Richard Dawkins: I can't be sure God does not exist

Werbung:
God and Jesus are like Santa Claus for Adults.

well if you're praying fr Super Bowls and such I guess you could say so. May also be why that stuff seldom works. I try to stick to thngs that will make me a better person and for others as opposed to myself. works a lot better.

dUring a debate On Australian TV with a Catholic Cardinal, Dawkins admitted he could be called an agnostic because he can not prove that God exists. Yet he lead a crusade against those who promote a belief in God like the Cardinal. If you can not prove that God does not exist why are you so worry about it. He attack Catholic and conservative icons, like Mother Teressa, a belief in the Real presence, saying a wafer becoming God, and even in those Catholics saying the Birth controls do not work. These are not the majority of Catholic beliefs. He is setting up straw men to knock down rather than debate the important questions like Why are we here? To Dawkins this is an unimportant question. TO Catholics it is the important question I will try and answer question on what Catholic believe in another thread.

Heres What Jesus said
,,Scroll to 9:00
He said ASK,,And you shall receive. What a bunch of bull,,I asked and Cundiff missed that field goal. I asked the O's lost to the Yankees last night.

Stervox, Your film is a good summary of Christ teaching. It does not say that everything you ask for will be given. God will give you an answer but it may not be what you ask."Ask and you shall Receive"does not say you will receive exactly what you ask for. But what you shall receive will be good.
I do not know your team but I am sure God knows. Many will be praying for your team but others for an opposition team. God can give everybody who ask a win so he might give them something else.

Going to the Superbowl is an once in a lifetime dream. I never been to one i would like to experance watching the superbowl in person or even attending an world series game. But how can i attend to one when my O's keep losing my Ravens keep fucking up the big game?

Going to the Superbowl is an once in a lifetime dream. I never been to one i would like to experance watching the superbowl in person or even attending an world series game. But how can i attend to one when my O's keep losing my Ravens keep fucking up the big game?

see if Earl Weaver is up for a return and pull Boog out of his rib shack and back on a DH then realize that your team is actually in Indianapolis and you should have gone to see them.

Im not interested in the Colts anymore.Its the superbowl. You invent me a time machine i want to travel back to 1971. Pirates vs O's World Series,,, Colts vs Cowboys in superbowl V
1971+World+Series+Game+6+Scoreboard+2.jpg
super_bowl_V_history_540x405.jpg

somebody is going to be unhappy

Yeah that Dawkins, the one who used to rock.
I didn't know this was a shocker. Anyone who actually reads what he writes will already know he is an agnostic atheist. Sam Harris will admit that he cannot be absolutely certain their is no god. Christopher Hitchens had readily admitted this. Atheism often is a rejection of theistic claims rather than the assertion of the opposite.

I didn't know this was a shocker. Anyone who actually reads what he writes will already know he is an agnostic atheist. Sam Harris will admit that he cannot be absolutely certain their is no god. Christopher Hitchens had readily admitted this. Atheism often is a rejection of theistic claims rather than the assertion of the opposite.

a former poster did claim to have read his stuff and would never admit such a thing.

his history speaks for itself and the intent of this thread was to demonstrate how clueless the kid was that he did not even comprehend his namesake hero.

Meh.. I have little time for hero worshipers, this kid does appear to be making a few fatal logical errors. I don't want to say much as I am fairly ignorant of the poster you are speaking of.

somebody is going to be unhappy

Yeah that Dawkins, the one who used to rock.

That Dawkins, who used to say that there is no god?
Of course there is doubt. We all have doubts. None of us knows for a fact that god exists/doesn't exist. I believe that god exists. I have no sure knowledge, and neither does anyone else.

What is surprising is that an avowed atheist would admit he doesn't know. It's a lot like the Pope admitting he isn't sure that there is a god. That would be big news.

Werbung:
Back