Schools equate Christianity to Terrorism

I'm referring to the Roman Inquisitions.

Why didn't you mention that when I talked about the Moorish conquest of Spain? That should've been a tip-off that I was talking about the Spanish Inquisition.

At any rate, I don't dispute that the inquisitions were a bad time for Christianity. What I do dispute is that it has any relevance to now. Muslims of antiquity were roughly as wretched as Christians, and unlike the vast majority of Christendom, remain so today.

I'm not saying he's worse; I'm saying that, as a supporter of their actions, he is on par with them.

I can't say I've kept up with Pat Robertson much over the years, but I'm pretty sure, given by the media circus surrounding his remarks about Chavez, that he never praised men who kidnap, kill, and impress children into sexual slavery.

Who just happens to have financially and politically supported such dictators as Charles Taylor and Mobutu Seko and has publicly advocated the detonation of a nuke at the State Department.

Hello? This is still a far cry from the "exhorting his followers to violence" of which you have accused him, and of which Islamic imams are guilty (and worse).

Is it? He's escaped prosecution before as a result of his campaign contributions to Virginia Attorney General Mark Earley.

For sleazy campaign fundraising tactics, not sending his minions abroad to kill the subjects of foreign governments.

Pat robinson is a great example here. His words and his beliefs are heavily followed by many people, he supports, while remaining removed, christian terrorism. I do fear...I do I do

Have you considered the possibility that it's because public schools indulge in cheap publicity stunts like these?

Werbung:
Muslims of antiquity were roughly as wretched as Christians, and unlike the vast majority of Christendom, remain so today.

Hardly. The Muslims of antiquity were capable of living side-by-side with members of opposing religions. Take Jerusalem for example, Muslims and Jews lived together in relative harmony. Unfortunately for them, the Crusades happened.

Hello? This is still a far cry from the "exhorting his followers to violence" of which you have accused him, and of which Islamic imams are guilty (and worse).

You don't consider calling for the detonation of a nuke at the State Department to be, in YOUR words, "exhorting his followers to violence"? Do you even know who Charles Taylor and Mobutu Seko are?

For sleazy campaign fundraising tactics, not sending his minions abroad to kill the subjects of foreign governments.

No, for funding Charles Taylor.

Werbung:
Are we talking about the same Inquisition? As far as I can tell, its scope was limited almost entirely by religious considerations, even insofar as the prohibition of books was concerned.

The justification was almost entirely to drive Muslims (and the Jews who supposedly backed them) from Spain in the aftermath of its reconquest. Only later did it branch out to include "heretical" Christians -- Protestants, mystics, bigamists, etc. -- and their works.

And of course it's worth noting that the pope of the time was pressured into sanctioning the Spanish Inquisition by Ferdinand, strongly criticized its excesses, and at one point issued a papal bull to stop it.

You know this qoute and the one that started the post about the Inquisition being created to drive the Muslims out of Spain are both wrong and show an absence of historical knowledge.

The Inquisition was created by the Vatican to conduct investigations (Inquisition: Latin=Investigation) into heretical cults in southern France in the late 12th Century. In the early 13th century, the Pope took control of it and declared a Crusade against the Cathars in the area around Albi in southern France. The Albigensian Crusade. Christians killing other Christians.

The interesting thing to note is what belief made the Cathars heretical. They believed that they world is divided into two parts: the material world of sin and evil and the immaterial world of god. They were killed for believing what most Christians believe today.

Another interesting side note: the Albigensian Crusade began the tradition of burning heretics at the stake.

Back