Rich pay most federal taxes

That's a good point. In fact I don't see how that can be argued, because you're right. However, I still believe welfare can really help people.

I have no problem with helping people. I don't even have a problem with using some of my tax money to help people. I have a problem with squandering money on programs that don't help people and do more social damage than would have been done had the programs never existed.

There is one government model for a social program that works, produces results, and works consistently. That is the GI Bill program for veterans. I got my education through it.

First you had to prove that you were willing to work to even have access to the program. For me it required military service, in the civillian sector, community service could be performed. For those who are to mentally and physically disabled to perform any usefull community service, there should be a genuine welfare program.

In order to continue getting the money for the GI Bill, I had to attend school for X hours per semester. Not only did I have to attend, I had to maintain a passing average. If I failed, they expected their money back. If I didn't attend, they expected their money back. If I dropped out, they expected their money back and they would go after you aggressively to get it.

I don't mind helping people, but handouts are not the answer. Any public money that is given to individuals, should have substantial strings attatched to it. When people depend on you for handouts, they not only don't appreciate the money, eventually they begin to hate you for it. That is evidenced amply in the welfare community now and race whores like j. jackson know it and use it to the full advantage.

Werbung:
You're putting words in my mouth again lol. I said "cleaned up" not eliminated.

I didn't mean to type "So", I meant "Do". Sorry.

Friendindeed said:
You said "I'd rather spend some of my money to help the few people that actually need welfare, even if most goes to the people who created the problem."

My feeling is, fantastic.
Spend YOUR money then.
The trouble with liberals is that they spend OTHER PEOPLE's money.

I'm going to support what I personally like and think is best for society. If you don't want your money spent, then don't support the measure, or move somewhere else.

I have no problem with helping people. I don't even have a problem with using some of my tax money to help people. I have a problem with squandering money on programs that don't help people and do more social damage than would have been done had the programs never existed.

There is one government model for a social program that works, produces results, and works consistently. That is the GI Bill program for veterans. I got my education through it.

First you had to prove that you were willing to work to even have access to the program. For me it required military service, in the civillian sector, community service could be performed. For those who are to mentally and physically disabled to perform any usefull community service, there should be a genuine welfare program.

I wholeheartedly agree.

palerider said:
In order to continue getting the money for the GI Bill, I had to attend school for X hours per semester. Not only did I have to attend, I had to maintain a passing average. If I failed, they expected their money back. If I didn't attend, they expected their money back. If I dropped out, they expected their money back and they would go after you aggressively to get it.

That's a good system.

palerider said:
I don't mind helping people, but handouts are not the answer. Any public money that is given to individuals, should have substantial strings attatched to it. When people depend on you for handouts, they not only don't appreciate the money, eventually they begin to hate you for it. That is evidenced amply in the welfare community now and race whores like j. jackson know it and use it to the full advantage.

What do you suggest for a better welfare system then? I agree there are many flaws, but it's impossible for the government to judge who gets handouts on a case by case basis.

I didn't mean to type "So", I meant "Do". Sorry.

I'm going to support what I personally like and think is best for society. If you don't want your money spent, then don't support the measure, or move somewhere else.

What measure are you talking about ?

You think you are only going to support things you personally like ? I guess none of your tax money going to put pot smokers in prison or send more soldiers to Iraq.
How did you get that arranged ?

What do you suggest for a better welfare system then? I agree there are many flaws, but it's impossible for the government to judge who gets handouts on a case by case basis.

I just described it. Make people do community service. Make people demonstrate that they are working towards getting out of a dependent situation (education or training). Make it clear that the days of the free ride are over and if you want to feed at the trough, you are going to have to earn it in some real and usefull way.

It won't be long before they come to realize that they could make more money off the system than on it if they are going to have to work either way.

What measure are you talking about ?

No specific one, just welfare in general. I guess measure wasn't the best word for someone as literal as you.

Friendindeed said:
You think you are only going to support things you personally like ?

I guess none of your tax money going to put pot smokers in prison or send more soldiers to Iraq.
How did you get that arranged ?

Am I supposed to vote for things I'm against? I think you are a little confused. By support I mean vote for.

No specific one, just welfare in general. I guess measure wasn't the best word for someone as literal as you.

Am I supposed to vote for things I'm against? I think you are a little confused. By support I mean vote for.

By SUPPORT I meant literally with your tax dollars. I am literal, remember ?
LOL actually I just looked at it and it seems like you are the one who is confused because I SAID "your tax money".

I just described it. Make people do community service. Make people demonstrate that they are working towards getting out of a dependent situation (education or training). Make it clear that the days of the free ride are over and if you want to feed at the trough, you are going to have to earn it in some real and usefull way.

It won't be long before they come to realize that they could make more money off the system than on it if they are going to have to work either way.

I like that idea, community service decides your welfare. But income and such must have a say in it, right? Because a rich person with free time can do more community service than a poor person. Also what about handicapped people? Do you think they should get money from the government even if they can't do community service?

How could anyone decide what they want to spend their taxes on? I guess that's what you were asking me. Well we can pretty much wrap this up.

Yes that is what I was asking you. To draw your attention to the fact that you DO support those things.

I like that idea, community service decides your welfare. But income and such must have a say in it, right? Because a rich person with free time can do more community service than a poor person. Also what about handicapped people? Do you think they should get money from the government even if they can't do community service?

You want to dictate what people do with their time? If I am working for a living, and paying taxes, what sort of community service do you support mandating for me?

What sort of handicaps? The president of my college had no legs? He was certainly handicapped, but not on the public dole? If a person has such severe mental or physical handicaps that there is no form of work they could do to earn their welfare money, then that person is certainly deserving of public assistance. If we weren't handing out so much to people who are healthy and capable of earning a living, there would be more to support people who genuinely need public money to survive.

Werbung:
Back