Richard Dawkins: I can't be sure God does not exist

Meh.. I have little time for hero worshipers, this kid does appear to be making a few fatal logical errors. I don't want to say much as I am fairly ignorant of the poster you are speaking of.

fatal errors, to say the least but in short it does not merit much reflection.

Werbung:
its apparent that there is a Grand Designer or Master Architect. From the way how are plates develop and shift in our brain to the plates of the earth's crust.... EVERYTHING is obviously designed.
Plus, how could water survive a nuclear blast like "The Big Bang?"

OConnor to say things are self-evidently designed is a cop-out to remove the burden of proof from where it belongs.

Furthermore your question reveals a complete lack of understanding of science, which I wouldn't mind if you were genuinely looking for answers. This however is not the case as you are merely posing a question that you think cannot be answered and smugly claiming that because it cant be answered yahweh is the one true god.

Please educate yourself so your criticisms actually make sense in the future.

OConnor to say things are self-evidently designed is a cop-out to remove the burden of proof from where it belongs.

Furthermore your question reveals a complete lack of understanding of science, which I wouldn't mind if you were genuinely looking for answers. This however is not the case as you are merely posing a question that you think cannot be answered and smugly claiming that because it cant be answered yahweh is the one true god.

Please educate yourself so your criticisms actually make sense in the future.
Where does the burden of proof belong?

The Bible says,,ASK and you shall receive.

Matthew 21
And Jesus answered them, “Truly, I say to you, if you have faith and do not doubt, you will not only do what has been done to the fig tree, but even if you say to this mountain, ‘Be taken up and thrown into the sea,’ it will happen. And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.”

I did ask the lord for things.

1. I still never won the Powerball jackpot.
2. My Orioles still didnt go to the World Series.
3. My Ravens still didnt go to the Superbowl.

Ask your child did Santy Claus bring him his christmas wish?
santa-and-kid-1260551832-1260553292.jpg

Not always..With IRS the burden of proof is on you..

Im concerned w/ logic not slimey government dealings

And as far as i'm concerned your the claimant...you claim there is no God...
No I have not claimed that you are being quite dishonest... I have stated several times I am not making the gnostic claim there is no god. I am saying I disbelieve in this entity as I have not seen any evidence for its existence.

Im concerned w/ logic not slimey government dealings

No I have not claimed that you are being quite dishonest... I have stated several times I am not making the gnostic claim there is no god. I am saying I disbelieve in this entity as I have not seen any evidence for its existence.

I dont see any evidence there is a god. The Bible doesnt prove any facts those stories are hardly ever true. Religion is make believe just like Mr Rogers neighborhood is.

I dont see any evidence there is a god. The Bible doesnt prove any facts those stories are hardly ever true. Religion is make believe just like Mr Rogers neighborhood is.
Steve..Atheists tend to fall into one of two camps. First, are the atheists who say that science cannot have anything to say about the existence of God. However, recently, the "new atheists" think that they can prove the non-existence of God through science. Although science cannot directly detect God, it can examine His creation. Consider the non-physical concept of love. We all accept that love exists, although it cannot be directly measured by science. However, if we observe those who love each other, we can indirectly measure the affect of love on these individuals' actions. For example, we might notice that they spend a lot of time together, they are constantly helping each other in various ways, and they come to each other's defense when the other is threatened in some way. Although we cannot measure love directly, we can measure the indirect effects of love. Likewise, although we cannot measure God directly, we can examine the universe to detect God's imprint on the physical world.

"Unlikely things happen all the time." This is the mantra of the anti-design movement. However, there is an absolute physical limit for improbable events to happen in our universe. The universe contains only 1080 baryons and has only been around for 13.7 billion years (1018 sec). Since the smallest unit of time is Planck time (10-45 sec), the lowest probability event that can ever happen in the history of the universe is:1/1080 x 1/1018 x 1/1045 =1/10143
So, although it would be possible that one or two constants might require unusual fine-tuning by chance, it would be virtually impossible that all of them would require such fine-tuning. Some physicists have indicated that any of a number of different physical laws would be compatible with our present universe. However, it is not just the current state of the universe that must be compatible with the physical laws. Even more stringent are the initial conditions of the universe, since even minor deviations would have completely disrupted the process. For example, adding a grain of sand to the weight of the universe now would have no effect. However, adding even this small amount of weight at the beginning of the universe would have resulted in its collapse early in its history.

Mr. Roger's neighborhood a hoax!? Impossible...

But in all seriousness, even though I'm a believer, the whole you cannot prove/disprove theory is spot on IMO. However, in my life in particular, I just don't think certain things were a result of pure chance.

Einstein believed in Intelligent Design. I agree with Einstein. Great minds think alike.
Einstein did not believe in intelligent design as it is described by Creationists. He did not believe in a creator deity, he thought that Israel was a terrible idea because of the treatment of the Arabs, and when he was offered the presidency of Israel, he declined it.

Einstein did not believe in intelligent design as it is described by Creationists. He did not believe in a creator deity, he thought that Israel was a terrible idea because of the treatment of the Arabs, and when he was offered the presidency of Israel, he declined it.
Poor Einstein. He learned a lot and yet apparently never found the wisdom and goodness of God.

Werbung:
Back