Repubs happier than Dems

ilikeboobs

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/07/AR2008020701904.html?sub=new
And/Or
http://pewresearch.org/pubs/301/are-we-happy-yet

interesting study. Here's my favorite part:

"If this isn't depressing enough for liberals, it turns out that some of their own pet policies are to blame for their unhappiness. Once in power, Democrats tend to focus on issues that, according to the science of happiness, have little effect on our contentment -- income equality, for instance, and racial diversity. Neither is linked to greater happiness. Countries with large disparities between rich and poor are no less happy than more egalitarian ones, studies have found. And the happiest countries in the world tend to be homogenous ones, such as Denmark and Iceland, not the ethnic melting pots that liberals celebrate."

i'm pretty happy. i'm conservative. college educated. i make just enough money to get by. i'm a religious Catholic...just thankful for what I've got.

think it's funny that the "diversity & tolerance" crowd are the more miserable group. :p

Werbung:
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2008/02/07/AR2008020701904.html?sub=new
And/Or
http://pewresearch.org/pubs/301/are-we-happy-yet

interesting study. Here's my favorite part:

"If this isn't depressing enough for liberals, it turns out that some of their own pet policies are to blame for their unhappiness. Once in power, Democrats tend to focus on issues that, according to the science of happiness, have little effect on our contentment -- income equality, for instance, and racial diversity. Neither is linked to greater happiness. Countries with large disparities between rich and poor are no less happy than more egalitarian ones, studies have found. And the happiest countries in the world tend to be homogenous ones, such as Denmark and Iceland, not the ethnic melting pots that liberals celebrate."

i'm pretty happy. i'm conservative. college educated. i make just enough money to get by. i'm a religious Catholic...just thankful for what I've got.

think it's funny that the "diversity & tolerance" crowd are the more miserable group. :p
Have you ever wondered if the "unhappiness" supposedly felt by liberals is income based? It is harder to be "happy" when foraging for food (muskrats, crayfish) to feed ones family than it is when living in comparative luxury.

Also, what would you do to make the U.S. homogeneous? The Nazi final solution?

Have you ever wondered if the "unhappiness" supposedly felt by liberals is income based? It is harder to be "happy" when foraging for food (muskrats, crayfish) to feed ones family than it is when living in comparative luxury.

Also, what would you do to make the U.S. homogeneous? The Nazi final solution?

I have relatives in Northern MN who have next to nothing (one of my aunts lives in an indian teepee and eats pretty much nothing but bread and fish everyday, for example), all are pretty conservative, and yet I could never come close to being as happy as they are.

You choose to be happy - doesn't matter if you're eating caviar or vegetables right out of the ground, and it doesn't matter if you're living in the streets or in a mansion. I think values matter more in your level of happiness than do material possessions.

And I don't think I ever advocated for the death of all Jews to make America a more homogeneous nation. But good try...

You choose to be happy - doesn't matter if you're eating caviar or vegetables right out of the ground, and it doesn't matter if you're living in the streets or in a mansion. I think values matter more in your level of happiness than do material possessions.
So the theory goes...but there is a good way to find out for sure; give up your material life style and possessions and become homeless...it will test your theory. Besides, that is what your Bible tells you to do anyway (the same basic story in three different chapters but Christians ignore that).

From what I've seen, wealthy Democrats (fyi, Dems outnumber Reps 2-1 in the $10 million+ annual income range) are still unhappier than poor Republicans. Admittedly anecdotal there; a social psychologist might be able to work that out.

Assuming income couldn't account for everything, I imagine the simple nature of liberal ideology, with its talk of looming environmental catastrophes, racial oppression, and dawning police state, is naturally going to make people unhappy.

Assuming income couldn't account for everything, I imagine the simple nature of liberal ideology, with its talk of looming environmental catastrophes, racial oppression, and dawning police state, is naturally going to make people unhappy.

...you forgot imminent Christian theocracy.

Werbung:
Back