Top Gun: Maverick

Yo Daddy!

Great flick!

The scene when he drinks the water in the diner is funny as hell!

I don't buy the idea that all those 25 year old hot shot Navy fighter jocks in the bar all know the lyrics to Jerry Lee Lewis' 1950's hit, "Great Balls O Fire" which is also featured in the famous scene from the original Top Gun.

If a goal of film making is to seduce viewers into suspending their disbelief, this scene ruined that mental illusion.

I suspect a "woke," young assistant director thought it would be great if everyone on the set enjoyed a nice musical number to bond them all in that place and setting. And the woke viewers would simply get into the fun aspects of singing along and for the first time maybe understanding the lyrics of the song because the actors enunciated those hard to understand lyrics really clearly.

Everything woke turns to shixx.

DJT

Last edited:
Werbung:
Werbung:
Great flick!

The scene when he drinks the water in the diner is funny as hell!

I don't buy the idea that all those 25 year old hot shot Navy fighter jocks in the bar all know the lyrics to Jerry Lee Lewis' 1950's hit, "Great Balls O Fire" which is also featured in the famous scene from the original Top Gun.

If a goal of film making is to seduce viewers into suspending their disbelief, this scene ruined that mental illusion.

I suspect a "woke," young assistant director thought it would be great if everyone on the set enjoyed a nice musical number to bond them all in that place and setting. And the woke viewers would simply get into the fun aspects of singing along and for the first time maybe understanding the lyrics of the song because the actors enunciated those hard to understand lyrics really clearly.

Everything woke turns to shixx.

DJT
The final song is pretty insipid, * as befits the current generation of mind numbed young uns.

Lady Gaga - Hold My Hand (From “Top Gun: Maverick”) [Official Music Video] (3:49)​

insipid

ĭn-sĭp′ĭd

adjective​

1. Lacking flavor or zest; not tasty.
  2. Lacking qualities that excite, stimulate, or interest; dull.
  3. Wanting in the qualities which affect the organs of taste; without taste or savor; vapid; tasteless.

Back