Remember the Jeep moving to China story ?

My Idea is this. When you have a job and you find out taxes are taking from your paycheck youll vote against taxes on the ballot. So why should lazy bums on welfare should vote?

Werbung:
Not all people on welfare are lazy bums. There are a lot of people who really dread being on welfare - not exactly a great life. I sat on a City Council, and I wish everyone could hear the stories. For example, a mother with couple of kids, whose husband died. Even when the husband was alive, his salary was pretty low. So now the mother needs a safety net of help from the government. I think giving people like that some help is something that a civilized country can give their their citizens who are in dire need.

And just because a person is on welfare doesn't mean they don't follow the political situation, although they would probably vote Democrat for obvious reasons.

Not all people on welfare are lazy bums. There are a lot of people who really dread being on welfare - not exactly a great life. I sat on a City Council, and I wish everyone could hear the stories. For example, a mother with couple of kids, whose husband died. Even when the husband was alive, his salary was pretty low. So now the mother needs a safety net of help from the government. I think giving people like that some help is something that a civilized country can give their their citizens who are in dire need.

And just because a person is on welfare doesn't mean they don't follow the political situation, although they would probably vote Democrat for obvious reasons.

Im Obamas case,,They voted for him cause hes black. Why dont blacks ever vote for Herman Cain huh? Well hes black too
HermanCain-500x281.jpg

And he was framed with a sex scandal..Suppose someone framed Obama with an sex scandal? Youll have Jessie Jackson and Al Shapton crying bloody murder.

of course they follow politics so they can be sure to vote their interests. but their interests cant jibe with whats better for the jurisdiction.

The original intent of welfare was to be a safety-net for widows and orphans. The problem today, is too many mothers never marry their baby's daddy and the fathers are too irresponsible to support them.

as opposed to the mess we have today ? I'll take it.
Anyone who reads History will know the mess for most people was greater in the past. Many were slaves who received no wages, others work in factories and Mines for low wages. Most people did not have the freedom to oppose a government Education and training was denied to the majority until recent years. For example when I was young only 7% went to university. Today it is over 305 in Australia. In 1900 most people even in developed countries could not read. That is one reason why the voting system was restricted to the educated and land owners.

Today there is more equality. A person born poor has a greater chance of advancement. It is not perfect but going back to the past will not improve things.

Anyone who reads History will know the mess for most people was greater in the past. Many were slaves who received no wages, others work in factories and Mines for low wages. Most people did not have the freedom to oppose a government Education and training was denied to the majority until recent years. For example when I was young only 7% went to university. Today it is over 305 in Australia. In 1900 most people even in developed countries could not read. That is one reason why the voting system was restricted to the educated and land owners.

Today there is more equality. A person born poor has a greater chance of advancement. It is not perfect but going back to the past will not improve things.

perhaps if you held that vote as a carrot kids would seek education and success as opposed to the existence they do today ?

Werbung:
Well, if we can agree that many people in America need welfare as a safety net... and, of course, they are going to vote their best interests, then the question is "how much welfare is the proper amount for these people". Numerous studies have looked at this question, but it is a hard question to get a grasp on. Both the Feds and the States are involved, plus some private agencies as well. Anyway, let's assume that a study group could come up with a fair policy.

No question that many people abuse the system.. and I don't know how you stop that. The best thing to do is make sure we offer a safety net level of subsistence and nothing more. Case workers that visit houses would help as well.

Ironically, the same problem exists with taxing the rich. What is the proper tax code for the rich? Again, we can never outsmart a clever accountant - so the best thing to do is to make sure we are taking a healthy pound of flesh from the rich and call it good enough.

Back