So what can we do about Global Warming?

Reducing the human-caused portion of global warming is a good idea... but it is far from being all we must do. The process is irreversible... It can only be slowed to the point that we can catch up.
To catch up we must deal with the problems... dying crops from change in environment and flooding from rise of oceans.

The ice has melted back over 2,000 miles and sea levels have risen almost 1000 feet. Exactly what do you think that we can do to stave off such a warming trend?

The earth is going to warm to a mean average of close to 22degrees C whether we like it or not because that is what it does. If you look at the history of the earth, the very existance of ice is the anomoly, not the norm.

Werbung:
If the jury is in, and has found that CO2 is guilty, then the jury has completely disregarded the physical evidence. There isn't a single bit of physical, observable, evidence that shows that CO2 is responsible for raising the earth's temperature. Every bit of evidence collected, shows clearly that rising CO2 levels lag behind temperature increases.

We are in the relatively early stages of a natural warming cycle that will eventually melt the ice at both poles. When this warming period began, glaciers extended over most of the northern hemisphere. Tell me, Mr. Judge and jury, exactly who was responsible for melting the ice back over 2000 miles before we ever got out of the bronze age?

Yes, I've read that same opinion expressed on several occasions. Just like your post, there never is any credible backup, just a factless opinion.

Yes, I've read that same opinion expressed on several occasions. Just like your post, there never is any credible backup, just a factless opinion.

And you have never taken the time to actually check to see if it is true? You just assume that it is based on nothing? Is your failure to do even the smallest bit of research due to your being incredibly lazy or do you lack the intellectual wattage necessary to do even the simplest of searches? Here. It took about 3 minutes to come up with these.

http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO2ScienceB2C/articles/V6/N26/EDIT.jsp

http://motls.blogspot.com/2007/04/co2-lags-temperature-how-alarmists.html

http://www.tcsdaily.com/article.aspx?id=010405M

http://www.rocketscientistsjournal.com/2006/10/co2_acquittal.html

http://www.cgfi.org/materials/articles/2003/july_21_03.htm

http://www.co2science.org/scripts/CO2ScienceB2C/articles/V8/N48/EDIT.jsp

If you need more, I can provide literally dozens of articles.

the pompus azz once again resorts to insults and rant.
whats the matter pale cant formulate reponses that dont include arrogant demeaning insults? always the kettle calling the pot black with you eh?

some things will never change eh

whats the matter pale cant formulate reponses that dont include arrogant demeaning insults? always the kettle calling the pot black with you eh?

Roker, please try to refrain from posting unless it is going to contribute to the discussion.

Seriously, if you're not going to add something meaningful, then don't post.. Otherwise, I'm going to have to delete your posts in order to prevent you from derailing every thread you touch.

Note, that I didn't resort to insulting him in lieu of making a valid argument as you and your alter ego roker do. I provided information that substantiates my point and goaded him for not taking the initiative to do some research on his own. That is called gamesmanship and is a perfectly valid tactic even in formal debate. I believe that people who are forever asking for information rather than taking the time to look it up on their own are genuinely stupid. As I recall, you are one who pipes up asking for links rather than researching on your own.

Seriously, if you're not going to add something meaningful, then don't post.. Otherwise, I'm going to have to delete your posts in order to prevent you from derailing every thread you touch.

You are asking too much of him. He is doing what he is capable of.

as are you.........................

lots of hot wind and opinion not much fact though and a whole lot of name calling and insults

its your game pale everyone knows it i have peeps who come here just to read you arrogant tripe filled rants your somewhat of an illigitimate celebrity

i wasnt the one in the thread who was as usual insulting someone when i couldnt come up with a worthy reply\thats your whole game pale .....you have demonstrated it time and time again

and when it gets too hot for you................you conviently dissappear until people have lost interest on waiting for your responses ...you think your all that and thats where it ends YOU THINK is the key in that statement

carry on insult king

Well...to be fair, I don't think "disappear" is a fair assessment. He kept on with the debate on stemcell research...and while I disagreed with his stance - he made good arguments which I was eventually unable to fully counter. I'll grant him that. Insults were quite mild compared to some like say Justinian.

lots of hot wind and opinion not much fact though and a whole lot of name calling and insults

Yep. That describes you to a "T".

its your game pale everyone knows it i have peeps who come here just to read you arrogant tripe filled rants your somewhat of an illigitimate celebrity

I have no game. I come here to discuss issues. I note that you don't challenge me head to head on anything since you got your clock cleaned on the drug issue. Sniping from the sidelines. That is your game.

i wasnt the one in the thread who was as usual insulting someone when i couldnt come up with a worthy reply\thats your whole game pale .....you have demonstrated it time and time again

Neither was I. I made a valid point and backed it up with plenty of valid science. I don't expect that you woud understand it, but it is there if you care to attempt some research. What I have demonstrated is an ability to win discussions and what you have demonstrated is an ability to do no more than snipe from the sidelines under two names.

and when it gets too hot for you................you conviently dissappear until people have lost interest on waiting for your responses ...you think your all that and thats where it ends YOU THINK is the key in that statement

Exactly what is the point of your impotent rant? If you believe that you can win this discussion, then bring it on rather than mewl from the sidelines.

Well...to be fair, I don't think "disappear" is a fair assessment. He kept on with the debate on stemcell research...and while I disagreed with his stance - he made good arguments which I was eventually unable to fully counter. I'll grant him that. Insults were quite mild compared to some like say Justinian.

roker and his alter ego are intimidated by me for some unknown reason. He follows me around sniping from the sidelines as if that constituted some sort of actual argument. Sad and pitiful, but it is his lot in life.

Werbung:
Back