Rush's Hit-Piece on Huckabee

Werbung:
Well, if Huckabee is a true Christian, and God is truely all powerful, Huckabee should win for sure then?

And if he loses, does that prove that god doesn't exist? Or that God is not all-powerful? Or that Huckabee isn't a "true Christian"?

Have all past presidential candidates who were "true Christians" won?

Presidential canidates used to talk about the country, not their religious beliefs. This whole religious thing is so stupid. I don't care what people believe, as long as they put America first. As John Kennedy said he would.

The Huckster is not only a religious fanatic, but he's uneducated as well. Some would say those things go hand in hand.
Someone Get Huck a Map
Friday December 28, 2007 4:00 pm

I know the "intelligent design" crowd are a bit slow on the uptake when it comes to stuff like evolution, but consensus reality really does hold that China does not share a border with the US:

On Thursday night he told reporters in Orlando, Fla.: “We ought to have an immediate, very clear monitoring of our borders and particularly to make sure if there’s any unusual activity of Pakistanis coming into the country.”

On Friday, in Pella, Iowa, he expanded on those remarks.

“When I say single them out I am making the observation that we have more Pakistani illegals coming across our border than all other nationalities except those immediately south of the border,” he told reporters in Pella. “And in light of what is happening in Pakistan it ought to give us pause as to why are so many illegals coming across these borders.”

In fact, far more illegal immigrants come from the Philippines, Korea, China and Vietnam, according to recent estimates from the Department of Homeland Security.

Huckabee, ever on the cutting edge of the immigration forefront (well, at least since he decided there was one) alerts us to a heretofore unheralded problem at the border:

“The fact is the immigration issue is not so much about people coming to pick lettuce or make beds. It’s about people that can come with a shoulder fired missile and can do serious damage and harm to us, and that’s what we need to be worried about. And the unsecure borders that we have pose a real national security threat.”

That whole fence thing suddenly starts to make more sense. Going to be damn hard to scale with an FIM 92-Stinger strapped to your back
http://firedoglake.com/2007/12/28/someone-get-huck-a-map/

["The Huckster is not only a religious fanatic, but he's uneducated as well. Some would say those things go hand in hand." Popeye]

Obviously! And his followers are pretty stupid too. I won't say uneducated. The fundies have been immunized against learning. They get an education, but it doesn't 'take'.

heyjude wrote, "I could not say this better than Ignatius did. He is right. And religion is not needed for freedom. Most European countries are very free and secular."

Most European countries? Do you know what's happening in Europe right now? They are becoming more godless and sinful by the minute. You think we should model ourselves after Europe! Which Christian nation rebuilt Europe you fool? Where would Eurpoe be now if it weren't for the Christians of America? I hope your just naive (cuz we can fix that) but if your not then I think you're a traitor and a disgrace to this country and it's founding fathers.

It has been reported that 27 of our nation’s 56 founding fathers had Christian seminary degrees!

AUDIO LISTEN (More information at the 1:44 minute mark):
http://media.coralridge.org/meta/ttt/ram/TTT041005.ram

Could you imagine what the general public would have done with you had you proclaimed, "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross," during the 1700's, 1800's, and early 1900's? You have a lot of nerve. This nation was founded on the blood of men who loved that cross and the laws and freedom that allow you type your warped opinion originate from the values of that cross.

This so-called "constitutional separation of church and state." No where in the US constitution is this mentioned, nor even the words "separation", "church", or "state". That phrase was started by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to a friend in which he explained that the church must be protected from the state (not the other way) in order to ensure freedom of religion. And this idea the state (and therefore public schools) must be free of Christian influence - what do people think this nation and its government, laws, and ethics were founded on?! Does the phrase "In G-d We Trust" sound familiar? You'd think that that phrase being on American currency would be against the "separation of church and state" and a blatent violation of the public's right not to be exposed to anything pertaining to Christianity.

People like you, the secularists, the athiests, and the others who hate God, have twisted Thomas Jefferson's letter to say something it never meant, because "In God You don't Trust".

Did you know that most of the colleges in the United States that started over 300 years ago were Bible-proclaiming schools originally.

