The media praises Biden

Popeye

MSNBC (Chuck Todd): But after watching the unveiling of the ticket, it's clear Obama hired Biden to accomplish three things: 1) Connect the ticket with blue-collar voters. Notice, Biden led his remarks with the economy. 2) Sell Obama's story. Biden owned Obama's biography in a way we've yet to see from the candidate himself. 3) Credibly attack John McCain. Biden didn't mince words about his old "friend." All in all, if you believe, as I do, that the VP candidates matters most on three days, the first day, debate day and election day, then the Obama campaign has to be ecstatic about today. One goal down, two to go.

Detroit News (Gordon Trowbridge): Biden's legislative record includes a lot of work on Michigan's signature industry: autos. He was intensely involved in Delaware's unsuccessful attempts to keep Chrysler's Newark, Del., assembly plant open. Last year, he authored a bill calling for a five-year, $500 million boost for research on lithium-ion batteries, the crucial technology for making plug-in hybrid electric vehicles practical.

The New Republic (Michael Crowley): Biden has recently changed his tune on McCain's virtues, saying, "I don't recognize the guy anymore." Such an indictment of McCain from a longtime personal friend could be a powerful line of argument on the stump.

Newsweek (Andrew Romano): Biden was the only shortlister able to immediately and credibly go toe-to-toe with Republican nominee John McCain on Iraq, terrorism, Afghanistan and Pakistan. In the fall of 2002, he tried (with Republican Sens. Richard Lugar and Chuck Hagel) to pass a more modest war resolution that put additional constraints on Bush, and, like Obama, he was warning of the costs of a lengthy occupation even before the war began.

Real Clear Politics (Reid Wilson): Biden is one of the few who compares favorably with John McCain's Senate resume -- the Delaware Senator's two committee chairs were much more prominent than McCain's stints atop the Commerce and Indian Affairs panels. Instead of picking a candidate who helps him in a tactical sense, Obama eschewed political calculations and picked someone viewed as ready to be president.

Werbung:
what is new?

the media has always praised the ground that "THE ONE" walks on, this is not new

ACK!

thats what I get for not reading close enough, I thought the topic was media praises Obama

OK now that I read it again

Yes I would hope the media praises Biden, he can actually do the job of president if Obama gets elected. This is a good thing

what is new?

the media has always praised the ground that "THE ONE" walks on, this is not new

Except maybe for MSNBC, none of those are particularly left leaning (I left those out) and even with MSNBC Chuck Todd is always fair.

Biden was a good solid pick. I would have supported him for president, I never really understood why he couldn't get any traction in the primaries. Maybe it's his hair or lack of it.

Except maybe for MSNBC, none of those are particularly left leaning (I left those out) and even with MSNBC Chuck Todd is always fair.

Biden was a good solid pick. I would have supported him for president, I never really understood why he couldn't get any traction in the primaries. Maybe it's his hair or lack of it.

I dont know either, but I will tell you what.

If the election were between Biden and McCain, I would have probably been in the Biden camp. Unless Mitt Romney is McCains vp

but either way I would have been fine with who ever got elected.

I wish Obama would bow out and let Biden run as president WITH A DIFFERNT VP

That would make my day! my week, my month ... my life time

I dont know either, but I will tell you what.

If the election were between Biden and McCain, I would have probably been in the Biden camp. Unless Mitt Romney is McCains vp

but either way I would have been fine with who ever got elected.

I wish Obama would bow out and let Biden run as president WITH A DIFFERNT VP

That would make my day! my week, my month ... my life time

Did you know, right after he was first elected to the senate, Biden's first wife and his infant daughter were killed in a car accident in 1972? His two other children were seriously injured but lived.

I sure hope those idiots at Fox News or Limbaugh or Savage don't start making remarks about it...nothing seems below them.

Did you know, right after he was first elected to the senate, Biden's first wife and his infant daughter were killed in a car accident in 1972? His two other children were seriously injured but lived.

I sure hope those idiots at Fox News or Limbaugh or Savage don't start making remarks about it...nothing seems below them.

Actually fox news did talk about it, over and over. But not in a way you seem to expect them to do. They praised Biden and talked about all the things he has been through.

I dont think you will see even one thread about him being riddled with brain Aneurysms or that he had two surgerys and almost died exc exc exc

I dont think you will see any negative posts about Biden, except for where he said Obama was not qualified.

Can we put all the talk about Obama/Biden ticket into one thread? Why a new thread for every single new comment, it is all to redundant, should be put in the same thread.

Trust me they will.

Actually fox news did talk about it, over and over. But not in a way you seem to expect them to do. They praised Biden and talked about all the things he has been through.

I dont think you will see even one thread about him being riddled with brain Aneurysms or that he had two surgerys and almost died exc exc exc

I dont think you will see any negative posts about Biden, except for where he said Obama was not qualified.

"I will not need on-the-job training in the White House."
McCain on Bush in 2000

Then again Bush sucked so .....

Werbung:
There's no doubt that Biden is a solid normal advocate for the democrat viewpoint. The problem is the hollow suit at the top of the ticket. A VP usually serves to represent the US at funerals and such. The accession of Biden should not be allowed to obscure the fact (which is of course what the lib media is attempting now) that the dem presidential candidate is an unqualified leftwing extremist.

Back