Trump rankles proud Koreans by reminding of their humiliating past

Werbung:
Sucking foes in is not new for the russians.
History Is Too Important to Be Left to the Historians

Napoleon's invasion was not intentionally provoked by the Czar. Following the dominant dim mentors, even Solzhenitsyn was under the mistaken impression that Stalin had trusted and been fooled by Hitler.

Another lie to back up the historians' simple-minded version was that the troops kept east of Moscow were to guard against an invasion by the Japanese. But Zhukov had already defeated the Japanese for good on that front at Khalkin Gol, Mongolia, in 1939. No, that real army was waiting to spring the trap as soon as Hitler seemed to the whole world as having already defeated the Soviet Union.

History Is Too Important to Be Left to the Historians

Napoleon's invasion was not intentionally provoked by the Czar. Following the dominant dim mentors, even Solzhenitsyn was under the mistaken impression that Stalin had trusted and been fooled by Hitler.

Another lie to back up the historians' simple-minded version was that the troops kept east of Moscow were to guard against an invasion by the Japanese. But Zhukov had already defeated the Japanese for good on that front at Khalkin Gol, Mongolia, in 1939. No, that real army was waiting to spring the trap as soon as Hitler seemed to the whole world as having already defeated the Soviet Union.
Point is, it's impossible to conquor Russia. The only question is how badly you lose trying.

Trump is obviously mistaken. Korea has never been a part of China since the founding of Sila in 57 BC. Korea was only colonised by Japan from 1910 to 1945. The Chinese actually set up military outposts in northern Korea prior to the founding of Sila but they had never controlled the Korean peninsula.
What got Korea conquered for the first time in 2,000 years was that the aristocracy had totally crushed the revolt by the lower classes and then became soft and sure of themselves. The same thing happened when the Roman hereditary elite crushed plebeian rights when they assassinated the Brothers Gracchi.

Point is, it's impossible to conquer Russia. The only question is how badly you lose trying.
Hitler Could Have Used "Salami Tactics"

It's useful to look at things from the opposite angle. The original tiny state at Moscow conquered Russia, so did the Bolsheviks, and did so after only a few years. They both also expanded their empires far beyond ethnic Russia.

Hi Mate, I was refering to "The Gallic Wars" written by Julius Caesar.

The Scotchman sorry I have not read this book. I will try and get a copy.

The Scotchman sorry I have not read this book. I will try and get a copy.
Hi Mate, no need if you are interested - and I mean interested as its not a casual read you can look at it here. It might also be worth reviewing some commentaries on these books as they are highly politicied by Caesar in order to further his political aims with the folks back in Rome. You will also notice references to a guy called Titus Labienus, he was effectively Caesars second in command for most of the campaign and Commander of the Cavalry and in my humble oppion the real military "genius" behind the campaigns. Looking at some of the histories of the individual Legions raised by Caesar in Spain I think that they were badly mis-managed by him during the Gallic and subsequent campaigns (especially the civil war with Pompey) - if not for the Legion's Legates (who interestingly enough do not get mentioned) and Centurions they would probably have mutinied. Anyway for what its worth you can read the books here...
http://classics.mit.edu/Caesar/gallic.html
I would recommend the books written by a guy called Stephen Collins who has written some excellent commentaries on some of the legions especilly the Legio X.

Last edited:
Werbung:
Hi Mate, no need if you are interested - and I mean interested as its not a casual read you can look at it here. It might also be worth reviewing some commentaries on these books as they are highly politicied by Caesar in order to further his political aims with the folks back in Rome. You will also notice references to a guy called Titus Labienus, he was effectively Caesars second in command for most of the campaign and Commander of the Cavalry and in my humble oppion the real military "genius" behind the campaigns. Looking at some of the histories of the individual Legions raised by Caesar in Spain I think that they were badly mis-managed by him during the Gallic and subsequent campaigns (especially the civil war with Pompey) - if not for the Legion's Legates (who interestingly enough do not get mentioned) and Centurions they would probably have mutinied. Anyway for what its worth you can read the books here...
http://classics.mit.edu/Caesar/gallic.html
I would recommend the books written by a guy called Stephen Collins who has written some excellent commentaries on some of the legions especilly the Legio X.
Veni, Vidi, Vici

Decadent aristocrats have always hated Julius Caesar.

Back