Harvard is apparently the oldest ongoing university in the United States. Harvard produced a number of our founding fathers, including John Quincy Adams, John Hancock, John Adams, and Samuel Adams.

Harvard's original stated purpose for its students was: "To be plainly instructed and consider well that the main end of your life and studies is to know God and Jesus Christ...." One requirement of students was that "Everyone shall so exercise himself in reading the Scriptures twice a day that he shall be able to give an account of his proficiency therein."

Yale also produced many founding fathers, men like Noah Webster, William Samuel Johnson, Abraham Baldwin. One of Yale's requirements for its students read as follows: "Seeing that God is the giver of all wisdom, every student, besides his private and secret prayer, will be present morning and evening for public prayer."

Princeton, founded in 1746, produced people like James Madison, Benjamin Rush and John Witherspoon. What was the philosophy of an institution that produced so many national leaders? Princeton's founding statement was, "Cursed is all learning that is contrary to the cross of Christ."

Now look at your Universities when God was removed from American education – an infestation of liberal nut cases like YOU who favor America’s enemies over America itself! (ie, Iran’s president Ahmadinnerjacket’s invitation at Columbia University to speak – they clapped and cheered him on!!).

John Jay, one of America’s founding fathers said:

“Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation, to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.”

(John Jay, The Correspondence and Public Papers of John Jay, Henry P. Johnston, ed. (New York: G.P. Putnams Sons, 1890), Vol. IV, p. 365.)

It grieves me people such as yourself who don’t care about America as a Christian nation anymore. I’m sure some of you are nice people, but America is in trouble. Everybody wants God out and something else in. We have reached the day which the prophet had in mind when he wrote, “Woe unto them who call evil, good, and good, evil.” (Isaiah 5:20)

Most European countries? Do you know what's happening in Europe right now? They are becoming more godless and sinful by the minute.

Good for them.

You think we should model ourselves after Europe! Which Christian nation rebuilt Europe you fool? Where would Eurpoe be now if it weren't for the Christians of America? I hope your just naive (cuz we can fix that) but if your not then I think you're a traitor and a disgrace to this country and it's founding fathers.

Cool it with the personal attacks. You've already been spoken to about this and if you don't start respecting other posters and their opinions we'll show you the proverbial door.

Could you imagine what the general public would have done with you had you proclaimed, "When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross," during the 1700's, 1800's, and early 1900's? You have a lot of nerve. This nation was founded on the blood of men who loved that cross and the laws and freedom that allow you type your warped opinion originate from the values of that cross.

If you'd proclaimed that when fascism comes to American it will be wrapped in the flag, carrying a cross," during the 1700's, 1800's, and early 1900's, you'd probably be lynched. And yet it is from the people who would resort to lynching that heyjude's freedom to post secular comments from...?

This so-called "constitutional separation of church and state." No where in the US constitution is this mentioned, nor even the words "separation", "church", or "state".

And if someone mentioned a "constitutional" separation of church and state I missed it, making this a perfect example of a Straw Man argument.

That phrase was started by Thomas Jefferson in a letter to a friend in which he explained that the church must be protected from the state (not the other way) in order to ensure freedom of religion.

The letter was to a church, not an individual, if memory serves.

You're interpreting what he said, too. If I might offer my own insight, based on your feelings on the matter: I'd only like to remind you that walls go both ways.

And this idea the state (and therefore public schools) must be free of Christian influence - what do people think this nation and its government, laws, and ethics were founded on?! Does the phrase "In G-d We Trust" sound familiar? You'd think that that phrase being on American currency would be against the "separation of church and state" and a blatent violation of the public's right not to be exposed to anything pertaining to Christianity.

One step at a time.

People like you, the secularists, the athiests, and the others who hate God, have twisted Thomas Jefferson's letter to say something it never meant, because "In God You don't Trust".

And people like you seem to believe they have a monopoly on the truth.

Harvard's original stated purpose for its students was: "To be plainly instructed and consider well that the main end of your life and studies is to know God and Jesus Christ...." One requirement of students was that "Everyone shall so exercise himself in reading the Scriptures twice a day that he shall be able to give an account of his proficiency therein."

So that's how it started out. The United States itself started out only along the east coast. Things change.

