So my parents just got back from Europe

Justinian

My parents went on a cruise in Europe. It started from London England, stopped at Barcelona Spain, Neece France, Rome, and pompeii among other places. The biggest thing My dad said that disturbed him about England was how multicultural London has become. He told me I wouldn't believe it. He said there were more foreigners than natives. Unbelievable. Other than that they saw the complex where the meridian line passes through, the Clocktower, the Tower of london, the crown jewels and all that Jazz. I was dissapointed my father didn't really talk to the British that much but meh, what ya gonna do. Barcelona was very nice too. I believe it was originally Carthago Nova. I think that's the city unless it was originall Tarraco. Anyhow, Rome was beautiful they said but most all of the Roman building are completely levelled. Middle age attractions are more abundant and popular unfortunately. They visited a nice Cathedral, saw the Vatican. They even bumped into the pope. Well, maybe not that last one but they had a good time getting tired on their feet. I would love to go to Europe but I'm afraid it would only bring worry. I suppose it would be better to just concentrate on the astounding history.

Werbung:
Other than that they saw the complex where the meridian line passes through, the Clocktower, the Tower of london, the crown jewels and all that Jazz.

I sincerely hope that the irony of such a strong opponent of multiculturalism using the term "all that jazz" isn't lost on you.

It's been a couple of years since I've been to London but I can't wait to get back. The history is well worth it. For instance, did you know that they intentionally left damage on several buildings from the Nazi fire bomb attacks during the Battle of Britain? Talk about strong monuments. But then, the British love their monuments.

Good for your parents. There's so much to see in London alone that it's well worth the trip. I can't speak for the rest of Europe because I haven't made it there yet - Germany's next on my list - but I'm sure it's the same.

Hmmm

Poking fun, are we? Well, to be honest my friend, I always wanted to go to Europe and probably will someday. I was a little alarmed however to hear that foreigners outnumber natives in England's Capital. My dad said "The way it is, the foreigners could kick the natives out." That's not Multiculturalism, that's cultural destruction, barbarism and social intrusion.

Poking fun, are we? Well, to be honest my friend, I always wanted to go to Europe and probably will someday. I was a little alarmed however to hear that foreigners outnumber natives in England's Capital. My dad said "The way it is, the foreigners could kick the natives out." That's not Multiculturalism, that's cultural destruction, barbarism and social intrusion.

Whatever you say. Still, I know I'd be willing to wade through a sea of people I disliked to see some of the things London has to offer. Do yourself a favor, though. Bring your own food. I ordered a cheeseburger at the hotel I was staying at and it came with some sort of salsa concoction on top...disgusting.

How did your father know that they were more foreigners than British in London? I lived over there for a couple of years and not all British citizens are white. Also London is a huge tourist destination and depending on where you are at there are bound to be more tourists at any given point than dwellers of the city. Please note I am not implying anything negative about your father, just asking how he made this determination.

There are a lot of foreigners, but I don't think your father got out the census and checked if he was actually right. He may have thought there were more foreigners than natives, but it doesn't mean its true. Was he walking through Hackney or something like that?

And as someone else mentioned, its a tourist destanation, so its going to be full of foreigners like your father, he was technically another foreigner. Anyway, I'm going to London sometime this week for a day trip, so I'll tell you whats what from my perspective.

Did he go to Camden? Thats real culture for you.

Hmm

When you're walking around all day in a city, you get an idea of the demographic integrity of it. I live right by NYC and when I go to Times Square, thank God it's still mostly Anglos that go there. My dad would plainly see the difference. He said I wouldn't believe it and he's probably right. You see all this started around the time my Father was growing up. I suppose it shocked him to see how shallow and worn British culture has become.

When you're walking around all day in a city, you get an idea of the demographic integrity of it. I live right by NYC and when I go to Times Square, thank God it's still mostly Anglos that go there. My dad would plainly see the difference. He said I wouldn't believe it and he's probably right. You see all this started around the time my Father was growing up. I suppose it shocked him to see how shallow and worn British culture has become.

You foreginers have no right to talk about British culture on an international forum. No right at all.

Right.

new_yorker.gif

Werbung:
Back