"Thank God for guns..."

Werbung:
That is a GREAT "public service" commercial. Where did that come from? Is that from "Boston Legal"? I never saw any of that TV series, but I know Shatner was in it.

The black guy looks like Dwayne Wade from the Miami Heat.

in real life, Shatter gets shot and killed trying that, or you did it in your fantasy and pissed yourself when the gun was really in your face.

Spoken like a true anti-gun liberal willing to be a sheep because he is afraid of guns. And, of course you are wrong and yet again, fail to back up any of your opinions with credible sources.

It is well known by thinking people that guns in the hands of law abiding citizens prevent far more crimes from occurring than those that do occur.

Please read this white paper an educate yourself on the topic.

Using cross-sectional time-series data for U.S. counties from 1977 to 1992, we find that allowing citizens to carry concealed weapons deters violent crimes, without increasing accidental deaths. If those states without right-to-carry concealed gun provisions had adopted them in 1992, county- and state-level data indicate that approximately 1,500 murders would have been avoided yearly. Similarly, we predict that rapes would have declined by over 4,000, robbery by over 11,000, and aggravated assaults by over 60,000. We also find criminals substituting into property crimes involving stealth, where the probability of contact between the criminal and the victim is minimal. Further, higher arrest and conviction rates consistently reduce crime. The estimated annual gain from all remaining states adopting these laws was at least $5.74 billion in 1992. The annual social benefit from an additional concealed handgun permit is as high as $5,000.
http://www.kc3.com/pdf/lott.pdf

in real life, Shatter gets shot and killed trying that, or you did it in your fantasy and pissed yourself when the gun was really in your face.

In real life, the intruder who has forced his way into your house trailer, finds you hiding under your bed, clutching your little container of pepper spray, you scream like a little girl, and the intruder empties his .45 ACP semi-auto into your carcass.

"Real life" in this issue was resolved long ago, with the Kleck study at florida state university, which determined that guns are used 2.5 million times a year for home self defense.

That is a GREAT "public service" commercial. Where did that come from? Is that from "Boston Legal"? I never saw any of that TV series, but I know Shatner was in it.

The black guy looks like Dwayne Wade from the Miami Heat.

My wife tells me this come from the TV show Boston Legal. I can't believe ABC actually showed that considering how politically correct they typically are.

My wife tells me this come from the TV show Boston Legal. I can't believe ABC actually showed that considering how politically correct they typically are.

I never watched "Boston Legal", but I believe that William Shatner played a "right wing" attorney in the series. I know it was a real stretch for Kirk to play a right winger, but it's pretty funny.

this is why you guys are so poorly informed...you think Boston Legal and 24 are real life.

Also having no use for a gun, not needing a gun, and not wanting to waste money on a gun...not same as fear of guns...I am in MN...you know a big hunting state...even planning sometime later this summer to go out on a date with the woman to the gun range...she misses shooting the pink m-16....( yes she is liberal)

And you think Jon Stewart is a real journalist. :rolleyes:

I must have missed something! I've never heard or read anyone accuse Jon Stewart of being a "real journalist!"

But, as a political comedian, he has an amazing ability to pin point the hypocrisy in many political debates and events, and he does it with humor and charisma.

His "Rally to restore sanity" was great! I was so glad to have made the 800 miles trip to be there in person.

I must have missed something! I've never heard or read anyone accuse Jon Stewart of being a "real journalist!"

But, as a political comedian, he has an amazing ability to pin point the hypocrisy in many political debates and events, and he does it with humor and charisma.

His "Rally to restore sanity" was great! I was so glad to have made the 800 miles trip to be there in person.

The problem is he generally only points out hypocrisy when it occurs on the right. And, his delusional attack on Fox News is more proof of his left wing bias.

Jon Stewart Under Fire: Steven Crowder & Herman Cain Rip Off the Clown Nose
by John Nolte
Nothing makes me happier than watching others treat Jon Stewart as the political, left-wing partisan that he is. This is EXACTLY how our side should be responding to Stewart: fighting back and giving as good as we get. Nothing less than our country is at stake, 2012 matters more than I can even begin to express, and Stewart has pretty much had free reign for years to define who in our political world is dumb, evil, racist, or all three — and it’s no coincidence that the dumb, evil racists are almost always Republican stars.
Yes, Stewart goes after Democrats. But only when they’re caught in a scandal that can’t be ignored or not being liberal enough. And Stewart almost never goes after Democrat stars in a way that undermines or negatively defines them.
Jon Stewart is a left-wing hatchet man disguised as a satirist and that disguise is one of his most potent weapons. Below you’ll see Steven Crowder and Herman Cain do the honorable work of starting to pull that disguise off of him.
I’m especially happy to see Fox News no longer taking Stewart’s dishonest attacks lying down. As Glenn Reynolds might say: More, please. Marginalizing and exposing Stewart for what he is, is (hyperbole warning!) good for America. http://bighollywood.breitbart.com/jj...he-clown-nose/

So true. Stewart is a left wing hack, but apparently some people can't see it.

this is why you guys are so poorly informed...you think Boston Legal and 24 are real life.

Also having no use for a gun, not needing a gun, and not wanting to waste money on a gun...not same as fear of guns...I am in MN...you know a big hunting state...even planning sometime later this summer to go out on a date with the woman to the gun range...she misses shooting the pink m-16....( yes she is liberal)

As a gun owner, enthusiast, target shooter, concealed carrier, Life Member of the NRA, I support your right to: "... having no use for a gun, not needing a gun, and not wanting to waste money on a gun..." I know the difference between "Boston Legal and 24 and real life." Furthermore, most here would call me a liberal, but if I am, I am not one of those whose social interactions with like-minded people influence, reinforce, and determine the direction of my thinking. I know the difference between party rhetoric, "A gun is designed only for the purpose of killing...", and reality.

Werbung:
As a gun owner, enthusiast, target shooter, concealed carrier, Life Member of the NRA, I support your right to: "... having no use for a gun, not needing a gun, and not wanting to waste money on a gun..." I know the difference between "Boston Legal and 24 and real life." Furthermore, most here would call me a liberal, but if I am, I am not one of those whose social interactions with like-minded people influence, reinforce, and determine the direction of my thinking. I know the difference between party rhetoric, "A gun is designed only for the purpose of killing...", and reality.

Well said, da!

Back