Romney buys Clear Channel

Popeye

This couldn't have anything to do with the election, now could it? Romney is in obvious trouble, as the religious bigots on the right don't fancy a Mormon. I guess they need convincing. After all, Republicans have proved, in the past, if they're told something often enough and long enough by such nuts as Limbaugh and Hannity, they will begin to believe it.
Mitt Romney to Buy Clear Channel Communications

What would it cost to buy the support of just about every nationally-syndicated neocon talk show host in America? About $19.5 Billion, which is what Mitt Romney's private equity firm, Bain Capital, and Thomas H. Lee Partners have agreed to pay in a leveraged buyout agreement with Clear Channel Communications, the largest radio station owner in the country.

Clear Channel owns over 1,100 full-power AM, FM, and shortwave radio stations, twelve radio channels on XM Satellite Radio, and more than 30 television stations in the United States. Premiere Radio Networks, which is the largest syndication company in the United States, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Clear Channel and is home to Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, and many others. Sean Hannity recently signed a large multi-market contract with Clear Channel, as well.
http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/017694.html

Werbung:
I always knew it was the Mormons and not the zionists who own the media! ;)

That joke aside, it is a bit troubling. I read an article in Newsweek about a possible Bloomberg campaign for President. He also owns sizable media outlets

Werbung:
Clear Channel isn't the only nor the first financial decision made by Bain that could embarrass Romney. There is this:

Hunter: Romney should denounce Bain Capital's Chinese ties

This is the response from the campaign:

Romney's campaign provided CNN the following statement in response to the request from Hunter, "Governor Romney is no longer involved in Bain Capital and their investment decisions."

Back