Republican delegate revolt grows in effort to sidetrack Trump nomination

Reddie

Apparently there are Republicans who still aren't willing "to respect the will of the people."

To rob Trump of the nomination . . .

To rob Trump of the nomination some delegates are trying to fight state laws and party rules that bind delegates from states with winner-take-all primaries on the first ballot of the national convention.
"If we were in a position where we didn't have a divisive or a controversial candidate going into Cleveland we probably would have been ok," explains Arizona GOP delegate Jarrod White. Like several states, Arizona law requires delegates to vote for the primary winner, who in this case happens to be Trump.
http://www.foxnews.com/politics/201...-in-effort-to-sidetrack-trump-nomination.html

Jarrod White is part of an organization which calls itself "Free the Delegate" which is trying to convince delegates to vote at the convention as their conscience dictates. So delegates need not respect the will of the people?

Werbung:
I think the election should reflect the will of the voters. If delegates don't like Trump, then they're free to do what George Will did and leave. They can form a third party which might ruin Trump's chances, and then wait for 2020 to run someone they like.

I think the election should reflect the will of the voters. If delegates don't like Trump, then they're free to do what George Will did and leave. They can form a third party which might ruin Trump's chances, and then wait for 2020 to run someone they like.
They agreed to support Trump for at least one vote. If they want out then they should get replaced by someone who will.

At the end of the day Trump should be the nominee. In the manner that the system is currently set up - he won. Love him or hate him - he won. The idea that delegates believe that they know better and should be allowed to circumvent this and ignore all the votes that were cast is absurd to me.

I did not support or vote for Trump, but it will be a sad day for the Republican Party is this moves forward and Trump is not the nominee.

And it is Trumps fault that they will not vote for him. He is verbally impulsive and now has to experience the consequences of that. I do not feel sorry for him.

I think they must accept he is the nominee for the party, but that doesn't mean that those in Congress will vote for him. Senators in particular have no party allegiance when it comes to their own careers.

It would not be unheard of for a Republican to vote for a Democrat when they dislike the candidate. It has happened in history before and will continue to happen.

I do feel the rest of the Republican Party should just suck it up and support Donald Trump. But either way, it doesn't bother me very badly. At least the republicans do not have the problems facing the democrats. A candidate who has problems conforming to today's political correctness is much more acceptable than Hilary and all those scandals.

Werbung:
It's no shock that those who hitched v their horse to the establishment wagon don't want the wagon to disappear.

But thats for the citizens to decide. Let the dems sink their ship fighting the people, be smart.

Back