Now look at your Universities when God was removed from American education – an infestation of liberal nut cases like YOU who favor America’s enemies over America itself! (ie, Iran’s president Ahmadinnerjacket’s invitation at Columbia University to speak – they clapped and cheered him on!!).

Again with the blatant personal attacks. COOL OFF.

“Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation, to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.”

(John Jay, The Correspondence and Public Papers of John Jay, Henry P. Johnston, ed. (New York: G.P. Putnams Sons, 1890), Vol. IV, p. 365.)

And you don't see anything contradictory there? "Go ahead and choose - so long as you choose the right people!"

vyo476 wrote, "Cool it with the personal attacks... if you don't start respecting other posters and their opinions we'll show you the proverbial door."

My intention is not to personally attack anyone. Jesus said, "Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind. This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like unto it, Thou shalt love thy neighbour as thyself." Matthew 22:37-40

As Christians we try to follow the so-called Golden rule of conduct:

"Judge not, that ye be not judged." Matthew 7:1

But, at the same time all through the Bible God calls people fools, brutish, simple, perverse, scorners, wicked, etc.

You've had people calling Huckabee a religious fanatic, and a nut. Others posting that religious fundamentalism inhibits progress in the nation, and helps keep us in darkness. That Christians are raving mad, and still more posters tying fascism to the cross Christ died on.

AND YOUR ACCUSING ME OF PERSONAL ATTACKS?

John Jay, one of the founding fathers said, “Providence has given to our people the choice of their rulers, and it is the duty, as well as the privilege and interest of our Christian nation, to select and prefer Christians for their rulers.”

vyo476 wrote "And you don't see anything contradictory there? "Go ahead and choose - so long as you choose the right people!"

John Jay also America's first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, once received a letter inquiring from him whether it was permissible for a Christian to vote for an unGodly candidate. Jay responded:

"Whether our religion permits Christians to vote for infidel rulers is a question which merits more consideration than it seems yet to have generally received either from the clergy or the laity. It appears to me that what the prophet said to Jehoshaphat about his attachment to Ahab ("Shouldest thou help the ungodly and love them that hate the Lord?" 2 Chronicles 19:2) affords a salutary lesson."

Well, I think I will just leave this forum. From my point of view this is a free country and everyone has a right to think and live the way we want unless you are breaking the law, what worries me is this idea that God doesn't exist or He won't judge this nation depending on it's actions.

In 1787 Benjamin Franklin said, “I have lived, Sir, a long time and the longer I live the more convincing proofs I see of this truth - that God governs the affairs of men - and if a sparrow cannot fall to the ground without his notice, is it probable that an empire can rise without his aid? We have been assured, Sir, in the sacred writings that “except the Lord build the house, they labor in vain that build it.” I firmly believe this.”

I believe that too.

However, many of you don't:

The Day They Kicked God out of the Schools
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o9uNtvFSxYM

Goodbye. I will pray for all of you. Here is my tribute to the American Founding Fathers.

PLAY VIDEO (4 minutes)
http://www.interviewwithgod.com/patriotic/patrioticwebstream.swf

My intention is not to personally attack anyone.

Then don't make comments like these:

I think you're a traitor and a disgrace to this country and it's founding fathers.

And we'll be fine, at least as far as the forum rules are concerned.

You've had people calling Huckabee a religious fanatic, and a nut. Others posting that religious fundamentalism inhibits progress in the nation, and helps keep us in darkness. That Christians are raving mad, and still more posters tying fascism to the cross Christ died on.

AND YOUR ACCUSING ME OF PERSONAL ATTACKS?

If you have a problem with my interpretation of the forum rules, you're more than welcome to take it up with one of the other moderators.

John Jay also America's first Chief Justice of the Supreme Court, once received a letter inquiring from him whether it was permissible for a Christian to vote for an unGodly candidate. Jay responded:

"Whether our religion permits Christians to vote for infidel rulers is a question which merits more consideration than it seems yet to have generally received either from the clergy or the laity. It appears to me that what the prophet said to Jehoshaphat about his attachment to Ahab ("Shouldest thou help the ungodly and love them that hate the Lord?" 2 Chronicles 19:2) affords a salutary lesson."

