Real ID

Werbung:
I am not Roker the toker OK. Take that as a fact. I do not believe in conspiracy theories generally, I find them hilarious. However, you have to admit that the government can see so much about you thesedays. Personally I don't want much more of my personal data to be readily avaliable to them without being a criminal as a point of principal, and this is undeniably another step towards a 1984 style scenario, especially with all the technology avaliable.

I am not Roker the toker OK. Take that as a fact. I do not believe in conspiracy theories generally, I find them hilarious. However, you have to admit that the government can see so much about you thesedays. Personally I don't want much more of my personal data to be readily avaliable to them without being a criminal as a point of principal, and this is undeniably another step towards a 1984 style scenario, especially with all the technology avaliable.

That's hardly a conspiracy theory. It's more just a longing for privacy - one which I quite ardently share.

Yeah but the conspiracy is that slowly but surely the government is compiling all the data on us that is possible.

You really do trust your government a bit too much. Now I'm not saying its like that movie Enemy of the State, but the government has so much unbelievable technology etc. that in the future could be used, slowly but surely to monitor people more and more.

My privacy is my privacy, and if I'm not hurting anyone, I shouldn't loose it. And just because some people use their privacy to do bad things against the government, other people etc. doesn't mean I should lose mine. The government has no right to my privacy. I don't vote them in to watch me all the time when I don't want them to.

I just watched a documentary on cctv on the BBC just now, and it is one of the most fantastic crime fighting devices in the world, and its getting better all the time. If its on the street, just observing me, thats fine with me, because anyone can do that anyway. If it ever ends up doing anything else, or enters my home, I'll emmigrate.

Despite my signature I am not some nut posting about Real ID only. I have a strong opinion of it but am more interested to hear what other people think about it and thus discuss it.
You can bet if the Democrats submitted this bill, the Repubs would be all over them for privacy invasion, but because it's led by Bush and his parrots, it's just swell. (and conservatives all about small government and privacy, what a joke)

By knowing who I am?

They already know who you are, that isn't a big deal at all.

Wireless transmition, your information contained on a RealID card can be obtained from anyone who understands how to. Be it the government, a hack, or some other clandestine means.

In Maine they have resisted RealID (for now) and here is their reason for doing so.

It would cost the tax payers of that state an extra $128mil and this money would be paying for their loss of identity security and privacy.

Seems reasonable to me.

You can bet if the Democrats submitted this bill, the Repubs would be all over them for privacy invasion, but because it's led by Bush and his parrots, it's just swell. (and conservatives all about small government and privacy, what a joke)

I can agree but there are a few (at least there were) supporters in the Dems over this measure.

What can the implimentation of Real ID do to this country come 2008 election time?

Well lets see. If you don't have a Real ID you can't vote. If you can't vote that isn't really a big deal. But if a complete state can't vote, such as Maine, California, or New Hampshire, you got yourself a state of emergency as 3 states of people would be prohibited to even enter the voting facilities as they are considered federal property. In order to enter federal property, you have to have a RealID.

By May 11, 2008 to be precise.

Interesting? or no?

Werbung:
In Maine they have resisted RealID (for now) and here is their reason for doing so.

It would cost the tax payers of that state an extra $128mil and this money would be paying for their loss of identity security and privacy.

Seems reasonable to me.

Very reasonable. This seems like some bull****. I'm going to have to look more into it.

Back