U S is pulling out of Iraq

Today's news said 50 thousand non combat troops and 10 thousand combat troops that will leave in a few months.

I hope that our guys are not sitting ducks :(

They are not, they are pretty well protected...far more protected then just about 95% of the people of Iraq...Most likey the most protected they have been all war, as they are not walking down the streets looking for IED's now..

Werbung:
So, liberals are the ones who want to keep US forces stationed all over the world. That, at least, is consistent with your definition of liberal, as someone who is in favor of big government.

Most people think that a strong military is a conservative value. At least, you can see the contradiction to that stance.

Well we all know thats what the Gipper would have said right? he was realy good at not putting out troops all over the world....well ok big bad ass Grenada maybe,,,:)

you know if you listen to Gippers posts and ideas...you would think he hated Regan.. :) ( the real one, not the one in his head)

It's not true that keeping a strong military is a conservative position?

Not so THC1.

You think a strong military is one that stations troops all over the world. Really? And, you believe conservatives want our troops stationed all over the world. Well, wrong on both counts. Though I recognize some conservatives like Big Rob disagree. Not all conservatives agree on all things, but we do agree that liberalism is a terrible, disgusting, awful, damaging, sickening....well you know.

Back on topic...We are just about bankrupt and yet we have troops protecting the sorry asses of the S. Koreans, Euros, Japanese, etc. Time to pull back the troops. That does not mean we ignore what is going on in far away places. We do have the world's largest navy and air force. We also have lots of technology from above that can monitor things. All that technology costs a great deal. Lets use it.

And libs will love this, we need to "re-invest" in the CIA and use covert tactics to protect our interests.

Not so THC1.

You think a strong military is one that stations troops all over the world. Really? And, you believe conservatives want our troops stationed all over the world. Well, wrong on both counts. Though I recognize some conservatives like Big Rob disagree. Not all conservatives agree on all things, but we do agree that liberalism is a terrible, disgusting, awful, damaging, sickening....well you know.

Back on topic...We are just about bankrupt and yet we have troops protecting the sorry asses of the S. Koreans, Euros, Japanese, etc. Time to pull back the troops. That does not mean we ignore what is going on in far away places. We do have the world's largest navy and air force. We also have lots of technology from above that can monitor things. All that technology costs a great deal. Lets use it.

And libs will love this, we need to "re-invest" in the CIA and use covert tactics to protect our interests.

Yes, I think you'll find that many conservatives disagree. Some even disagree that liberalism fits all of the adjectives you have applied to it. Most would disagree with your definition of the term as well.

But, life goes on. Terms like liberal and conservative are somewhat elastic, to say the least.

Werbung:
Not so THC1.

I would argue those most of our world wide troop deployments are not really "protecting" the country in which they are located, but rather projecting power, protecting trade routes, keeping relations ongoing with many nations that are very important to our way of life etc..

I think we see more in benefits than that ultimately costs us.

Back