U S is pulling out of Iraq

steveox

Goodbye Iraq: Last US combat brigade heads home

KHABARI CROSSING, Kuwait – As their convoy reached the barbed wire at the border crossing out of Iraq on Wednesday, the soldiers whooped and cheered. Then they scrambled out of their stifling hot armored vehicles, unfurled an American flag and posed for group photos.

For these troops of the 4th Stryker Brigade, 2nd Infantry Division, it was a moment of relief fraught with symbolism. Seven years and five months after the U.S.-led invasion, the last American combat brigade was leaving Iraq, well ahead of President Barack Obama's Aug. 31 deadline for ending U.S.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20100818...5bl9oZWFkbGluZV9saXN0BHNsawNnb29kYnllaXJhcWw-

Now ill bet gas prices will drop below $2.00 again.

Werbung:
isnt there still 50 thousand troops staying?

Its great that some got to leave and hopefully come home but I thought many stayed

i hope you are right about the gas prices too

The head lines of troops left should give obama a needed boost in the polls :)

isnt there still 50 thousand troops staying?

Its great that some got to leave and hopefully come home but I thought many stayed

i hope you are right about the gas prices too

The head lines of troops left should give obama a needed boost in the polls :)

The last combat troops are out...for the most part. whats left is Training people, support staff, and counter terrorism ( intel and a small group of combate anti terror troops. 50,000 are left yes

So,,, Who won the war? Sounds like we lost.:confused:

Well deppends on what the goal was...since Bush and the Republicans changed the reason so often its hard to say..

well Iraq is Free of WMD...that they where not found in the first place...I guess you just ignore that and call it a win?

Revamping the middle east into democracy like Domnios...well that to be sceen...but not looking good so far...

Making Iraq a Safe Democracy...well sorta a Democracy...major issues and can't function so far...but well better then what they had...who knows how it ends..

Prevent Civil war...ask in 15 years if we did...thats when we will realy have a good idea...

Got Saddam. so win? Cost 4000 plus American lives, Hundreds of thousands of Civilians, and more to come still even when we are gone...and Billions on billions of Spending.....very very very costly win?

So,,, Who won the war? Sounds like we lost.:confused:

We took out Saddam Hussain, so I guess we must have won.

What was the objective in Iraq?:confused: With no objective, it's hard to determine when we have "won." It doesn't look like we have "lost" either. Maybe it was a draw.

It was a darned expensive draw, both in terms of lives and treasure, wasn't it?

And, it's not over by any means. We have withdrawn "combat" troops, but still have 50K soldiers there. Who is taking bets that those non combat troops will still be fighting "insurgents" who want us gone?

Its sounds like Bush got his way,,He got even because saddam tried to kill his dad. Well Cops will never win when their family members get raped or killed by criminals, because the state will not allow the officers stay on the job and try to kill the suspect themselves. There should be a law prevent a candidate running for president if his family was attacked while overseas or an assassination attemped on them. Just like John McCain should never be in the oval office cause he was a former P.O.W he might use a nuclear bomb on north korea cause they tourtured him.

The last combat troops are out...for the most part. whats left is Training people, support staff, and counter terrorism ( intel and a small group of combate anti terror troops. 50,000 are left yes

Today's news said 50 thousand non combat troops and 10 thousand combat troops that will leave in a few months.

I hope that our guys are not sitting ducks :(

Just like John McCain should never be in the oval office cause he was a former P.O.W he might use a nuclear bomb on north korea cause they tourtured him.

I died laughing at this comment, but then I realized you were serious. :rolleyes:

Now stop and think a moment. How would you react when you hear someone telling you someone raped your sister and murdered her? Now you be very upset and then you be mad as hell. Would you try to find that guy and kill him too? Thats why Bush ran for the white house. When he heard the news saddam tried to kill his daddy then all the sudden he wants to run for president. Bush didnt give a damn about America, All he was in it was for to get saddam.

50k special forces are staying in Iraq.

We should be pulling out altogether from Iraq, Afgan****istan, Pac****istan, S. Korea, Germany, Japan, and every where else we have troops stationed in foreign lands.

Bring them all home and put some on the southern border to stop the influx of illegals and terrorists.

But, alas I make too much sense in the Age of Ignorance...(aka Liberalism).

Here is a great book if you interested in reading about people who are MAD.

Liberal%20Mind%20Web%20%281%29.jpg

We should be pulling out altogether from Iraq, Afgan****istan, Pac****istan, S. Korea, Germany, Japan, and every where else we have troops stationed in foreign lands.

Bring them all home and put some on the southern border to stop the influx of illegals and terrorists.

So, liberals are the ones who want to keep US forces stationed all over the world. That, at least, is consistent with your definition of liberal, as someone who is in favor of big government.

Most people think that a strong military is a conservative value. At least, you can see the contradiction to that stance.

So, liberals are the ones who want to keep US forces stationed all over the world. That, at least, is consistent with your definition of liberal, as someone who is in favor of big government.

Most people think that a strong military is a conservative value. At least, you can see the contradiction to that stance.

Not so THC.

I can't help but dump on DF liberals in every post.

Have you not noticed that yet?

I would wager by now you could agree that I am a pretty conservative person. That said, I disagree 100% with withdrawing from our bases around the world. We gain to much from that to simply give it all up for nothing really.

Werbung:
Not so THC.

It's not true that keeping a strong military is a conservative position?

I can't help but dump on DF liberals in every post.

Have you not noticed that yet?

I noticed. I also noticed that you seem to look at politics with a simplistic one dimensional left to right philosophy.

Did you notice that I tend to make fun of your constant dumping on "liberals"?

What is "DF" supposed to stand for, anyway?

Back