Racism in West Virginia

Werbung:
"Sharon" said it best - who is this guy? What vibes does he give off? What feeling do you get about a person who:

- attended a racist church for 20 years

- won't wear an american flag pin, and questions the patriotism of those who do

- is an elitist who sneers at people who "cling to their guns and religion"

- speaks in vague cliches about "change"

- came from nowhere four years ago, and has just ridden on an endless flood of lib media hype since.

It isn't "racism" - the standard race card screech against anyone who opposes Obama - it's that their instincts tell them that Obama is at best an unknown quantity, and at worst someone who is at fundamental odds with american ideas - and their instincts are correct.

"Sharon" said it best - who is this guy? What vibes does he give off? What feeling do you get about a person who:

The same thing I feel about people who try and distort and take things out of context...

- attended a racist church for 20 years

What made the church - as a whole - "racist"? That word gets thrown around very readily these days by blacks and whites. Most of the time - it's not racism.

- won't wear an american flag pin, and questions the patriotism of those who do

Who gave effing flag pin wearers (and idiotic decal plasterers) the patent on patriotism? Does a flag pin somehow magically make you patriotic? Actions speak louder then words. John Prine said it best:

But your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore
They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war
And Jesus don't like killing no matter what the reason's for
And your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore

Blind bumper sticker patriotism is for the likes of Mussolini.

- is an elitist who sneers at people who "cling to their guns and religion"

Ya, you guys like to throw around the word "elitist" when you don't agree with something don't you?

Sneered?

He made a statement. Problem is...it was really pretty spot on in a lot of ways. People just hate the truth.

- speaks in vague cliches about "change"

True enough. But then....they're all scrambling to to show how different they are from the current regime.

- came from nowhere four years ago, and has just ridden on an endless flood of lib media hype since.

You mean like Ron Paul? Or Bush 8 years ago?

I heard no racism in any of their statements, except the old fossil near the end.

The first lady just doesn't like Obama. Fair enough; there's plenty not to like about him.

The second lady thinks the US should be run by an American and thinks he's a Muslim. Now she's wrong insofar as Obama was born here and is probably an atheist, but it still falls short of racism.

The third guy -- just isn't voting for Obama. Again, there's lots of reasons not to vote for him that have nothing to do with his race (his clear disdain for the common man, his questionable associations with terrorists/criminals/slum lords, his political extremism, etc.).

That the fellow talking in the video describes these as euphemisms intended to cover up racism is silly. The ridiculous thing is that he then goes on to say that some people said, outright, that they wouldn't vote for him because he's black -- and then no one said that outright except one 70-some-odd year old woman, as if her view is representative of anyone's world view except that of 70-year-old white people.

The simple fact is, outside of black people, college students, and upscale white leftists, Barack Obama is not terribly popular.

I seem to recall news reports saying something like 20% of voters said race was a deciding factor in their vote, of whom 80% voted for Clinton. There's something to that, but 80% of 20% amounts to 16% overall, probably roughly the same proportion of people who say 9/11 was an inside job, who think Dennis Kucinich is kinda' cute, or who eat at Arby's. 16% is not a trend, it's a fringe.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining; it's only fair that the Clintons be ruined by the crappy identity politics they spent so many years hawking.

The same thing I feel about people who try and distort and take things out of context...

"Distort"? What are you talking about? Who knows. :rolleyes:

What made the church - as a whole - "racist"? That word gets thrown around very readily these days by blacks and whites. Most of the time - it's not racism.

The church was based on Wright's black liberation theology, which is racist to it's core. Read up on my post "Obama's mentor's mentor" to get a clue.

https://www.houseofpolitics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=2864

Who gave effing flag pin wearers (and idiotic decal plasterers) the patent on patriotism? Does a flag pin somehow magically make you patriotic? Actions speak louder then words. John Prine said it best:

But your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore
They're already overcrowded from your dirty little war
And Jesus don't like killing no matter what the reason's for
And your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore

Blind bumper sticker patriotism is for the likes of Mussolini.

Yeah - all the heroic vets who wear flag pins are bumper sticker patriots - you are so full of it, it's squeezing out of your nose.

Ya, you guys like to throw around the word "elitist" when you don't agree with something don't you?

Sneered?

He made a statement. Problem is...it was really pretty spot on in a lot of ways. People just hate the truth.

Surrrrrrrrrrre - it's the "truth" that people have a religion because they're bitter because they're unemployed. Do ever LISTEN to yourself??? :D

I heard no racism in any of their statements, except the old fossil near the end.

This, as I feared, is the standard for the rest of the campaign - any criticism of Obama is "racist". Think what the means if he becomes prez.

Werbung:

The first lady just doesn't like Obama. Fair enough; there's plenty not to like about him.

The second lady thinks the US should be run by an American and thinks he's a Muslim. Now she's wrong insofar as Obama was born here and is probably an atheist, but it still falls short of racism.

The third guy -- just isn't voting for Obama. Again, there's lots of reasons not to vote for him that have nothing to do with his race (his clear disdain for the common man, his questionable associations with terrorists/criminals/slum lords, his political extremism, etc.).

That the fellow talking in the video describes these as euphemisms intended to cover up racism is silly. The ridiculous thing is that he then goes on to say that some people said, outright, that they wouldn't vote for him because he's black -- and then no one said that outright except one 70-some-odd year old woman, as if her view is representative of anyone's world view except that of 70-year-old white people.

The simple fact is, outside of black people, college students, and upscale white leftists, Barack Obama is not terribly popular.

I seem to recall news reports saying something like 20% of voters said race was a deciding factor in their vote, of whom 80% voted for Clinton. There's something to that, but 80% of 20% amounts to 16% overall, probably roughly the same proportion of people who say 9/11 was an inside job, who think Dennis Kucinich is kinda' cute, or who eat at Arby's. 16% is not a trend, it's a fringe.

I guess I shouldn't be complaining; it's only fair that the Clintons be ruined by the crappy identity politics they spent so many years hawking.

yeah what he said :)

I agree with that.

This state wont win in the general for another reason too. states like this dont vote for the far left type. they didnt like the last ones served up either.

they are moderate democrats

Back