Self Reliance - Less Govt - We need to wake up!

chestnut

When we work, we are trading our time for compensation. That time spent working takes us away from our families, it may put is in harms way, it takes away from the leisurely events or actions we may want to participate in.

There are facts of our community who refuse to work, and then receive welfare, By receiving compensation, which is bore from the labors of those working, for not doing anything is a form of slavery.

America needs to get back to when people were willing to be responsible for themselves and their families. We need to understand that we need to be self-reliant.

What many do not understand that if the govt can give, it can take it away.
This dependency is what our politicians are trying to get the American people to embrace.

For the govt, it means, they only have to promise to give whatever, or punish/tax whomever, to ensure they get elected.

Our country is greatest nation, not by people depending on the govt, but by people that work hard and understand they have to teach their children to do the same.

We need to realize, the more we rely on the govt, the less freedoms we will have. The govt will make sure of that.

Werbung:
In Tudor England, there were these groups that would go around and look for any able bodied men who did not have a job.

The group would harangue these men because obviously if you were able then you could get a job.

For their part, they didn't have the economic knowledge we have.

When we work, we are trading our time for compensation. That time spent working takes us away from our families, it may put is in harms way, it takes away from the leisurely events or actions we may want to participate in.

There are facts of our community who refuse to work, and then receive welfare, By receiving compensation, which is bore from the labors of those working, for not doing anything is a form of slavery.

America needs to get back to when people were willing to be responsible for themselves and their families. We need to understand that we need to be self-reliant.

What many do not understand that if the govt can give, it can take it away.
This dependency is what our politicians are trying to get the American people to embrace.

For the govt, it means, they only have to promise to give whatever, or punish/tax whomever, to ensure they get elected.

Our country is greatest nation, not by people depending on the govt, but by people that work hard and understand they have to teach their children to do the same.

We need to realize, the more we rely on the govt, the less freedoms we will have. The govt will make sure of that.

The same applies to the corporations that have taken TARP money and also people need to quit using the Tax loopholes to get out of paying their fair share of taxes. Do away with offshore accounts and sending money overseas to private banks to hide their so called "Hard earned money" Why hide it if you say you earned it?

They hide it because , right now, they can.

What doesn't make sense is why we have a system, that basically, forces people to take actions like hiding and lying about money they earned. Taxing earnings seems so regressive. Work work work, and give give give. It never made sense to me to tax people on what they worked for.

The loopholes would be gone if we do away with the tax code alltogether and go for the Fair Tax.
When the money is spent it is taxed. That would be huge.

The evil rich people would finally pay their share.

"The loopholes would be gone if we do away with the tax code alltogether and go for the Fair Tax. When the money is spent it is taxed. That would be huge."

You're right, it would be huge. It would be a huge burdon on anyone other than coroporations and the super wealthy. Judging from your rambling, and mainly incoherent post you're certainly not among that group now, nor likely to be in the future.

It's a pipe dream. Let it go.

It's only a pipe dream if people like you continue to believe so, he's got some fundamental issues with his solution but you get the general idea of what he's trying to get at, the system we're governed under has been flawed for a very long time.

Yeah, and who's better-prepared (for that), than Dead-O-Heads, Freepers, Tea-Baggers, Deathers & Oathers??

moran.jpg

They hide it because , right now, they can.

What doesn't make sense is why we have a system, that basically, forces people to take actions like hiding and lying about money they earned. Taxing earnings seems so regressive. Work work work, and give give give. It never made sense to me to tax people on what they worked for.
....And, people actually wonder why our infrastructure is goin'-to-crap (when there are people, like you, running-loose)????

:rolleyes:

The loopholes would be gone if we do away with the tax code alltogether and go for the Fair Tax.
When the money is spent it is taxed. That would be huge.
You're right, it would be huge. It would be a huge burdon on anyone other than coroporations and the super wealthy. Judging from your rambling, and mainly incoherent post you're certainly not among that group now, nor likely to be in the future.
People, like chestnut, are in for a serious-shock, once they move-outta Mom's & Dad's house....and, (actually) start supporting themselves.

....And, people actually wonder why our infrastructure is goin'-to-crap (when there are people, like you, running-loose)????

Seriously Shaman, you didn't understand the concept of what I was talking about.

Taxing people because they are productive is insane. The more productive you are, the better job you do, the harder you work, the more you are taxed.

Surely you can see that this is a no win situation for the people that work, and of course a win win for those that want to take those taxes from them.

If not, then you may as well not reply to this post, because you would show your inability to understand simple concepts.

I hope I'm not confusing you.

People, like chestnut, are in for a serious-shock, once they move-outta Mom's & Dad's house....and, (actually) start supporting themselves.

So tell me Greco,

How old were you when you moved out? Huh? 20 - 21?
When did you start your 1st business? Or are you still working for someone else, having to cow tow to someone superior to you.

How many people have you employed, and in turn, helped the economy?

Or are you just one of those liberals that are mad that the people that worked hard, are getting tired of the govt ripping them off? !!

Werbung:
So tell me Greco,

How old were you when you moved out? Huh? 20 - 21?

I was eighteen and headed off to college. I left college after my sophmore year, spent time in the U.S. Army, returned to college then started my career and family.

When did you start your 1st business?

My career was predominantly in the broadcast industry. I managed radio and television stations, and sports networks. In 1982 I started my own company and built a broadcast corporation. Since that time I've owned five other companies, four of which I started. In 2000 I sold my company, and have been semi-retired since then.

Or are you still working for someone else, having to cow tow to someone superior to you.

Even during the time I was a corporate officer, working for someone else, I never had to "cow tow". While I had "superiors", those I reported to, I was employed because I could accomplish objectives. As an employer, I always tried to find and recruit employees that were "superior" to me. I've never been intimidated by strong individuals.

How many people have you employed, and in turn, helped the economy?

Interesting question, one I'd never really thought about before. My best guess would be somewhere around 500 different individuals have worked for me at some time. The majority of those were great producers, earned well above average incomes and are still in the industry, so I would consider them "helping the economy".

Or are you just one of those liberals that are mad that the people that worked hard, are getting tired of the govt ripping them off? !!

Nope. But I also don't accept your premise, and recognize it as another of your uninformed distortions you're so free to spew out.

Back