Remind me again what part of the Const authorizes the Fed govt to run Health Care?

Werbung:
Re: Remind me again what part of the Const authorizes the Fed govt to run Health Care

Well seems the courts have not agreed for some time, as Goverment has provided health care for quite some time now...

Im generally happy with my Government run health care. Much better than when I only used private health insurance. I guess the free market decided and I went with the government rather than the constant bend over and grab ankle jobs that I got with Aetna and Blue Cross Blue Shield or Humana.

Re: Remind me again what part of the Const authorizes the Fed govt to run Health Care

Don't know if this is the most popular "Health Care Reform" thread or not as I haven't been around for several days, but here's a very liberal or left-leaning site's analysis on the current bill being worked over in the Senate:

http://www.commondreams.org/view/2009/12/21-8

Looks like BigInsurance and BigPharma are going to make out like (successful) bandits and ALL of us "Little People" are going to get screwed...

If the American People need something that they cannot provide for themselves, they have every right to tell the government to help them.

"To each according to his needs..."

picture.php

Uh, right now we have a universal health care "coverage" that is crippling our economy. It's called ER visits that Uncle Sam is biting dust trying to keep up with.

Meaning we have a class of people that will not exercise any self-responsibility to take care of themselves. They don't worry about doing for themselves because they know the government will do for them. How will any new government program change this?

This is where you are wrong. Congress is not the supreme judge of anything in this country; the American People are. If the American People need something that they cannot provide for themselves, they have every right to tell the government to help them.
Bull $hit.

If the American people cannot provide for themselves, they are to be cared for by their neighbors, and churches, and other forms local community help.

Not help mandated from a govt level, using the pooled resources from the states.

States have the authorities to do more than the federal govt, and that is how it should be. How can the federal govt, so distant from the people affected, be effective at providing solutions.

Since they haven't been able to in the past, what makes anyone think they can now.

And don't give me the argument of Social Security or Medicare. I said effectively. If those two were run effectively, they would not be near bankrupt.

Bull $hit.

If the American people cannot provide for themselves, they are to be cared for by their neighbors, and churches, and other forms local community help.

Not help mandated from a govt level, using the pooled resources from the states.

States have the authorities to do more than the federal govt, and that is how it should be. How can the federal govt, so distant from the people affected, be effective at providing solutions.

Since they haven't been able to in the past, what makes anyone think they can now.

And don't give me the argument of Social Security or Medicare. I said effectively. If those two were run effectively, they would not be near bankrupt.

Don’t live in the real world anymore, do you?

You will be ignored from now on since your command of the facts is matched only by your vocabulary.

the federal govt is inept at providing anything from the national level. that is why the powers were deferred to the states.

The founders knew that the best way to take care of matters that concerned states, counties, cities, townships, was for the powers to be with those entities.

Keep on smokin the liberal crack pipe. It's doing you and your party some good.

Progressivism as done more to destroy wealth and opportunity than anyone realizes.

You are mistaken. The Federal Government has every right to step in and address a critical national problem.

You specifically cite the justification as non-justification to try and take the real authority off the table. It doesn't work that way. And then to make your argument even weaker you cite long standing programs like Welfare & Social Security that have all stood in the face of any and all Constitutional challenges.

What we have here from you is described by Abraham Lincoln... and with the exact same result.

If you call a tail a leg, how many legs has a dog? Five? No, calling a tail a leg don't make it a leg.
Abraham Lincoln

which is really funny given his record of abusing the general welfare falacy.

the federal govt is inept at providing anything from the national level. that is why the powers were deferred to the states.

The founders knew that the best way to take care of matters that concerned states, counties, cities, townships, was for the powers to be with those entities.

Keep on smokin the liberal crack pipe. It's doing you and your party some good.

Progressivism as done more to destroy wealth and opportunity than anyone realizes.

I believe the main reason for limiting federal power was the knowledge that it was easily abused. And so it has been.

Don’t live in the real world anymore, do you?

You will be ignored from now on since your command of the facts is matched only by your vocabulary.

valid points, he appears to be very much in the real world.

Werbung:

Contrary to what libertarians believe the Founding Fathers had no intention of imposing their will on future generations.

http://abetterconstitution.com/

“‘No society can make a perpetual constitution, or even a perpetual law. The earth belongs always to the living generation…Every constitution, then, and every law, naturally expires at the end of 19 years. If it be enforced longer, it is an act of force and not of right.’ —Thomas Jefferson (in a letter to James Madison from Paris, September 6, 1789)

”‘It would give me singular pleasure to see [this principle] first announced in the proceedings of the U. States, and always kept in their view, as a salutary curb on the living generation from imposing unjust or unnecessary burdens on their successors.’ —James Madison (responding to Jefferson’s letter from New York, February 4, 1790)

”‘The warmest friends and best supporters the Constitution has, do not contend that it is free from imperfections; but they found them unavoidable and are sensible, if evil is likely to arise there from, the remedy must come hereafter; for in the present moment, it is not to be obtained; and as there is a Constitutional door open for it, I think the People (for it is with them to Judge) can as they will have the advantage of experience on their Side, decide with as much propriety on the alterations and amendments which are necessary [as] ourselves. I do not think we are more inspired, have more wisdom, or possess more virtue, than those who will come after us.’ -George Washington (in a letter to Bushrod Washington, November 10, 1797)

”‘That government is, or ought to be, instituted for the common benefit, protection, and security of the people, nation, or community; of all the various modes and forms of government, that is best which is capable of producing the greatest degree of happiness and safety…; and, whenever any government shall be found inadequate or contrary to these purposes, a majority of the community hath an indubitable, inalienable, and indefeasible right to reform, alter, or abolish it, in such manner as shall be judged most conducive to the public weal.’ —George Mason (in Article One of Virginia’s original Constitution, 1776)”

Jefferson did not attend the Constitutional Convention and while George Mason did attend the Convention he did not sign the document and didn’t support its ratification.

Upon reaching the point where the government allowed under the Constitution could no longer meet the needs of the governed, the Founding Fathers would have scrapped the document. They did not attach the importance to the document that libertarians now do.

Back