The WA GOP put it in writing that they’re not into democracy

MusicLover

Political forecasters called it that the state Republican convention would feature turmoil ending in endorsements of the most extreme candidates, all to match the party’s current MAGA mood.

Among the jilted was the Republican front-runner for governor, former Sheriff Dave Reichert, who was left putting out an APB for the GOP.
“The party’s been taken hostage,” he told The Spokesman-Review.
But there was another strain to the proceedings last weekend that didn’t get much attention. Political conventions are often colorful curiosities; this one took a darker turn. The Republican base, it turns out, is now opposed to democracy. Their words, not mine, as you’ll soon see.
After the candidates left, the convention’s delegates got down to crafting a party platform. Like at most GOP gatherings in the Donald Trump era, this one called for restrictions on voting. In Washington state, the delegates called for the end of all mail-in voting. Instead, we would have a one-day-only, in-person election, with photo ID and paper ballots, with no use of tabulating machines or digital scanners to count the ballots. All ballots would be counted by hand, by Trappist monks.
OK, I made up the monk part. I did not make up the part about banning the use of machines to count votes. All in all it would make voting less convenient and harder, by rolling it back at least half a century.

The republicans in Washington came right out and said it, including putting it in their platform. The republicans HATE democracy and want to do away with it.

All those republicans who hate democracy and the 17th amendment shouldn't vote. They obviously hate democracy so they have no business voting. They don't want to be able to vote for their own senator. They want the state congress to do it like was done before the 17th Amendment. They are too stupid to realize that a democrat will still be elected since Washington's state congress is totally controlled by democrats. Nor do they realize that they can't repeal the 17th Amendment. It's here to stay and no amount of writing overturning it in their party platform is going to change that.

The republicans have been in the minority in Washington for literally decades. Instead of changing their policies to more aline with the population of the state, they just want to get rid of democracy. They want to get rid of the state law that requires the state to be 100% mail in voting. They want to get rid of vote tabulation machines and they want to get rid of early voting. They want only one day in person voting with strict laws to be able to vote.

In other words, they want the minority to take over the state as has been done in other states.

I thought that this election would be a close call with republicans actually winning some elections in Washington for once. They won't win much now.

Werbung:
Political forecasters called it that the state Republican convention would feature turmoil ending in endorsements of the most extreme candidates, all to match the party’s current MAGA mood.

Among the jilted was the Republican front-runner for governor, former Sheriff Dave Reichert, who was left putting out an APB for the GOP.
“The party’s been taken hostage,” he told The Spokesman-Review.
But there was another strain to the proceedings last weekend that didn’t get much attention. Political conventions are often colorful curiosities; this one took a darker turn. The Republican base, it turns out, is now opposed to democracy. Their words, not mine, as you’ll soon see.
After the candidates left, the convention’s delegates got down to crafting a party platform. Like at most GOP gatherings in the Donald Trump era, this one called for restrictions on voting. In Washington state, the delegates called for the end of all mail-in voting. Instead, we would have a one-day-only, in-person election, with photo ID and paper ballots, with no use of tabulating machines or digital scanners to count the ballots. All ballots would be counted by hand, by Trappist monks.
OK, I made up the monk part. I did not make up the part about banning the use of machines to count votes. All in all it would make voting less convenient and harder, by rolling it back at least half a century.

The republicans in Washington came right out and said it, including putting it in their platform. The republicans HATE democracy and want to do away with it.

All those republicans who hate democracy and the 17th amendment shouldn't vote. They obviously hate democracy so they have no business voting. They don't want to be able to vote for their own senator. They want the state congress to do it like was done before the 17th Amendment. They are too stupid to realize that a democrat will still be elected since Washington's state congress is totally controlled by democrats. Nor do they realize that they can't repeal the 17th Amendment. It's here to stay and no amount of writing overturning it in their party platform is going to change that.

The republicans have been in the minority in Washington for literally decades. Instead of changing their policies to more aline with the population of the state, they just want to get rid of democracy. They want to get rid of the state law that requires the state to be 100% mail in voting. They want to get rid of vote tabulation machines and they want to get rid of early voting. They want only one day in person voting with strict laws to be able to vote.

In other words, they want the minority to take over the state as has been done in other states.

I thought that this election would be a close call with republicans actually winning some elections in Washington for once. They won't win much now.
The major difference between two main Republican factions could possibly be attributed to the difference between those who agree with traditional Christian values and those who do not.

The major difference between two main Republican factions could possibly be attributed to the difference between those who agree with traditional Christian values and those who do not.
What a load of shit.
Republicans couldn't give a rat's about any religious factions. They'll do anything to win.
They have clearly stated they do not want democracy which leaves the USA to be controlled by a fascist. Anyone come to mind?

The world is watching USA with all these right wing nutters hell bent on destroying the country purely to enact revenge and hate to take power.
The irony is it's the same people who love democracy and freedom and rightly so, but simultaneously want it destroyed to beat democrats. It shows a complete lack of intelligence and I've said that a thousand times.
You need look no further than the nutters on here.

What a load of shit.
Republicans couldn't give a rat's about any religious factions. They'll do anything to win.
They have clearly stated they do not want democracy which leaves the USA to be controlled by a fascist. Anyone come to mind?

The world is watching USA with all these right wing nutters hell bent on destroying the country purely to enact revenge and hate to take power.
The irony is it's the same people who love democracy and freedom and rightly so, but simultaneously want it destroyed to beat democrats. It shows a complete lack of intelligence and I've said that a thousand times.

I don't believe they love democracy and freedom.

At least real freedom. Conservatives believe that freedom means the right to take freedoms from people they don't like.

What a load of shit.

You can claim people have no religious views but you would be wrong. Every human with understanding has religious views.

Werbung:
Back