Thomas Jefferson repealed all internal taxes

Is this the best you can do?

LOL. Nice dodge. You really should just admit when you're cornered. It makes you look like an idiot when you try to argue with an unarguable point. But obviously, you must enjoy looking like an idiot, because you do it quite a lot... Again, you voted for Bush and you admit he's not a conservative - so you did compromise your principles.

Are you saying that you never vote for anyone who isn't a libertarian? Do they have to identify themselves as libertarians for you in order for you to decide whether they are better or worse than the one they are running against? Or do you just sit out of any election in which you can't vote for a libertarian? Honestly, I do hope that is the case because it would mean that you don't get to vote very often.

Another complete and total dodge. And, yes, I only vote for people who identify themselves as libertarians, but you'd be surprised how many there are, so no, I don't sit out any elections. If there is no libertarian on the ballot - I write the names in.

Insisting that a candidate agree with you on every issue before you support them is the negative character trait truth bringer. One who thinks that way is spoiled and immature, and selfish. It is a clear indication that you must have things exactly your way, or no way.

Again, a complete and total dodge of your own negative character trait. One cannot have complete agreement (unfortunately), but one should have at least 95% agreement with a candidate on the issues. One should at least be firmly politically aligned with the candidate and share the same general political philosophy - which of course, you've already admitted, you do not share this with Bush...

By supporting bush, I got a supreme court that has tipped back towards conservativism. Abortion is a big issue with me and I was willing to compromize in some areas in order to gain in others. That, my dear, is called maturity and someday you may grow into it. Or not.

Your alleged "maturity" is nothing of the sort. In your case it's stupidity. You HOPE you got a Supreme Court that's slightly more conservative, but there's no guarantee of that, as Souter showed Bush's pappy. Regardless, Bush's idiocy with the national debt, government spending, and the growth of government pretty much guarantees a Democrat comeback at some point. What if 3 more judges retire under a Democrat President? Then say bye bye to whatever alleged gains you claim you made, if it turns out you made any at all...

So Abortion is a big issue with you... Well, the Republicans had control of the White House and Congress for several years in a row AND...nothing changed...Abortion is still fully legal and still occuring. Do they want to stop it or not? Bush has done nothing to stop it - and he's had the power to do so. Here's a pretty damaging critique of Bush's real abortion stand from a conservative pastor:

BUSH BETRAYS PRO-LIFE CAUSE AGAIN, BACKS FEDERAL AID TO OVERSEAS ABORTION PROVIDERS

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin107.htm

IS THE RELIGIOUS RIGHT GULLIBLE, NAÏVE, OR WILLINGLY IGNORANT?

http://www.newswithviews.com/baldwin/baldwin221.htm

"Some point to Bush being a "Pro-life" president. They're wrong there, too. Bush is a pro-abortion president if ever there was one. For those who still labor under the delusion that they're supporting a man who supports the unborn, dig this:

Bush said four years ago he would not outlaw abortion through a human life amendment. He could have but he didn't. Bush recently made it clear he would not use abortion as a litmus test for his judicial appointments. Why not? And since the G.O.P. controls both houses why can't the guy get his judges confirmed?

W. and his "pro-life" buddy Senator Rick Santorum threw pro-life Congressman Pat Toomey right under the bus when they both campaigned for the very pro-abortion Senator Arlen Spector. Let's see, "pro-life" Bush and Santorum backed a screaming pro-abort when they had the chance to help true-blue friend of the unborn, Patrick Toomey get elected"

Your problem, shetland pony rider, among other things..., is that you believe the hype as long as the person telling you what you want to hear is a Republican or self-described conservative. They can spoon feed you anything they want, and you'll sit by and lap it up like a good little doggy, regardless of reality. That's called DENIAL - and you've got a full blown case of it.

Now admit that you've attempted to defraud the good people of this forum, old man, and apologize to them for wasting their time.

Werbung:
Werbung:
"My general plan [for the federal government] would be, to make the States one as to everything connected with foreign nations, and several as to everything purely domestic." --Thomas Jefferson to Edward Carrington, 1787. ME 6:227
This supports the concept that I believe Madison once used to describe the US govt as both national in some respects and federal in others.

Back