Reach out and kill someone

Werbung:
Wait until they begin to shoot those drones down before they get to them.

I think that ship has sailed. the muslims are paying more attention to that buzzing up there.
Dont think you'll see armed drones plinking anyone domestically. Collateral damage is fine elsewhere b ut not so m uch here (remember Kent State ?). Besides the rednecks here have ample firepower to drop those things out of the sky with ease.

I think that ship has sailed. the muslims are paying more attention to that buzzing up there.
Dont think you'll see armed drones plinking anyone domestically. Collateral damage is fine elsewhere b ut not so m uch here (remember Kent State ?). Besides the rednecks here have ample firepower to drop those things out of the sky with ease.

I hope not, but then everything has to start somewhere. Start with shooting people in foreign countries, then graduate to shooting terrorists here, then go on to political opponents. It hasn't happened yet, but that doesn't mean it won't.

The lack of concern over that collateral damage in foreign nations reminds me of a conversation I had a while back with the Gipper, who was quite indignant that I suggested that we value American lives more than those of foreigners. If we see the same sort of outcry about drones killing off "suspected terrorists" and anyone else who happens to be nearby in Yemen that we'd expect from the same action in the USA, then I'll concede that he was right.

I hope not, but then everything has to start somewhere. Start with shooting people in foreign countries, then graduate to shooting terrorists here, then go on to political opponents. It hasn't happened yet, but that doesn't mean it won't.

The lack of concern over that collateral damage in foreign nations reminds me of a conversation I had a while back with the Gipper, who was quite indignant that I suggested that we value American lives more than those of foreigners. If we see the same sort of outcry about drones killing off "suspected terrorists" and anyone else who happens to be nearby in Yemen that we'd expect from the same action in the USA, then I'll concede that he was right.

I recall. If I were arguing Gipper's point I'd draw a distinction between value of life and refer instead to the common tactic of terrorists of surrounding themselves with civilians. Hard to be all that "surgical" in such a situation.

Been more than a few political hits over the years (no Vince Foster was not an official hit). More typical to capture terrorists here for the intel. Of course what happens after they're squeezed dry is another story but people gone missing here tends to go noticed so disappearing them is harder, as noted.

Would you be surprised to learn that there is one person who can order a hit on the prez ? Has to have an airtight reason but it is possible.

I recall. If I were arguing Gipper's point I'd draw a distinction between value of life and refer instead to the common tactic of terrorists of surrounding themselves with civilians. Hard to be all that "surgical" in such a situation.

Been more than a few political hits over the years (no Vince Foster was not an official hit). More typical to capture terrorists here for the intel. Of course what happens after they're squeezed dry is another story but people gone missing here tends to go noticed so disappearing them is harder, as noted.

Would you be surprised to learn that there is one person who can order a hit on the prez ? Has to have an airtight reason but it is possible.
I would be surprised to learn that, yes. Would Obama be surprised as well?

Really? Who? Head of the FBI? Supreme Court Justice? Dept of Justice?

My guess would be the VP, it would certainly explain why Democrat presidents choose such stuttering dunces to be VP...
Since the VP gets to take over if the president dies, it would seem to be a bad idea to give the VP the power to off the POTUS. That just might be a conflict of interest.

Werbung:
Back