The democrat key to success in advancing one's personal career in the Justice Department: Lie like a dog under oath

mark francis

We should not be surprised. Finding that Democrat politicians and appointees to powerful government positions are lying under oath has become sadly too commonplace.

DOJ official Kristen Clarke comes clean after falsely testifying to Senate that she had never been arrested

Published May 2, 2024
Updated May 2, 2024, 6:53 a.m. ET

Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke admitted Wednesday that she was arrested and chose not to disclose the legal matter during her Senate confirmation process because it had been expunged from her record.

During her 2021 confirmation process, Clarke, who now heads the Justice Department’s civil rights division, was asked by Sen. Tom Cotton (R-Ark.) in a questionnaire if she’d “ever been arrested for or accused of committing a violent crime against any person.”
To which Clarke responded, “No.”
DOJ Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke admitted Wednesday that she was arrested and chose not to disclose the legal matter during her Senate confirmation process in 2021.4
DOJ Assistant Attorney General Kristen Clarke admitted Wednesday that she was arrested and chose not to disclose the legal matter during her Senate confirmation process in 2021.Rod Lamkey – CNP / MEGA
The Daily Signal reported on Tuesday that Clarke was arrested in Maryland in relation to a domestic violence complaint back in 2006.

The outlet cited court documents, her ex-husband Reginald Avery and text messages between Avery and the head of the American Accountability Foundation (a conservative nonprofit group).

Avery told the outlet that his finger was “sliced to the bone” after Clarke allegedly came at him with a knife after he revealed that he was cheating on her.
Charges against Clarke were dropped, and more than a year later, she filed paperwork that would wipe the arrest from her record.
“Nearly 2 decades ago, I was subjected to years-long abuse and domestic violence at the hands of my ex-husband,” Clarke said in a statement to CNN on
Wednesday.

“This was a terrorizing and traumatizing period that I have sought to put behind me to promote my personal health, healing and well-being,” she added. “The physical and emotional scars, the emotional abuse and exploitation, and the lying are things that no woman or mother should ever have to endure.”
Sen. Tom Cotton had asked Clarke in a questionnaire if she had ever been arrested, which she responded No.4
Sen. Tom Cotton had asked Clarke in a questionnaire if she had ever been arrested, which she responded “No.”Getty Images
Sen. Mike Lee accused Clarke of lying under oath and recommended she resign.4
Sen. Mike Lee accused Clarke of lying under oath and recommended she resign. Tom Williams – Pool via CNP / MEGA
Clarke asserted that since the arrest was expunged, she wasn’t required to disclose it to lawmakers.
“When given the option to speak about such traumatic incidents in my life, I have chosen not to,” the Biden administration official said. “I didn’t believe during my confirmation process and I don’t believe now that I was obligated to share a fully expunged matter from my past.”
At least one Republican is demanding that Clarke step down from her role at DOJ, arguing that she should have disclosed her arrest.
Charges against Clarke were dropped, and more than a year later, she filed paperwork that would wipe the arrest from her record.4
Charges against Clarke were dropped, and more than a year later, she filed paperwork that would wipe the arrest from her record.
“Kristen Clarke is in charge of enforcing civil rights laws. She enforces those laws aggressively against anyone who sneezes near an abortion clinic. And not at all against those who vandalize churches,” Sen. Mike Lee (R-Utah) wrote on X.
“She lied under oath during her confirmation proceedings, and should resign,” the senator said.

Clarke does not appear to have any intention to resign.
“As I have done at every stage of my career as a life-long public servant, I will continue working to ensure that we carry out our work in a way that centers the experiences and needs of crime victims,” she said.

Werbung:
Or how about you actually address his point instead of posting crap like this.

mark has a history of frantically searching the internet for these random stories and spinning them into broad right wing partisan claims.
he really doesn't have a "point" to address here, because its a fallacy to start with, but he'll never admit it.

he is posting crap so really there isn't anything more useful than to make fun of it

mark has a history of frantically searching the internet for these random stories and spinning them into broad right wing partisan claims.
he really doesn't have a "point" to address here, because its a fallacy to start with, but he'll never admit it.

he is posting crap so really there isn't anything more useful than to make fun of it
Most of what I post in breaking news are what comes across my desk from one of many news outlets I subscribe to.

Most of what I post in breaking news are what comes across my desk from one of many news outlets I subscribe to.
most of what you post is mindless right wing BS and random trivial stories that you try to blow up into something useful. lol

You are right. The above posted story is just one of many that show a definite pattern of lying and corruption.

"one of many"..the "many" you haven't referenced. lol.

feel free to post links to "many" stories showing how democrats "lie like a dog under oath" to "advance your career in the justice department" lol

"one of many"..the "many" you haven't referenced. lol.

feel free to post links to "many" stories showing how democrats "lie like a dog under oath" to "advance your career in the justice department" lol

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Adam Schiff censured by House for 'false' allegations on Trump-Russia collusion​

1714672613462.png

1714672653286.png

1714672683796.png

HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES

Adam Schiff censured by House for 'false' allegations on Trump-Russia collusion​

View attachment 13209

View attachment 13210

View attachment 13211
so nothing to do there with advancing career in doj.

you failed again, lying moron.

Werbung:
so nothing to do there with advancing career in doj.

you failed again, lying moron.
The list is long. Here is another:

Five Bombshells in OIG Report Saying FBI’s Andrew McCabe Lied Under Oath​

AARON KELLERApr 13th, 2018, 4:25 pm

Back