it was'nt terrorists but hey you carry on don't let me spoil your fun.......

No need to get testy about it wee mon, if you want me to believe it wasn't terrorists then I can pretend to do that for you. Just tell me why you can rule out terrorists and we'll all do some creative thinking as opposed to getting a bee under your kilt.

...if you want me to believe it wasn't terrorists then I can pretend to do that for you.....

yo dude.....get yer wee chompers into this if you want to start the conspiracy theories off...

THE cockpit voice recorder on the Qantas 747 at the centre of a major safety investigation does not include the dramatic moments when a three-metre hole was blasted in its fuselage.

....who d'ya reckon it was then? My monies on Osama Bin Flying

No need to get testy about it wee mon, if you want me to believe it wasn't terrorists then I can pretend to do that for you. Just tell me why you can rule out terrorists and we'll all do some creative thinking as opposed to getting a bee under your kilt.

"We recovered a valve from an oxygen cylinder," Neville Blyth, a senior investigator with the Australian Transport and Safety Bureau, told a news conference yesterday. "It is likely that that valve is from the missing cylinder."

CASA said metal fatigue, a failure of the regulator valve on the cylinder, something hitting and puncturing it, or the cylinder becoming too hot, were possible causes of such a cylinder exploding.

Passengers were last night getting back their luggage. It had remained in Manila so inspectors could ensure the blast was not caused by the contents of suitcases and bags.

Passengers have been warned that some luggage has been damaged by debris from the exploding tank.

Story Link

Werbung:
yo dude.....get yer wee chompers into this if you want to start the conspiracy theories off...

....who d'ya reckon it was then? My monies on Osama Bin Flying

Is your brain full scottie? Why would the flight recorder mention or not mention a hole in the side of the aircraft when they had no idea what the caue was at the time. Duhhhhhh. I' they a havvy due on the hilands today what's seeping into your brain scotty?

Back