Biden lies about being shot at in Iraq. Media bias

You'll have to direct that question to other Democrats because honestly I don't have a homophobic side. One of the major tenets of the Democratic party is to avoid belittling someone because of their sexual identity, suspected or otherwise. I don't know whether Anderson Cooper is gay or not but I hardly see the relevance.

oh I agree if he is homosexual or not does not matter, I just got curious when you worded it to her the way you did.

i dont like anderson cooper because he is to bias for Obama. I dont care if he is a homosexual or not

Werbung:
Unlike Clinton, Biden Gets Pass for Saying He Was 'Shot At' in Iraq
When Hillary Clinton told a tall tale about "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, she was accused of "inflating her war experience" by Barack Obama's campaign -- but the campaign has been silent about Joe Biden telling his own questionable story about being "shot at" in Iraq.
By Bill Sammon

FOXNews.com

Tuesday, September 30, 2008

When Hillary Clinton told a tall tale about "landing under sniper fire" in Bosnia, she was accused of "inflating her war experience" by rival Democrat Barack Obama's campaign.

But the campaign has been silent about Obama's running mate, Joe Biden, telling his own questionable story about being "shot at" in Iraq.

"Let's start telling the truth," Biden said during a presidential primary debate sponsored by YouTube last year. "Number one, you take all the troops out - you better have helicopters ready to take those 3,000 civilians inside the Green Zone, where I have been seven times and shot at. You better make sure you have protection for them, or let them die."

But when questioned about the episode afterward by the Hill newspaper, Biden backpedaled from his claim of being "shot at" and instead allowed: "I was near where a shot landed."

The rest of the press ignored the flap at the time because Biden was viewed as having little chance of ending up on the Democratic presidential ticket. But even after Biden was selected to be Obama's running mate last month, his claim to have been "shot at" drew no scrutiny from the same reporters who had savaged Clinton for making a similar claim that turned out to be false.

FOX News has been asking the Obama campaign for details of the alleged shooting in Iraq ever since Biden was tapped to be vice president. Biden campaign spokesman David Wade promised an answer last week, but failed to provide one.

Meanwhile, the gaffe-prone Biden has again raised eyebrows with another story about his exploits in war zones - this time in Afghanistan. Biden said he will grill Republican rival Sarah Palin in Thursday's vice presidential debate about "the superhighway of terror between Pakistan and Afghanistan where my helicopter was forced down."

"We were going to send Biden out to fight the Taliban with snowballs, but we didn't have to," joked Kerry, a Democrat, to the AP. "Other than getting a little cold, it was fine."

Biden never explicitly claimed his chopper had been forced down by terrorists. Nonetheless,

John McCain spokesman Brian Rogers said Obama-Biden officials have been less than forthcoming about Biden's dramatic war stories.

"They never explained Biden's helicopter story from last week - which is very similar to the story about getting 'shot at' in Baghdad," Rogers said.

Bill Sammon is deputy Washington managing editor for FOX News Channel.

Soo a shell landed near where his building was , last I checked thats a bit like being Shot at...being that they fired shots, and they went near you , and there target was buildings in the green zone, maybe even that building...

Vs Clinton...SNiper fire...as she stood there and there was nothing at all,

Funny because I dont see it saying it did not happen , like no shells fell near them, or anything....Where as that is what happened with Clinton, there was clear proof what she said was not true at all.

CNN, in doing that was no doubt responding to Palin's ridiculous assertion of being in possession of foreign policy experience because she can see Russia.

BTW, for someone who claims they are a Democrat (though no active Democrat on this board believes it) it's rather telling that you would show a homophobic side of yourself.

Are you saying that you're a homo? :confused:

No, but I am saying that you're homophobic.

You keep personally attacking me simply because I don't follow your political views, or because I think that your candidate is a joke.

Yet, you haven't answered my question to name 1 simple Obama accomplishment.... That is pathetic!!!!

You'll have to direct that question to other Democrats because honestly I don't have a homophobic side. One of the major tenets of the Democratic party is to avoid belittling someone because of their sexual identity, suspected or otherwise. I don't know whether Anderson Cooper is gay or not but I hardly see the relevance.

Don't be silly. Democrats are the first to bring it up.

Soo a shell landed near where his building was , last I checked thats a bit like being Shot at...being that they fired shots, and they went near you , and there target was buildings in the green zone, maybe even that building...

Vs Clinton...SNiper fire...as she stood there and there was nothing at all,

Funny because I dont see it saying it did not happen , like no shells fell near them, or anything....Where as that is what happened with Clinton, there was clear proof what she said was not true at all.

Saying "I was shot at" means I personally was fired upon. A single mortar shell landing some hundreds of yards away, not aimed at him at all, is not the same, or even remotely so. I was shot at means exactly what it means.

But I will grant you, this is a minor exaggeration. Not nearly as bad as Clinton/Gore was. So to that I give credit. We'll see how Biden shapes up as time goes on.

Saying "I was shot at" means I personally was fired upon. A single mortar shell landing some hundreds of yards away, not aimed at him at all, is not the same, or even remotely so. I was shot at means exactly what it means.

But I will grant you, this is a minor exaggeration. Not nearly as bad as Clinton/Gore was. So to that I give credit. We'll see how Biden shapes up as time goes on.

Why is that different?

Here's the proof:

Why is that different?

Clinton's was a complete fabrication, much like her husbands "the roads in the black section of town were not paved", or Al Gores "we inspired 'love story'". Totally and completely made up.

Biden could at least say a shell landed somewhere in the area. It's also possible that he was "shot at" while in a plane. Although there is some indication it was a completely separate event.

It is still a lie, just not up to Clinton Gore levels.

Clinton's was a complete fabrication, much like her husbands "the roads in the black section of town were not paved", or Al Gores "we inspired 'love story'". Totally and completely made up.

Biden could at least say a shell landed somewhere in the area. It's also possible that he was "shot at" while in a plane. Although there is some indication it was a completely separate event.

Sure, if that's what you wanna believe go ahead.

If you are in a building and someone fired a moter at it, and it missed bye a bit, would you not say you where fired on? the fact they missed does not change the fact the shot was fired and the target was , maybe inderectly , you. As the target was 1 Them themself if they knew where they where. or to to kill someone in the green zone, as they where... in any case they took fire where in some way they where a target.

Werbung:
Back