Stunning CNN poll: Americans hugely favor Republicans' "Cut Cap and Balance" plan

You and I see this exactly the same. If we tried to run a corporation using government management techniques, we would be in Chapter 11 tomorrow!

Solving this problem only requires some good management - from the CEO on down. It really should not be so difficult. It really makes me wonder if our Democracy, as it has evolved, is really that good. The Congress should have maybe 50 Senators, and the House maybe 100 members at most.

We also need a way to reduce this bi-polar adversarial party system. A multiple party system would give all points of view representation plus would force compromise. Something needs to be done to break this gridlock. I spend most of my time in Indonesia, and Obama comes over to tout Democracy. The Chinese come over trying to promote trade and mutually help their economies. Who do you think gets a better welcome?

American workers are recognized as being the best in the world: Hard workers, problem solvers, honest, good work ethic. It certainly seems as if our democratic government is working against our nations best interests.

In Indonesia, the government is much less intrusive in the lives of the normal citizen. Makes doing business a lot easier. Too bad the people are so lazy!

Werbung:
Oh gosh... How to begin?

With fewer and fewer people in control, we will find that they like it that way and we will find that one day there are just a few in control and the rest of us are just there to serve their wills, not our own. More people = citizen more participation = less danger of totalitarianism.

Government employees are lazy and incompetent? My own reaction is that all organizations become fat, dumb, and happy over time. A constant reshuffling is needed. Not just new names in old slots, but a reshuffling of slots. too. Its hard to do, and there is a lot of lethargy and apathy, but it can be done.

Werbung:
Well you could be right. I just see that so many legislators seem to lead to gridlock, which is what we have now. So I guess it's a matter of gridlock or totalitarianism - pick you poison! Then perhaps the better alternative would be to have multiple parties. All speculation.

And a total reorganization is what I had in mind. I worked for a City years ago, and that's what the City Manager did - a complete reorganization. It was a great way to clean out the dead wood, ie, the people who were incompetents at all levels. It also allowed the better managers to be moved higher on the management pyramid. The incompetent middle manager found him with far fewer important responsibilities. The end result was fewer but better employees. Good managers had a lot more authority.

Back