This is Crazy

BigRob

From a recent News Report:

THE TALE OF THE ARAB FLIGHT CREW
Written by To The Point News
Friday, 16 May 2008

The brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest passenger airplane ever built, sat in its hangar in Toulouse, France without a single hour of airtime. Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as engine runups, prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi. The date was November 15, 2007.

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area. Then they took all four engines to takeoff power with a virtually empty aircraft. Not having read the run-up manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty A340-600 really is.

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit because they had all 4 engines at full power. The aircraft computers thought they were trying to takeoff but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.) Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

The computers automatically released all the brakes and set the aircraft rocketing forward. The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature so that pilots can’t land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough to throttle back the engines from their max power setting, so the $80 million brand-new aircraft crashed into a blast barrier, totaling it.

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown, for there has been a news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere. Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Moslem Arabs. Finally, the photos are starting to leak out.

Find the Pictures here.

How is it that the mainstream media missed this, not because its somehow makes Muslims look bad, but just because it is really scary that a legit airline operates like this.

Werbung:
From a recent News Report:

THE TALE OF THE ARAB FLIGHT CREW
Written by To The Point News
Friday, 16 May 2008

The brand spanking new Airbus 340-600, the largest passenger airplane ever built, sat in its hangar in Toulouse, France without a single hour of airtime. Enter the Arab flight crew of Abu Dhabi Aircraft Technologies (ADAT) to conduct pre-delivery tests on the ground, such as engine runups, prior to delivery to Etihad Airways in Abu Dhabi. The date was November 15, 2007.

The ADAT crew taxied the A340-600 to the run-up area. Then they took all four engines to takeoff power with a virtually empty aircraft. Not having read the run-up manuals, they had no clue just how light an empty A340-600 really is.

The takeoff warning horn was blaring away in the cockpit because they had all 4 engines at full power. The aircraft computers thought they were trying to takeoff but it had not been configured properly (flaps/slats, etc.) Then one of the ADAT crew decided to pull the circuit breaker on the Ground Proximity Sensor to silence the alarm.

This fools the aircraft into thinking it is in the air.

The computers automatically released all the brakes and set the aircraft rocketing forward. The ADAT crew had no idea that this is a safety feature so that pilots can’t land with the brakes on.

Not one member of the seven-man Arab crew was smart enough to throttle back the engines from their max power setting, so the $80 million brand-new aircraft crashed into a blast barrier, totaling it.

The extent of injuries to the crew is unknown, for there has been a news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere. Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Moslem Arabs. Finally, the photos are starting to leak out.

Find the Pictures here.

How is it that the mainstream media missed this, not because its somehow makes Muslims look bad, but just because it is really scary that a legit airline operates like this.

No, you were right the first time - muslims long ago joined the ranks of the lib media's PC protected.

This is somewhat old news. It happened late 2007 and for those of us who follow such things it is widely known. The fact of the matter is that nobody was killed, and it happened in a foreign country. The people who made a massive screw up were not employees of Etihad Airlines which is a very good airline, they were contractors.
Also what thier ethnicity is has little to do with it. Suggesting it does is nothing but bait.

I havent read the incident report as of yet, but if the circumstances surrounding the incident are as described above that is gross negligence on thier part. Somehow, someway I have the feeling the whole truth and twisted interpretation are something different in this case.

This is somewhat old news. It happened late 2007 and for those of us who follow such things it is widely known.

Hi Bunz - quite right mate this not only old news its nothing really spectacular either its just another bad day at work where **** happens and an insurance claim is made - a couple of the techies on board were quite badly hurt but are now out of hospital.

Toulouse A340 throttles not idled until 2s before wall collision
By David Kaminski-Morrow

Flight-recorder information from the Airbus A340-600 involved in the Toulouse ground-test accident last week shows that the aircraft’s engines were not retarded to idle until two seconds before the jet struck its test-pen wall.

The aircraft, which had been performing an engine and brake test, was travelling at around 30kt (55km/h) at the time of impact.

French investigators have determined that the A340-600, which was undergoing pre-delivery checks, was being held at standstill with the parking brake on and all four Rolls-Royce Trent 500 powerplants running with a relatively high engine pressure ratio of 1.24-1.26.

Wheel chocks were not inserted under the aircraft at the time of the 15 November accident.

In an information telex to operators Airbus states that high-thrust engine ground runs are normally only performed on one powerplant at a time, with the corresponding engine on the opposite wing running at limited thrust to counterbalance. It adds that wheel chocks should be installed during such tests.

While the parking brake is set, the A340’s alternate brake system provides the brake pressure. This pressure was normal during the Toulouse A340’s engine run.

Investigation agency Bureau d’Enquetes et d’Analyses states that the aircraft, for as-yet undetermined reasons, began to move forward after the engines had been running for about 3min.

The Airbus communication says the crew applied brake-pedal input within 1-2s of the initial movement and switched off the parking brake; the regular braking system’s pressure rose to its normal level.

But Airbus adds that all four engine thrust levers were only retarded to their ‘idle’ setting about 2s before the aircraft collided with the wall. By that point the aircraft had been in motion for around 11s.

“There is no evidence of any aircraft system or engine malfunction,” says Airbus vice-president for flight safety Yannick Malinge. “Airbus reminds all operators to strictly adhere to [aircraft maintenance manual] procedures when performing engine ground runs.”

Investigations are still continuing into the accident which destroyed the aircraft and injured several of the nine personnel on board. The jet had been scheduled for delivery to Etihad Airways on 21 November.

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...not-idled-until-2s-before-wall-collision.html

...for there has been a news blackout in the major media in France and elsewhere. Coverage of the story was deemed insulting to Moslem Arabs.

You know sometimes I dispare at the ignorance of some people...who the f**k is To The Point News!!! BigRob next time please check the information you're posting because this is the biggest pile of total craaappppp ever written - trust me dyslexic corpses have strung together more informative articles than this....

Hi Bunz - quite right mate this not only old news its nothing really spectacular either its just another bad day at work where **** happens and an insurance claim is made - a couple of the techies on board were quite badly hurt but are now out of hospital.

http://www.flightglobal.com/article...not-idled-until-2s-before-wall-collision.html

You know sometimes I dispare at the ignorance of some people...who the f**k is To The Point News!!! BigRob next time please check the information you're posting because this is the biggest pile of total craaappppp ever written - trust me dyslexic corpses have strung together more informative articles than this....

I have no idea who the point news is. I just randomly came across the story and thought it was not as widely reported as it clearly was. Further, if you look at my following statement I clarified that that point in the story was bogus, and pointed to the real reason I thought the story was relevant.

Werbung:
Scotsman and Rob,
To the point news is an ultra right wing deal written by Jack Wheeler a true blow hard type. He is to the right of Limbaugh, doesnt think McCain is conservative enough and has recently made accusations that Obama is using drugs to this day. He is accusatory with visions of grandeur about himself.

I will say again, Etihad airlines is among the best in the world. Generally ranked in the top three to five. Which would include Singapore Air, Qantas, Emirates Air, Etihad and probably BA.

Back