Restaurant Declares No Gun Zone: Robbed at Gunpoint

GBFan

A barbecue restaurant in Durham, North Carolina, was robbed at gunpoint on Sunday night, despite having posted a sign on the door banning weapons, including concealed firearms.

According to ABC 11, three men wearing hoodies and carrying pistols entered The Pit from the back, assaulted two of the employees and made others lie on the floor. The assaulted employees, though, are doing well.

“They’re doing great,” restaurant owner Greg Hatem said. “One of them actually went to the hospital and was released. They took a good look at him, he’s fine.”

Hatem said there were some people in the dining room, but they were able to leave safely. He also said he’s taking it seriously and is offering a $2,000 reward for the robbers to be arrested.

“We want to make sure our guests and our staff are taken care of,” he said.

According to Guns ‘n’ Freedom, however, “This should be a clear reminder that criminals don’t obey gun laws and they don’t obey signs on windows that say that can’t bring their guns inside. These signs only stop law abiding citizens from being able to protect themselves and make the establishment a bigger target for crooks. After all, why pick a target where people can shoot back at you?”

Werbung:
They came in the back door, couldnt have seen the sign. Im sure the would have keft their guns in the car had they known.

Unintended consequences or just plain stupid ?

They came in the back door, couldnt have seen the sign. Im sure the would have keft their guns in the car had they known.

Unintended consequences or just plain stupid ?

Yep ... it's definitely one of those, all right!

every resturent In Australia bans guns, They do not get held up by guns.

Following this logic, in my own country I couldn't walk into a restaurant without a 98% chance of getting robbed...
Sorry, no weapons here and not a single robbery in a restaurant. Happy Europe.

Following this logic, in my own country I couldn't walk into a restaurant without a 98% chance of getting robbed...
Austria enjoys a very different population in addition to an insane abundance of batural beauty.

That's not logic .... that's math.

Texas and other change that Gun control has not worked Stats prove it.

In fact they prove the opposite. Massed Shooting have disappear in Australia and Europe. Our last massed shooting was in Port Arthur. After that strict gun control has prevented any other massed shootings. Of course we have crimes . But it hard to kill more than a few people with knives or fists.

Ourlast Massed shootings was in 1996 in Australia. In USA there have 62 since 1986, over 20 attempted school shootings this year.

Werbung:
It's interesting that you should trumpet the lack of crime in Australia.

Personally, I don't believe you can compare countries, given the significant social, economic, political, and ethical differences.

So, tell ya what ... let's see what Australians think about Australian crime ... and, give you a comparison to the US.

Australia
Believes crime increasing in the past 3 years 67.26
Australia Ranked 38th.
3% more than United States
Burglaries 1,530.2
Ranked 1st.
2 times more than United States 714.4
Crime levels 46.01
Ranked 47th. 55.84
United States 21% more than Australia
Illicit drugs Tasmania is one of the world's major suppliers of licit opiate products; government maintains strict controls over areas of opium poppy cultivation and output of poppy straw concentrate; major consumer of cocaine and amphetamines world's largest consumer of cocaine (shipped from Colombia through Mexico and the Caribbean), Colombian heroin, and Mexican heroin and marijuana; major consumer of ecstasy and Mexican methamphetamine; minor consumer of high-quality Southeast Asian heroin; illicit producer of cannabis, marijuana, depressants, stimulants, hallucinogens, and methamphetamine; money-laundering center
Murder rate 1.3 5
Murders with firearms 59
Ranked 25th. 9,369
Ranked 4th. 159 times more than Australia
Police officers 222.7%
Ranked 8th. 243.6%
Ranked 27th. 9% more than Australia
Prisoners 22,492 prisoners
Ranked 46th. 2.02 million prisoners
Ranked 1st. 90 times more than Australia
Prisoners > Per capita 116 per 100,000 people
Ranked 73th. 715 per 100,000 people
Ranked 1st. 6 times more than Australia
Robberies 81.8
Ranked 4th. 146.4
Ranked 10th. 79% more than Australia
Software piracy rate 28%
Ranked 93th. 40% more than United States 20%
Ranked 106th.
Violent crime > Intentional homicides > Per 100,000 people 1.03
Ranked 74th. 4.75
Ranked 43th. 5 times more than Australia
Violent crime > Murder rate 229
Ranked 42nd. 12,996
Ranked 9th. 57 times more than Australia
Violent crime > Murders 229
Ranked 42nd. 12,996
Ranked 9th. 57 times more than Australia
Violent crime > Rapes 6,378
Ranked 6th. 84,767
Ranked 1st. 13 times more than Australia

Oh, by the way ..... the US has 15 times more population than Australia.

So much for that 'holier than thou' approach, huh?

Back