tidbits

Dr.Who

About three thousand (a third more than in 2011) rich people gave up their citizenship this year so they would not have to pay taxes. that represents about 1% of the top 10% who pay 70% of all the taxes. In other words the federal government lost a significant amount of revenue.

Atheist who are hooked up to lie detectors get nervous when they say things like: "I dare God to strike me with lightning." There are obvious several competing explanations for this.

Janet yellen does appear to be more aggressive then Ben in her use of QE and as a result the stock market expanded today while gold fell. Janet says we are not in bubble territory. Its not like exhuberant investing in the stock market despite no real support for such enthusiasm would be part of the definition of a bubble or anything. To me the real evidence is the sheer number of talking heads who are questioning whether or not we are in a bubble. there are three possibilities: 1) no one questions if we are in a bubble - which would mean that we are not because there would be zero enthusiasm for stocks. 2) many people claim we are in a bubble and many claim we are not - which would meant that perhaps the deniers are overly enthusiastic. 3) Everyone says we are in a bubble - in which case there would be zero enthusiasm for the markets. So did she lie when she said we are not in a bubble or is she deluding herself?

Along those same lines the stock market might get better (QE) before it gets worse (bubble). Duh. And the corrollary: silver prices might drop to $15 an ounce before they skyrocket. Unless Janet can do the impossible.

Supply and demand: The white house wants to increase the number of people who go to college by giving them more aid but wants the costs to come down. Our government is destroying tons of illegal ivory to teach poachers a lesson but this will drive up the cost of ivory. They could give it away and drive down costs. You cant provide more "free" health care to people while simultaneously driving down the price.

The economy is bad: middle aged men now commit suicide at a higher rate than they die by any other cause. Really?

Paul Krugman thinks that Germany is wrong to complain that Europe wants to engage in American style dollar manipulation to prop up their Euro when the German economy needs to opposite approach. Apparently its their duty to sacrifice for the greater good.

Histological (is that the word) studies show what 9 million raw milk drinkers have been saying for years - its safe to drink no matter what the CDC says.

The bitcoin is getting a lot of press.

Google is complaining that the gov is collecting a lot of data.

Coal plants are shutting down.

Politicians forced people to buy insurance, forced insurance companies to stop selling certain insurance, and now want to force those same companies to go back to selling that same insurance. They are allowed to force people to buy and sell certain stuff? Hey I want to sell bibles. I bet if 90% of the population that makes some claim to being a Christian started a lobby we could get the gov to force people to buy bibles. And broccoli because eating it will bring down health care costs. What you don't like it? Just put some salt on it. Oh wait. I mean just put some butter on it. Oh wait. I mean just put some sugar on it. Oh wait. I mean just eat it and shut up or the IRS will get you.

Meanwhile Bill Clinton hs done more damage to obamacare than anyone other than Obama. Can you say I want my financial life-partner to be President. Financial life-partner? Well now that we are redefining marriage it makes perfect sense for people to get married based on what kind of contacts they want to seal. Its been done illegally for years (think immigration fraud) now we can codify it.

A school in Colorado lets kids choose their gender for the day.

When Obama is gone Reid, Pelosi, and Christi, et al will still be around.

Werbung:
"There has been a lot misinformation in this debate and there are some folks out there who are frankly bearing false witness. This notion that somehow we are setting up death panels that would decide on whether elderly people get to live or die ... that is just an extraordinary lie. You've heard that this is all going to mean government funding of abortions. Not true,"

Werbung:
Back