Should marijuana be legalized?

Should we legalize it?

• Yes

Votes: 52 73.2%
  • No

Votes: 19 26.8%

• Total voters
I would wholeheartedly support banning alcohol. I just don't think it's fair to people who want to smoke pot that such a harmless drug is illegal and a harmful drug (alcohol) is legal. By harmless and harmful I mean to other people, not to oneself.

First off I support legalizing marijuana.

But here is where I think you go wrong. When you say harmless to other people not to oneself, there is no such thing.
Because if you harm yourself the hospital has to take you and if you can't pay then other people's taxes pay for that or else the hospital raises prices to compensate.

Werbung:
Hell No...why waste time legalizing something and its everywhere. It stinks
to people who can't stand the smell, and the majority of the weedheads
don't give a damn where they smoke it.
By me being for the old school days we used to (they still do) grow the
weed in the backyard or in a flower pot in the front yard. I had a buddy
who had a 8 foot marijuana tree growing in his front yard, until one day
it caught on fire, and got the entire neighborhood high.

Each to his own however I do not think that weed should be legalized.

First off I support legalizing marijuana.

But here is where I think you go wrong. When you say harmless to other people not to oneself, there is no such thing.
Because if you harm yourself the hospital has to take you and if you can't pay then other people's taxes pay for that or else the hospital raises prices to compensate.

I meant physically harmful, but that's a good point. I still think the benefits outweigh the risks however.

Hell No...why waste time legalizing something and its everywhere. It stinks
to people who can't stand the smell,

So do cigarettes. Do you support banning those?

OldSchool Politician said:
and the majority of the weedheads
don't give a damn where they smoke it.

That's not true. Marijuana etiquette requires that one asks for permission before smoking. Anyone who doesn't is, and you may quote me on this, a douche bag and would never get weed from me. I can't take away your apparent bad experiences with this, so I'm sorry on behalf of the entire marijuana smoking community.

By me being for the old school days we used to (they still do) grow the
weed in the backyard or in a flower pot in the front yard. I had a buddy
who had a 8 foot marijuana tree growing in his front yard, until one day
it caught on fire, and got the entire neighborhood high.

LOL hilarious

Each to his own however I do not think that weed should be legalized.

What about alcohol? Before I argue with you I want to know where you stand about those. Making it illegal is fine with me, but keeping it legal and marijuana not is very unfair.

Just to weigh in on this one for a moment,

Yes I support legalization.
The absurd "War on Drugs" has been a complete folly - particularly as regards pot.

What about alcohol? Before I argue with you I want to know where you stand about those. Making it illegal is fine with me, but keeping it legal and marijuana not is very unfair.

I know you weren't talking to me, but you're fine with making alcohol illegal ?
Does history not but teach us somtihng about that ?

So do cigarettes. Do you support banning those?

That's not true. Marijuana etiquette requires that one asks for permission before smoking. Anyone who doesn't is, and you may quote me on this, a douche bag and would never get weed from me. I can't take away your apparent bad experiences with this, so I'm sorry on behalf of the entire marijuana smoking community.

LOL hilarious

To answer your first question? I don't care if they are banned or not.
Like the Cigarette ad said...The breath you save is your own.
Ask permission to smoke a joint? hahaha. Bad Expereinces? The only
bad experiences I had was raiding the refrig, or eatting a box of corn
flakes, and a Milky Ways candy bar. (You know what I mean)?

To me Alcohol is just as bad, due to the fact that alcohol is a downer,
and it makes your breath smell like S**t. Frankly I stop during drugs
(including weed),alcohol, and I don't smoke. So I will tell anyone...if
you love your life like I love mine....stop f***ing with it all.

One of the most respectable economist of all time seemed to think we shouldn't just legalize marijuana but that we in fact needed to legalize pretty much every drug. Here is a video of Milton Friedman discussing the matter:

(Direct link to video)

I know you weren't talking to me, but you're fine with making alcohol illegal ?
Does history not but teach us somtihng about that ?

I don't really care if it's made illegal. But if you're talking about prohibition, marijuana is creating the same situation, and legalizing it would be for the best. I just don't think it's fair that alcohol, which is a very dangerous drug compared to marijuana, is legal and weed is not.

To answer your first question? I don't care if they are banned or not.
Like the Cigarette ad said...The breath you save is your own.

You said that marijuana stinks to everyone else, but so do cigarettes. So that reason for keeping pot illegal is eliminated, right?

Ask permission to smoke a joint? hahaha. Bad Expereinces? The only
bad experiences I had was raiding the refrig, or eatting a box of corn
flakes, and a Milky Ways candy bar. (You know what I mean)?

Why should the government step in with personal preference issues though?

And yes, I know what you mean lol

To me Alcohol is just as bad, due to the fact that alcohol is a downer,
and it makes your breath smell like S**t. Frankly I stop during drugs
(including weed),alcohol, and I don't smoke. So I will tell anyone...if
you love your life like I love mine....stop f***ing with it all.

Alcohol is much worse because it impairs you way more. It still amazes me how many deaths result from alcohol every year. Pot doesn't result in many deaths, and in he ones it does cause it's usually coupled with alcohol. As for your suggestion to stop smoking weed, I find that it's a great way to relax and have fun without messing me up. I don't drink because of how bad it is for your body, but weed isn't that bad if you use the right smoking device.

So why do you think it should be illegal?

One of the most respectable economist of all time seemed to think we shouldn't just legalize marijuana but that we in fact needed to legalize pretty much every drug. Here is a video of Milton Friedman discussing the matter:

(Direct link to video)

I really don't have time to watch that but if you want to basically sum it up I would reply to it. I'll bookmark it for some other time though.

Well its been a while since I watched it myself but he does bring up the prohibition and how it had a negative effect. He discusses how many prisoners today might have been reputable citizens if it wasn't because they are considered criminals under the current system. Addicts could seek help without fearing imprisonment. He also talks about how regulation of drugs would make drugs a lot safer since part of the problem today is that many drugs are not "pure". He then goes on to argue how stronger and more dangerous drugs are being developed BECAUSE of illegality (i.e crack cocaine).

While his argument is quite economically sound, I wonder what else would emerge after all drugs are legalized. I mean, there are many people who are always looking to be "on the edge" of things and those people would probably want something else that is not legal.

Werbung:
Well its been a while since I watched it myself but he does bring up the prohibition and how it had a negative effect. He discusses how many prisoners today might have been reputable citizens if it wasn't because they are considered criminals under the current system. Addicts could seek help without fearing imprisonment. He also talks about how regulation of drugs would make drugs a lot safer since part of the problem today is that many drugs are not "pure". He then goes on to argue how stronger and more dangerous drugs are being developed BECAUSE of illegality (i.e crack cocaine).

While his argument is quite economically sound, I wonder what else would emerge after all drugs are legalized. I mean, there are many people who are always looking to be "on the edge" of things and those people would probably want something else that is not legal.

Hearing this I think I would agree with him, especially the bolded sentence.

To your last paragraph, I agree, but it doesn't really matter then if we legalize drugs or not, because they will always look for illegal things. Maybe then they will move away from drugs and toward crime or something, so there would be drawbacks.

Back