And that doesn't answer the question.

Well, I think I will just leave this forum. From my point of view this is a free country and everyone has a right to think and live the way we want unless you are breaking the law, what worries me is this idea that God doesn't exist or He won't judge this nation depending on it's actions.

Fine. Nice having you.

Believing or not believing in religion has nothing to do with one's moral behavior.

"Christians" who were slave owners only 150 years ago had no problem receiving moral sanction from their churches. Society dictates the moral standards, not the religions. Usury was an excommuncable offense for the first 1,000 years of the Catholic Church. Then society changed, and the Church did a 180.

I look forward to the day that United States is freed from its religious chains, which drag it down in so many ways.

Bottom Line-Huckabee is a religious nut, who lobbied to get a convicted rapist released (Wayne Dumond) who then went on to commit murder.

That piece by Limbaugh was not an attack on Huckabee, but an attack on the "liberal, drive by" media (meaning any media except his "EIB network" and on the "liberals", meaning Democrats and anyone else who doesn't agree with Limbaugh's point of view. What he is saying is that the "they", meaning the above groups, want Huckabee to be nominated so that they can use him as a boogie man to scare people into voting for the Democratic candidate.

I'm afraid that Popeye has just lent some credence to Limbaugh's rant by calling Huckabee a "religious nut." What were Limbaugh's words, that it scares the pants off of "them" that GWB is a religious man, and that they want to have someone like Bush (i.e., religious) to run against? Something like that.

Huckabee is not Bush, and his religious views don't scare me at all. I don't agree with those views, but I more or less do agree with his political views. We aren't electing a pastor, anyway.

Limbaugh kind of does scare me, since it seems that there are people out there that take him seriously.

Are you one of "them", the "they" that Limbaugh is ranting against, Popeye? Come to think of it, I don't think so. I believe that you would vote Democratic regardless of who the Republican nominee might be. Am I wrong?

I find it interesting how the likes of Rust Limbaugh has any pull on the actual voters. Id like to see him get off the soap box and put his own character through a political campaign, because he would be so ridiculed he would need to move to Cuba to relieve himself of the embarrassment that would come to him and his family.

Huckabee won an amazing victory in Iowa. I dont think anyone will discount that. He is far from wrapping up the nomination, but took a huge first leap in it.
Is it possible that the ones who vote in the GOP are sick and tired of the crotchety corrupt bastards that pollute the party now? Huckabee as I have said before is more or less the Evangelical version of Bill Clinton. What happened to GWB bringing back Reagan conservatism? Lies Lies Lies.

Personally, I think if the GOP wants to have any shot at the President in 08, McCain is thier only option. Otherwise, American will vote for the Jackass mascot itself over any of the other GOP candidates.

Werbung:
I find it interesting how the likes of Rust Limbaugh has any pull on the actual voters. Id like to see him get off the soap box and put his own character through a political campaign, because he would be so ridiculed he would need to move to Cuba to relieve himself of the embarrassment that would come to him and his family.

It is interesting, isn't it? Yet, he does seem to have a lot of pull. In a fair debate, in which he would be ridiculed for straw man arguments, circular arguments, ignoring facts, and simply labeling anything he disagrees with as "liberal", he would be easily defeated by a high school debate team.

Huckabee won an amazing victory in Iowa. I dont think anyone will discount that. He is far from wrapping up the nomination, but took a huge first leap in it.
Is it possible that the ones who vote in the GOP are sick and tired of the crotchety corrupt bastards that pollute the party now? Huckabee as I have said before is more or less the Evangelical version of Bill Clinton. What happened to GWB bringing back Reagan conservatism? Lies Lies Lies.

This member of the GOP is sick and tired of the crotchety corrupt bastards that pollute the party now, especially of the latest successful candidate for the presidency. He sold out the party to the statists and the neocons.

Personally, I think if the GOP wants to have any shot at the President in 08, McCain is thier only option. Otherwise, American will vote for the Jackass mascot itself over any of the other GOP candidates.

I'm not so sure that Romney couldn't beat whoever the Democrats nominate, nor would I dismiss Huckabee as a possible winner. The Dems are running lightweights in this campaign.

Back