Single Mom, Sorry: Is it Ever OK to Leave an Excuse Instead of a Tip?

You come on here and often say that others do not care about others. You are proven wrong time and time again. And this time I don't even get what you are trying to say. Are you saying that I would tip waitresses BECAUSE I don't care about others? That makes no sense.

I think that these constant accusations that specific individuals here don't care about others just might be a personal attack.

if you are not liberal then you by default do not care.

if you feel it is an attack you can report it.

Werbung:
if you are not liberal then you by default do not care.

if you feel it is an attack you can report it.

If I feel (rather than think) can I not also just appeal to that person's ethics and hope that he is persuaded? Alternatively mightn't someone else make the report if they disagree with my hope and instead want justice?

If enough people don't tip, then the restaurant won't be able to hire anyone, and that will just increase YOUR bill at the check-out. Some restaurants have already started adding a 20% surcharge in lieu of tipping.

Customers are already challenging this. Read here what the customer did when resturant 17% gratuity surcharge

http://frugivoremag.com/2012/05/black-woman-locked-in-restaurant-after-refusing-to-tip-poor-service/

Its against the law to force person to pay gratuity surcharge tips. Go ahead CALL COPS! Theyre laugh right in your face and tell you have a good night and leave.

Here are your rights,,AS A CONSUMER!
http://en.allexperts.com/q/Consumer-Rights-1660/Forced-restaurant-gratuity-threatened.htm
STAND UP TO THEM!

1. You should have refused the gratuity at the beginning by crossing it off the slip when signing!

2. I have only heard of mandatory tipping for large parties.

3. The police cannot do anything after the fact. You could have refused the bill altogether and they would have called the police who would have shown up and probably told the owner or manager they can't do what they did.

4. Call your local newspaper or TV station; they love these types of things.

5. Dispute it with your bank as soon as it posts. Who knows, maybe only the one WITHOUT the tip will post and you will be in the clear.

6. If the one with mandatory tip posts to your account, file a complaint with Visa or MasterCard about this restaurant. They could lose their contract over such a thing:

You come on here and often say that others do not care about others. You are proven wrong time and time again. And this time I don't even get what you are trying to say. Are you saying that I would tip waitresses BECAUSE I don't care about others? That makes no sense.

I think that these constant accusations that specific individuals here don't care about others just might be a personal attack.

Think what you want...But just keep saying your being against people having health care ...is caring about them.

Do you really not see this distinction:

1) I donate $10,000 to the charity of the my choice

and

2) I am forced to pay $10,000 to a charity that I have no interest in.

When you bitch about 15 cents on your pizza to let the guy who makes it for you have health care...then it shows a lack of Humanity and caring. And I don't care if you have any interest in others having health care...I care about them having health care.

When you bitch about 15 cents on your pizza to let the guy who makes it for you have health care...then it shows a lack of Humanity and caring. And I don't care if you have any interest in others having health care...I care about them having health care.

I don't buy Papa John's pizza -- I have not once complained about their prices. They are free to charge whatever they want, and anyone is free to not buy the pizza etc.

You are correct however, I don't want to pay for everyone's healthcare.

You've upped the anti from 7 cents to 15 cents? I wonder how much that pizza is gonna cost by the time this thread expires or you get to a realistic increase.

@ 15 cents per pizza, a 30 hr a week employee would have to sell 89 pizzas an hour to cover the cost of their healthcare. Of course they would have to sell a lot more than that to cover the costs for the cooks, janitors, delivery people etc.

Think what you want...But just keep saying your being against people having health care ...is caring about them.

health care and health insurance and gov run universal health insurance are all very different.

I am not at all against people having health care. I am very much in favor of it. Fortunately, every single person in the US has health care.

most of the TEA Party is in favor of a consumption tax. you know, another sales tax.

plenty of sin to go around where it comes to taxes. no point in shitting on wait staff just because of that.

DTO, I'm not 100% certain I'm right about this, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. The majority of those Tea-Partiers suggesting a consumption tax are doing so with the understanding that the tax will replace Income taxes. This would therefore not be a compounding of taxes, simply a change in the way tax is levied.

DTO, I'm not 100% certain I'm right about this, but I'm pretty sure I'm right. The majority of those Tea-Partiers suggesting a consumption tax are doing so with the understanding that the tax will replace Income taxes. This would therefore not be a compounding of taxes, simply a change in the way tax is levied.

exactly so. did not mean to suggedt otherwise. the other sales.taxes represent staye and local ones.

Werbung:
Back